• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Picked up some snake shot and steel targets for my new range I'm putting up.
    Anybody tried this snake shot, wonder if it cycles the action? G26.
    View attachment 231440
    I bought 9mm shot shells last year and I still haven't been able to talk myself into trusting a semi-auto with them yet, lmao. I loaded up some clips (yes, clips) and took 45 ACP shot shells and 38 Special shot shells out on the river all afternoon today and I did not see a single snake... not a single round fired... times, they are changing :( but I did see 8 turtles. I wonder if turtles can eat moccasins faster than moccasins can reproduce? Eight turtles in 4 hours might be a personal record for that section of the river, and three of them were super rare pancake turtles. One was a snapping turtle big enough to feed the whole extended family! That is very encouraging. No, I am not saying what river ;)

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I bought 9mm shot shells last year and I still haven't been able to talk myself into trusting a semi-auto with them yet, lmao. I loaded up some clips (yes, clips) and took 45 ACP shot shells and 38 Special shot shells out on the river all afternoon today and I did not see a single snake... not a single round fired... times, they are changing :( but I did see 8 turtles. I wonder if turtles can eat moccasins faster than moccasins can reproduce? Eight turtles in 4 hours might be a personal record for that section of the river, and three of them were super rare pancake turtles. One was a snapping turtle big enough to feed the whole extended family! That is very encouraging. No, I am not saying what river ;)
    I have the 14lb spring for it. I just hate to spend $2 a shot to test...

timc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Picked up some snake shot and steel targets for my new range I'm putting up.
    Anybody tried this snake shot, wonder if it cycles the action? G26.
    View attachment 231440
    Not sure if you are looking for any more steel targets, but I’ve bought a few from Shooting Targets 7. They’ve had great prices, much cheaper than Walmart, Academy etc.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    How far will those radios transmit?
    I have been thinking of getting some
    I highly recommend the Motorola Talkabout brand because they're rated for only a couple miles but we were bouncing them down the canyons from the base interior to the beach like over 5 miles. I have several makes and models but this Midland Base Camp model is one of my favorites just for the sole fact that I can charge it by hand. It's got all the different frequencies and emergency flashlight, this and that and choices between a radio microphone or a speaker... etc, etc, etc... but ultimately, it's got a hand crank :)

Screenshot_20230713-095645.png
    Screenshot_20230713-095726.png

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I did some planning today, I need to narrow down my collection as I’m tired of cleaning them. I believe I could get by with 10 rifles , 5 shotguns and 3 pistols and have everything I might want to do covered pretty well. :)

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I did some planning today, I need to narrow down my collection as I’m tired of cleaning them. I believe I could get by with 10 rifles , 5 shotguns and 3 pistols and have everything I might want to do covered pretty well. :)
    I keep trying to do that, unsuccessfully. I ordered a sling and case for the Howa 308 I'm giving my son for his birthday this month, that will be one. I took my new Howa 308 all apart in preparation for bedding the B&C stock. The new 6.5cm is done and ready to be sighted in!

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Tried the pacmyar sleeve. It has a set screw to adjust snugness. Seems to fit better on the G26 than the p80. Still only 3 extra pews over the magpul.

Added an optic to my full size Dagger.( 19 slide,17 grip) Using this for around the house. General outdoor use, hd. Nice to have 17 pews strapped to my chest. :) Wore it all day working, no issues. Comp does a good job too.
    20230713_141257.jpg
    20230713_210657.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom