• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ric-san

Master
    Dante...my wife does the same for a meal replacement but also adds protein or soy....

Dan1612

Master
    Dante...my wife does the same for a meal replacement but also adds protein or soy....
    I do have some whey that I'll add a scoop of sometimes, if it'll be longer until the next meal, but almost makes it too sweet. Funny how your pallet changes. I used to add a tablespoon of honey. Not anymore. Don't need it.

Seanpcola

Yep, you're palate changes and you can change it.

It's like the salt thing. My mom was an ICU charge nurse and one of her pet peeves was salt. She was an excellent cook but I never saw a salt shaker on the table. I never salt foods and if anything a lot of restaurant offerings is too salty for me. That's the only real complaint I ever have when I eat out.

Once I started drinking diet drinks like coke, the regular kind got too heavy and syrupy tasting. I don't care for candy bars and such. Honey I do love.

Clay

Master
    Yep, you're palate changes and you can change it.

It's like the salt thing. My mom was an ICU charge nurse and one of her pet peeves was salt. She was an excellent cook but I never saw a salt shaker on the table. I never salt foods and if anything a lot of restaurant offerings is too salty for me. That's the only real complaint I ever have when I eat out.

Once I started drinking diet drinks like coke, the regular kind got too heavy and syrupy tasting. I don't care for candy bars and such. Honey I do love.

Sean I've been tested 2x for diabetes BC my pallet was affected growing up. My dad stopped eating red meat in 80' and my mom stopped having sweets in the house, never knew mayo til 18, butter, etc... Now, when I eat a sweat, I get flushed and my mouth sours, my system can't take it.

Clay

Master
    My favorite 5 minute meal. Bon a petit.
    bfc832ae561983e9f016807cdf93891d.jpg

You ever mash that cauliflower and add a little fat free spread/sour cream, etc? It's like mashed taters! Looks good Dan!

Dan1612

Master
    You ever mash that cauliflower and add a little fat free spread/sour cream, etc? It's like mashed taters! Looks good Dan!

Never have tried that. Hmmm. It's actually my favorite thing on the plate. I was also going to do brown rice instead of the broccoli, but I decided to save it for lunch tomorrow. I did find this at Publix. Thanks for the suggestion, very much looking forward to breakfast.
    0b17820be500d34d3807fa6316b21b65.jpg

Seanpcola

Sean I've been tested 2x for diabetes BC my pallet was affected growing up. My dad stopped eating red meat in 80' and my mom stopped having sweets in the house, never knew mayo til 18, butter, etc... Now, when I eat a sweat, I get flushed and my mouth sours, my system can't take it.

I've always tested negative for diabetes, BP is great for my age and yep, like you I break out in a sweat and get funky feeling if I intake too much sugar. I love chocolate covered cherries but even one gets me sideways.

You know, I am fluffy and I don't really know why. It has to be the dairy, alcohol, bread and condiments. A lot of people through the years have mentioned that I don't eat big proportions for a guy, my wife still says it. I don't snack between meals, don't care much for junk like potato chips. I know I'm more physically active than the average guy my age, most dudes in their 50's spend a helluva lot more time than me in an easy chair. I guess it's genetics and the above mentioned bad stuff. I do know I saw results within a week of putting down the beer and carbonated beverages.

Dan1612

Master
    I promise I'll go easy on the meals after Lunch today. Just want to show the kind of stuff it takes, and just how good and easy this is. Breakfast: Turkey sausage and egg with a dab of light mayo and Tabasco on a whole wheat English muffin and a cup of coffee. Easily under 400 calories.
    fd77f68f4c3c0f8dc47e52f35a07c769.jpg

Dan1612

Master
    Ok. Last food pic for a while. Just because you're eating right, doesn't mean you have to give up something you love. I naturally love Mexican. This is my healthy version of a good Mexican style lunch.
    Lean ground beef, black beans, Mexican rice (brown), spinach, tomato, onions, jalapeños, cilantro and lime.
    It is larger than the usual meal, but it's also nutritionally dense, which is why I did it for lunch, that way, I have the rest of the day to allow my body to use it, and have a very light dinner tonight, since I won't be very hungry.
    So there, wanna lose weight? It's really not very difficult, just think about what you put in your body a little. Thanks for reading. Hope it helps.
    c1cd6d7a68e1c8af6541268b17001ea3.jpg

Clay

Master
    Ok. Last food pic for a while. Just because you're eating right, doesn't mean you have to give up something you love. I naturally love Mexican. This is my healthy version of a good Mexican style lunch.
    Lean ground beef, black beans, Mexican rice (brown), spinach, tomato, onions, jalapeños, cilantro and lime.
    It is larger than the usual meal, but it's also nutritionally dense, which is why I did it for lunch, that way, I have the rest of the day to allow my body to use it, and have a very light dinner tonight, since I won't be very hungry.
    So there, wanna lose weight? It's really not very difficult, just think about what you put in your body a little. Thanks for reading. Hope it helps.
    c1cd6d7a68e1c8af6541268b17001ea3.jpg

Respect! That's a lot of jalapeño for a little burrito, got some balls on ya Dan! Those foods keep well for a work week, I'm guessing you make a big batch or is everything fresh each day?

Dan1612

Master
    We make decent size batches of stuff and re-purpose them a couple of days later.
    Thanks, I do like my jalapeños. Honestly, the lime, cilantro and jalapeños are the best part to me.

MAXman

Master
    Just stuffed my 220lb ass through a 10x16 1/2 dog door on bet.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      455.5 KB · Views: 221

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Respect! That's a lot of jalapeño for a little burrito, got some balls on ya Dan! Those foods keep well for a work week, I'm guessing you make a big batch or is everything fresh each day?

yep, eating that much for me, it would go down alot better than it would come out, if ya know what i mean...

wiping your butt with a smooth icecube .....

before it closed, cordova mall had a shop selling nothing but hot sauce, salsas, picantes, other assorted spicy items..

wandered in there one day, and overheard him telling someone else, pointed to the sample area(where i was headed), and said that was one of hottest in the shop....so what do i do, dip a chip in it,(dip, not scoop, i ain't plumb dumb) and eat it....

holy flaming jet fuel batman!!!

i literally stood there, in the same spot for almost 15 minutes, yes minutes, not seconds....before i could move....felt like i was on fire, about to
    puke in every direction...at once...

tabasco sauce is nothing, but that shit was freaking nuclear...

he told me he had over 30 people puke in his shop...

showed me a bottle of pure capasiium extract, $900 for a little bottle less size than an orange., he loved to see marines come in, he would tease them, oh hell, get some more on that chip, that is what the navy boys eat.....

damn sadist....

the wife was with me that day....she was laughing her ass off...

damn sadist...

Dan1612

Master
    Caveman, we had a bottle of that stuff that we got as a gift. It stayed in the fridge a couple of years and we finally threw it out because it's absolutely inedible. It's fun the first time though. Lol.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Caveman, we had a bottle of that stuff that we got as a gift. It stayed in the fridge a couple of years and we finally threw it out because it's absolutely inedible. It's fun the first time though. Lol.

he used one drop to make a batch of hot chilli...

Viking1204

Master
    I weighed myself Saturday morning, keep in mind I'm 6'4" tall. I weighed 267.5 lbs. This morning I was 263 lbs, did this by reducing my carb intake over the weekend.

Top Bottom