• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    I weighed myself Saturday morning, keep in mind I'm 6'4" tall. I weighed 267.5 lbs. This morning I was 263 lbs, did this by reducing my carb intake over the weekend.
    Congrats! That sounds great. Carbs are not bad, I just substitute whites with whole grain wheat type stuff, which I do believe may have less net carbs, maybe? Either way, so simple. Keep it up.

Seanpcola

I gotta back read and catch up on this discussion.

A little bit of news to report. I bought some new cargo shorts first of April without trying them on in the store. Got home and they were about 2" short of buttoning and zipping. I got pissed off and threw them in the closet. Got up Saturday morning and saw them, pulled them on and viola! Fit is great! Also, pulled in another notch on my work belt.

My stomach capacity is smaller now for sure. Went to Johnny Huston's Saturday and got their smallest burger (still big). Ate it and one serving of fries. Never had anything else the rest of the day and not till breakfast on Sunday. I was miserably stuffed after I ate. That's a good thing. Went out to eat last night, still stuffed and only ate half my plate.

It's working, the psychological end of it anyway. It's getting easier for me to stay away from bad stuff and say no.

Dan1612

Master
    Sean, you'll find your body changes the kind of stuff it can even process.
    One of my favorite foods is hooters wings, and like I said in my 4 steps, I don't deny myself anything if I really want it, but I don't eat it just to eat. So long story short, a few weeks ago, I really wanted some wings, I went and got them, and whereas I usually have about 20, I had 5, couldn't eat anymore and felt nauseous and sick for a day and a half. I don't crave wings anymore. Lol.

Seanpcola

Yeah D, hamburgers did that to me. Fried foods aren't working well now either and that's OK. Like we mentioned before, chocolate and sugar makes me funky.

I'm trying to learn to drink green tea but that stuff makes me feel weird. I wonder if I'll adapt or never be able to drink it?

Dan1612

Master
    I do like iced green tea, but haven't had it in years. I may revisit, maybe try making with with agave nectar or honey.
    I do drink a fair amount of orange juice, the vitamin C is supposed to help my body absorb the iron in the spinach and other iron rich greens.

Seanpcola

I drink lots of orange juice and grapefruit juice.

I bought some natural mango flavoring and have been mixing that with unsweetened tea. Tastes delicious. The green tea experiment is for the supposed health benefits.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    My effort for the day. Not anywhere in the same universe as Ian's runs, but not bad considering I haven't run with anything close to consistency in at least 5 years.

20150519_173641_zpss0fg7tvl.jpg

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Good job Brant! I did 3 with a friend at about a 7:50 and then 2.8 on a "run date" at about a 9:00, good easy runs to do in this heat and humidity.

Dan1612

Master
    Hey, those space watches are the first step. Good job!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Good job Brant! I did 3 with a friend at about a 7:50 and then 2.8 on a "run date" at about a 9:00, good easy runs to do in this heat and humidity.

It's so much easier for me to run when it's hot than cold. My lungs feel like they're filled with needles when I do any hard exercise when it's cold.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    It's so much easier for me to run when it's hot than cold. My lungs feel like they're filled with needles when I do any hard exercise when it's cold.

That only comes into play for me when we get down in the 20's, which is rare around here... to me perfect running weather is in the mid 40's. Not too cold to wear shorts, Don't quite need gloves, just right!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    That only comes into play for me when we get down in the 20's, which is rare around here... to me perfect running weather is in the mid 40's. Not too cold to wear shorts, Don't quite need gloves, just right!

Currently, I feel that way anytime it's below about 55. I'm sure that will get better with more exercise.

Dan1612

Master
    Make that 30
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432309982.547785.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432309982.547785.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432309982.547785.jpg
      6.5 KB · Views: 160

Seanpcola

Figured this thread needs a bump to keep us all on track.

Attachments

• 10665104_1179136768779168_6655327824445256137_n.jpg
      10665104_1179136768779168_6655327824445256137_n.jpg
      47.5 KB · Views: 99

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Wow just saw Dante's update, great job man, really incredible progress!

I'm still doing my thing. I've doubled my daily pushups to 2 sets of 50 each morning, added a pullup bar which I can only do about 15 of right now, and put in 80.66 miles last month. I keep saying I'm going to run 100 miles each month, but end up taking a couple of days off / shorter runs sometimes. Maybe this month...

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    thanks for the reminder, I have to add peanut butter little debbies on the groc list for today...

Top Bottom