• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Never understood people's obsession with grass. I guess it's a hobby of sorts. From that perspective, I can understand it, but I never picked up the desire, we didn't have grass in Mexico.

MAXman

Master
    I would blame it on eating but nothing has changed. If anything I've gone healthier and way less in the last year. Well obviously something has changed I just haven't figured out what.

Ya my birthday is in January and I'm in the same boat, everyone was talking about diets and no soda and blah blah, and I was like"all you can consume pizza and beer at my house Saturday".

Anyways, I'm married with a kid and a mortgage and two dogs so I'm not out to impress anyone. I just don't want to buy new clothes.

I need to add, snow bird, people all the time tell me they can't do in thier 60's what they did in thier 30s. A lot of that stuff I couldn't ever do.

Dan1612

Master
    Diets are bullshit, good habits, and making a habit of curbing the crap works. I'm married with 5 kids (3 steps, twins of my own) ALL girls. No one to impress, but it does feel good. I'll bet another 5 lbs and I'll be light and fast enough to give Heisenberg a proper spanking.

Seanpcola

Thirty! my god man you are ancient! What were things like on the stone age (and by that I mean the 80's) I hope you can tell me cause I can't remember. I turned 50 this year though my odometer tells me I am 80.

A lot of it is state of mind. Really, I may look older but I don't feel older.

I went into business with a friend back in 1991. My work entailed sitting at a desk 10 hours a day. Even though I didn't gain any weight my muscles went to crap. The type of knee injuries I have actually benefit from use and having strong leg muscles. When I was 39 years old I shut that business down and went to work doing what I do now. One of my first projects was driving a big rig to Illinois for a show, I got in that truck and drove about 6 hours straight before the first stop. I pulled into a rest area and literally collapsed about halfway from the rig to the rest room. My legs just quit. Remember, I was 39! When I got home I started doing every thing the hard way involving my legs. I'm literally a hundred times stronger through my legs now and I'm 19 years OLDER! Almost every day at work I will walk the runway twice, thats a total of a little over two miles and also that's in addition to being on my feet all day long. I don't even notice it. If you don't use it you'll lose it. I honestly feel that I came back from the brink of being a cripple. When I got sedentary for the whole month my wife was laying in the hospital two summers ago my legs got so out of shape that I could sit or stand wrong and my knees would literally fall out of joint. I'm back 100%.

MAXman

Master
    I've never been fast. But I've always been able to deal with large amounts of heavy bullshit ment to be worn; designed and approved by people who never have to wear it.
    That was a saving grace in the marine corps. Never was astounding at pull ups and only made it to average on runs, but I'd hump a 240g all day long and could live in a flak with all the dressings. I actually enjoyed field operations, if for no other reason than to outwork the gym rats, eat rocks and brush my teeth with a rifle cleaning brush.

Ah, to be young, green, and under appreciated....

Seanpcola

Diets are bullshit, good habits, and making a habit of curbing the crap works. I'm married with 5 kids (3 steps, twins of my own) ALL girls. No one to impress, but it does feel good. I'll bet another 5 lbs and I'll be light and fast enough to give Heisenberg a proper spanking.

More to it than looks too. Mental state. I used to laugh reading all the articles about depression, the high rate of diagnosis and all the medication that's advertised. I used to think a lot of people nowadays are pussies and rely on medicine to patch up the symptoms. Then, one day I realized my mental state fit all of the criteria. Long story but we had so many things happen bad and to add to it my weight gain and deteriorating muscles. Now, every thing I try seems to make me more and more happier and overall general feeling of wellbeing is 10 times what it was. Some of it was self inflicted negativity but I also firmly believe improved circulation, nutrients, weight loss, all of it was beating me down.

One thing as you get older is pain. You just start accumulating aches and you just live wit them and don't notice. My knees hurt 24/7, so did my back. Add to it my constant low-grade headaches from smoking. I mean, if you asked me if I hurt or had a headache I would have said no but I was truly denying it to myself. The cigs went and the headaches dissapeared, increased muscle work and my knees quit throbbing. I'm beginning to feel less backaches and believe as the weight comes off that will go too.

Your body really is a machine and all the parts need to work optimally. If you start letting things accumulate the domino effect kicks in and youre useless.

madeSICC88

Master
    Have any of you guys getting up there in age ever looked into Testosterone Replacement? Definitely something ill be looking into when I get older.

Good job on losing the weight. I keep my weight down for one very good reason....my wife wont bang a fatty.

Snow Bird

Master
    I think mine is still in good shape.

Seanpcola

I've read up on the testosterone issue but I'm a little concerned about suplements. Most articles paint a picture that it helps in some ways but may not outweigh side affects.

Without getting personal, I'll just say that so far no issues with the fairer sex nor has my interest declined.

Dan1612

Master
    Have any of you guys getting up there in age ever looked into Testosterone Replacement? Definitely something ill be looking into when I get older.

Good job on losing the weight. I keep my weight down for one very good reason....my wife wont bang a fatty.
    You're the one with the hot wife aren't you? Lol.
    Or was that somebody else? Ray remembers.

Snow Bird

Master
    Dan is the one that needs the Testo fix. Living with all those women!!!!!!

madeSICC88

Master
    Haha I like to think as my wife being hot, hotter then what I deserve probably but I don't think I've ever posted pictures or have ever introduced her to any members so you must be thinking of somebody else.

And testosterone plays a huge role in making your dick work and sex drive but it also is a big factor in men gaining weight easily and having no energy which will lead to a ton of negative stuff,

Snow Bird

Master
    Setting around and not doing anything has more to do with energy than any thing else. A person has to get up and do something weather you feel like it or not. Keeps the weight down and the heart attacks away.

Last edited:

Seanpcola

And testosterone plays a huge role in making your dick work and sex drive but it also is a big factor in men gaining weight easily and having no energy which will lead to a ton of negative stuff,

I am sure that's true. What I'm advocating is that if you get the other parameters in line (weight, muscles, BP) then that goes at least a long way towards offsetting any testosterone loss.

Look at modern society. Frankly, we are a bunch of fatasses in this country. Go to Walmart. Hell, go anywhere. You see the statistics for diabetes and the talking heads make it sound like it's a flu epidemic. Bullshit. We're all fat and lazy. Nobody has to struggle to eat no matter what you're income. They say diabetes is up 600% in twenty years. I don't remember many fat girls in high school. A lot of girls that age now are chunks. Its what we are eating and the availability.

My wife comes from a family of big people. When she was 49 she had a body of a dancer or swimmer. She was constantly active and she just fed her body, she didn't get satisfaction from food. Point is she didn't consume much and she also didn't set on her ass in front of a TV. A lot of young people barely move today. Older ones certainly dont.

Best book I ever read on dieting was by a doctor that pointed out that the human body exists mostly to survive. If you got up and all day only ate a teaspoon of berries every hour your body would break it down use it and have nothing to store. Throw in a killed mammal once a week and your body is at 1 to 1 intake and output.Everything else is literally fluff.

Clay

Master

Dan1612

Master
    Temporary starvation leads to binge for me. I used to do that on a daily basis. No good.

Seanpcola

It takes some will power to get there. I'm trying to do it in steps. Our new age bodies are used to always having a reserve of food in your stonach. Now, if I don't eat my stomach over produces stomach acid. Taper the intake down and the acid goes down with it. Slow process but gotta be done. You have to change the triggers in your body. I'm trying to do that, doesn't mean I'll succeed.

Top Bottom