• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dirtysouth

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I dig the 1911, but won't pay the coin. I have a taurus I got here and it does all I expect of it. I do understand the big money one's, just not my choice.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    The Taurus is a good range gun. There's a 1911 out there for everything you could ever hope to do with a gun. A 1911 is one thing where, like socks and toilet paper, you get what you pay for. And as long as you keep your expectations in line with your budget, anyone should be able to find a good one.

My very biased opinion is that when made properly, it is the greatest combat handgun ever made. I'll get off the box for now. Lol...

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    The Springfield Range Officer or Loaded is a great starting point.
    I also like Kimbers, but their finish is fragile.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I see Kimbers that are gorgeous. My problem, being uninformed, is that looks dazzle me and I wouldn't know quality (within reason) if it bit me in the backside. The Kimber ads always show like brushed SS with wood grips and that looks awesome. that's why I won't be buying one without at least one knowledgeable guy inspecting it.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There was a thread on here awhile back about what do you have by your bed when things go bump in the night. I beleave as far as handguns went the 1911 won hands down. Maybe I am wrong about . But for all the Glock lovers on here you would think thats all there there would be. I'm old and a 1911 owner.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    At this point in my level of practice I would trust myself the most with my XD9sc because it's familiar, I'm a lot more accurate with it than anything else and it's high capacity. I'd rather shoot a .45 for HD.

Hossfly72

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought an American Classic officer's model 1911 when my full size Witness was stolen. Loved it, never had a problem out of it, but when I got the Witness back the 1911 went to my step daughter's dad (long story, but he's a good guy) cause he's always on the road and had experience with it from his Army days. I'll always love the 1911 platform and will have one again someday, but I'm a Witness whore. It feels like 1911, but carries more ammo and it's single/double action.
    And I can't talk about the CZ's trigger but the Witness' trigger is smooooooth like butta! Points the same, aims the same, hits the same as (or better than) the 1911. Just bought a 9mm SAR, which is another clone of the CZ like the Witness. Haven't fired it yet but it feels SWEEEET in the hand.

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My bed side gun is a railed 1911 but I do not have to carry it or extra ammo around. My bedside gun is usually my most babied gun. It sets in a quick access safe tell I need it or bring it to the range. My working guns all seem to be polymer.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sean, a stainless Kimber would be a good choice from my experience with Kimbers.

The Witness thing is a CZ-75 clone then?

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Now no jokeing. Johns gun is the real deal. Nice trigger,sites and is a sweet shooter. You wouldn't have to do a trigger job and we played around and both of our guns will feed an empty case. On another note I read somewhere that mags have been shot by the gov that had been loaded for 20 years.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    ^ STI makes a good gun. I've never but they're in The Motherland, so they get points for that alone.

I got cash together for a Delta Elite, but just can't bring myself to pull the trigger on the GunBroker guns. Colts can be hit or miss in my experience.

I once found a 1917 Colt that had been in condition one for a LONG LONG LONG time. I saved the rounds since they were from the 50's and sold them with the gun and holster. The chambered round and the one on top of the mag had a neat patina. Anyway, the gun and mag worked great. It even fed Winchester hollow points.

Hossfly72

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Witness,SAR, Canick, Tri-Star, Tanfoglia, etc... All clones of the CZ, some (most) claim to be improved but I can't figure out just how they improved it. They all get awesome reviews though.
    I think Israel also has a CZ clone... Baby Eagle?
    Still saving up and waiting to find my dream gun for carry.... CZ-2075 Rami (all steel)

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well thanks for everybody opinion I have 2 1911 with one on the way. I'm going to customize them to my liking and one I'm make my everyday carry cause I shoot like a pro with it.

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I've shot a norinco on occasion since early 90's and its ok, trigger is lacking but no failures and no its not for sale. I recently bought a Shooters Arms brand for 349 shipped "millitary style". Slide fit is tight, smooth action, and trigger was surprisingly light and smooth as well. Couldn't be happier. They are running the sale again for a few more hours. Worth every penny and I might just pickup a secound one.

http://centerfiresystems.com/search.aspx?find=Shooters+Arms+.45+ACP

Top Bottom