• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Now I need to read up on how to reset the turrets to 0. Don't care for the open turrets on a hunting gun. Too easy to bump.
    Big thanks to @RackinRay for the scope. Got it from him a few years back. Been a good scope,( 3rd weapon it's been on) it's a real shame Nikon quit the scope business. Looking for a Nikon coyote special if anyone has one collecting dust in a box.

** also the tall mounts work great. No cantilever mount needed.
    20230719_174134_001.jpg

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Got the holosun ACSS mounted. WOW. you guys have to check one of these out. Works great with my crap eyes.

If you like pistol dots but had issues finding the retical, look no more. The outer ring is not visible when you extend your arm only the chevron ( which I love, btw) the circle is ONLY visible if you are off center. If you see the left side of the circle move the barrel left to center. ( pic 4) Right, up. Down etc. After about 3 mins of playing with it you have it down its that easy.

I know you hardcore shooters are going to poo-poo this. It's easy to pick up a retical with proper aiming practice/ stance, but what if you are at a bad angle? odd cover? Injured? One handed? Weak side? On the ground? When some a$$hole is trying to shoot you? That's where this thing shines.
    Put this on my outdoor screw around HD gun PSA Dagger full size. (17 pews) been carrying in a chest holster daily. ( life on the frontier where the law might be 30 mins away) Bride carries too, daily or has it within arms reach.

BDC built in.... - top of chevron, 25 yards, just under tip 50 yards. Bottom of chevron 100 yards... ( zero @ 25 yards with 115gr)
    Shooting to zero tomm.

** would also be good on a carbine.

20230721_233248.jpg
    20230721_233955.jpg
    20230721_234006.jpg
    20230721_234018_001.jpg

Last edited:

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Got the holosun ACSS mounted. WOW. you guys have to check one of these out. Works great with my crap eyes.

If you like pistol dots but had issues finding the retical, look no more. The outer ring is not visible when you extend your arm only the chevron ( which I love, btw) the circle is ONLY visible if you are off center. If you see the left side of the circle move the barrel left to center. ( pic 4) Right, up. Down etc. After about 3 mins of playing with it you have it down its that easy.

I know you hardcore shooters are going to poo-poo this. It's easy to pick up a retical with proper aiming practice/ stance, but what if you are at a bad angle? odd cover? Injured? One handed? Weak side? On the ground? When some a$$hole is trying to shoot you? That's where this thing shines.
    Put this on my outdoor screw around HD gun PSA Dagger full size. (17 pews) been carrying in a chest holster daily. ( life on the frontier where the law might be 30 mins away) Bride carries too, daily or has it within arms reach.

BDC built in.... - top of chevron, 25 yards, just under tip 50 yards. Bottom of chevron 100 yards... ( zero @ 25 yards with 115gr)
    Shooting to zero tomm.

View attachment 233729 View attachment 233730 View attachment 233731 View attachment 233732
    That's not a bad sales pitch. Where did you pick one up?

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Busted out the old G45 for carry today... immediately remembered why I love my G48 so much!!!

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Got a regular 16 in upper from PSA with the green handguards. Really come to appreciate the heat shielding on these. Most of my barrels heat up pretty fast, with the exception of the FN barrel I got from @stage20, and my CORE15. Getting ready to clean the new upper and so breaking out rifles for Jack and the kids. They love to disassemble/reassemble and learn.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Got a regular 16 in upper from PSA with the green handguards. Really come to appreciate the heat shielding on these. Most of my barrels heat up pretty fast, with the exception of the FN barrel I got from @stage20, and my CORE15. Getting ready to clean the new upper and so breaking out rifles for Jack and the kids. They love to disassemble/reassemble and learn.
    Atta boy... put them kids to work! Mine hato to clean but love shooting.

Gitsum

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here's an idea from a forum. The "what gun stuff did you do today" thread. We could make it a sticky if it' gets popular (enough). It's just a place to to go and yap about Anything or Everything. This may have been a better idea when there was NO ammo to be had.....but......

I went to my local store on base to see if they had anything new and wound up getting the OTIS "B.O.N.E." tool. I'm a gadgety kind of dude and the BONE tool looks useful enough. Figured for $21 I'd give it a try. So, now I need to take my AR out and dirty it up.
    As much as I would like to share that info with you I refrain from sharing my 2nd amendment info with the internet, the govt and the world and immortalizing that information forever........just sayin.

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As much as I would like to share that info with you I refrain from sharing my 2nd amendment info with the internet, the govt and the world and immortalizing that information forever........just sayin.
    They care about us!

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

Shooting to zero tomm.

View attachment 233729 View attachment 233730 View attachment 233731 View attachment 233732
    Hopefully get to 0 this today. Dang house building keeps eating up the day.

Top Bottom