• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    This is the picture that started it all. I was out there shooting with Ian and Brant, thinking yeah, we're all about the same age, Ian and I look similar, tall, bearded, we're the same height and stuff. Then I get home and see the pics. Thinking who is that fat dude next to Ian. OH SHIT! That's me. I remembered that afterwards at lunch, they both had sensible 6" subway tuna sandwiches, while I had a 12" Philly cheesesteak, and figured that had to have something to do with it. And I decided, I am way too young to look like this. So between then and the end of the year, I came up with my plan, but of course, waited until February to implement. This is NOT a diet, it's about developing healthy habit and making smart choices.
    So here is the catalyst:
    5cc7d36ed76aa864bd65a1e4bb2bcfe7.jpg

Progression pics.
    18, 185. WAY too small.
    86851e69855a161378eb8866f811084d.jpg

21, 200, fine for a kid, but on the small side
    a7e6881955fdd253f3e209dbeb31bd24.jpg

24, 215, about right.
    e77c6e0141d502a993dc91acb7d73239.jpg

27, 230, fine, but a little thick
    7b16af264c9faea90f159023143191da.jpg

29, 245, look at that gut!!! Jeez.
    44fc98f4e078d33bee8f8de05d667049.jpg

30, 220, feeling good.
    c361da461220c641f142565217d435f7.jpg

Viking1204

Master
    Great motivational pics Dan! Starting Dan's Diet Plan tomorrow after the official weigh-in in the morning, drinking my green tea now to get a head start!

Dan1612

Master
    Thanks Viking, and good luck, but don't think of it as a diet. It's a new way of life. Finish out or toss the junk in your house and start fresh. Literally.
    Then Ian comes along and makes me look like a cow. Lol. No, just kidding. I like 220.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Ok then ok...

Married life had me eating fast food, ice cream, chips, candy and junk food in October '14 I was ~195 pounds and I'm 6'2" (no pic). Lost ~10 pounds "I want a divorce" weight. After losing some weight due to stress and deciding that I should capitalize on the stress weight loss by altering my diet and adding exercise to my daily routine.

Cut out all junk food, and fast food, focused on trying to eat as healthy as possible (mostly low fat tuna salad, grilled chicken, etc).

First pic December 9th I had started running, was roughly 2 weeks in, ~185, and was running about 7 miles per week averaging between a 9-10 minute mile pace.

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

Jan 30th ~170 pounds running 12-15 miles per week averaging an 8-9 minute pace

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

This week ~160 pounds running 18-24 miles per week at a 6:40-7:15 minute mile pace, typically including a race each Saturday. I've also been doing pushups daily for ~ 4 months and am up to 62 consecutive push ups in the first set, and can usually get another ~30 in for the second. Eating a low fat diet, raw veggies, lots of protein, etc etc etc. I cheat a couple of times per week when eating out, and drink some beer.

FullSizeRender (3).jpg

FullSizeRender (4).jpg

I went from a 36" waist to about a 30" waist and am down a total of ~35 pounds give or take. My lifestyle is completely different, and I am feeling better than I ever have with my exercise routine / diet. Tomorrow I compete in my first Triathlon, should be challenging, but I'm ready!

So no, I'm not sick, I just exercise constantly. :D

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (1).jpg
      FullSizeRender (1).jpg
      22.4 KB · Views: 315
    • FullSizeRender (2).jpg
      FullSizeRender (2).jpg
      34.3 KB · Views: 294
    • FullSizeRender (3).jpg
      FullSizeRender (3).jpg
      42 KB · Views: 254
    • FullSizeRender (4).jpg
      FullSizeRender (4).jpg
      36.9 KB · Views: 243
    Dante is right about how to lose the weight. If you guys remember, last week was a year ago that I got out of the hospital after almost dying. At 5'6" and 53 years old, I weighed 290 pounds. The most I have ever weighed in my life. Since that day, through a proper diet and walking 2.65 miles every day, 95 pounds came off. I went from 48" waist pants to 36" waist pants. From XXL shirts to large shirts. I can even fit into my Air Force uniforms I have not worn since 2002. Life is much better when you are not lugging around excess weight. You sleep better, you feel better, and you have more energy. I saw my Urologist Wednesday for a check-up since having the lithotripsy in February. He said I am a completely different person from who he first met a year ago.

Congrats Dante. Outstanding job on your weight loss. Keep up the good work.

Clay

Master
    Hell of a story! So many dudes go the other way during a divorce, eat themselves into a dungeon of depression. Proud of you!

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Great progress Dante, you looked like a totally different person when I saw you at the crawfish festival, feels great doesn't it?

And I wasn't trying to derail your thread, Clay called me out, and I just thought I'd share my life change too.

Dan1612

Master
    Ian, James, congrats to you both, you guys both inspired me. Thanks!
    Ian is a machine now, that is a whole different ball game.
    I think with summer activity and starting walks, I'll end up closer to 200, but I'm not interested in going lower than that. I sleep better, I sleep less, and I don't snore anymore. Feels good.

Dan1612

Master
    Great progress Dante, you looked like a totally different person when I saw you at the crawfish festival, feels great doesn't it?

And I wasn't trying to derail your thread, Clay called me out, and I just thought I'd share my life change too.
    Not at all bud, thanks for sharing, and whether you realize it or not, you started it all. I think it's good and healthy for us to form a support group of sorts. We enable and encourage out gun habits, a healthy lifestyle is also a great habit to encourage each other on. This is great! Plus, the 6 pack is kinda sexy.

Ric-san

Master
    Ian...you look like an Ethiopian...

Dan1612

Master
    He's not doing it for you Ric, it's for the chicks in DT Pcola.

Ric-san

Master
    Don't have any pics in an Ice Cream Suit like Dante...good job shipmate on loosing that extra wight. Lots of good advice here, truth is there is no magic bullet so to speak for any of us. Age, metabolism, are different on us all. Sean p brought up the 'D' word...diabetes. Recently was diagnosed myself. Lifestyle change OR death...pretty easy choice. Twenty yrs in the Marines kept me in good shape, retired 10 yrs ago. As an aircraft mechanic, I'm on my feet for 95% of my 8 hr shift, so I don't suffer like over 75% of the retired USAF guys I work with who look like they have swallowed a fifth grader since they retired. What I have learned now is that the main culprit of weight gain/ diabetes is carb intake. I don't think anyone mentioned that. I'm limited to 75 carbs per meal. A freakin' Coke or Pepsi has around 65 carbs per. Suck down a big gulp and you basically got a whole day of carbs in one drink (Starbucks grande mocha-chino supremos count too). My snacks are now leaner...beef jerky, nuts, etc. Yea I was a big sweets guy, now my intake is greatly reduced. I think my genetics in my case was more to blame for my diabetes than being a fat ass as I really wasn't compared again to guys my age. I have dropped about 10 lbs without working out (plan on PT...just had eye surgery) and plan on dropping more. Just have to attempt to not loose muscle mass as I don't want to look like some feather merchant. I'm at around 220 lbs now...looking to get down to around 205-210 and see if I can dump some meds I'm on now BUT...I will now always be limited on my carb intake. Sugar is our enemy more than fat, believe it or not...

Seanpcola

If you guys really want to lose weight I would suggest the Mayonaisse diet. Open the jar and leave it in the sun for a few days before using it.

Bam! I can guarantee 30-50# weight loss per week.

Dan1612

Master
    So today, I got a late start, so breakfast was late and got caught up handling contractors and such, so I missed lunch and I really wasn't hungry at lunch time. It's now 3pm, and I'm a little hungry. I can't wait till dinner, because I'll starve and overeat, and I can't have a regular lunch now because I'll throw off my routine and dinner will be way too late. Fruit, to the rescue: I throw some berries and a banana with skim milk in my personal sized blender and voila: the day is saved.
    24b719d476efe008b8094ccbb7e46e4e.jpg

a7803f002b400bbf7f6ef2eb83171c67.jpg

Top Bottom