• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Picked up a 581 Remington today, talked to the guy last week and made a deal to pick it up this Sunday . He called this morning and said he got home early , did I want it today ? Being as patient as rebel rider I told him I was on my way. Now the bad news, it was an early model with a walnut stock in like new condition . Way to nice to cut down for my grand kids first rifle . This one will definitely not be getting cut up. So the search for a decent birch stock one continues. :)

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    looked all over my buddy's shop for the bushings for his Remington truing tools. I finally found them on the other side of the lathe on the new tool he picked and forgot he had that just faces the recoil lugs in the action. He said he was glad to see me because he knew I would find them. The I watched him true the action the other guy that was standing there brought.

The we fired the lathe off and did this to the .308 Tactical I just picked up

IMG_1673.jpg

I re-blued it when I got home while I was waiting for the dog to run the yard at feeding time

We shot his new to him almost un-fired Remington .308 5R factory rifle...we sent about 20 rounds after we sighted it in. We took it apart and put a TT Diamond in it before we shot it. You have to reach down the edge of the bolt with an Allan Wrench to push down the bolt lock to get the bolt out since that one doesn't have a bolt release.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I've been on a tear, I've been buying parts and accessories for the last year or so. I pulled everything out of my safe, carried in several boxes of stuff and have been swapping scopes/mounts around, installing new ones, filling in the missing flip up covers, I'm liking the Butler Creek element ones! There's guns laying all over my bedroom. About all I have left is to do is bed 1 Howa in it's new to me B&C stock & what I want to do to my 3 large frame ARs, gonna pull all the barrels and lap the receiver extensions. Waiting on a few parts ordered from B. Kings. I'll get my new safe installed while I'm off for the 4th, and they'll all have a new home! My son is gonna bring the kids to do some shooting, I'll try and get about 15 scopes/red dots sighted in, I'm embarrassed to admit I don't have 1 gun sighted in right now .
    I'm waiting on the final flip up eye cover, and I'll be passing a Howa 308 down to my son for his birthday, a rough estimate, I've put about $1200 in it plus my labor to bed the action & Atlasworx DBM.
    Just a note, in case anyone was wondering; Magpul AICS mags fit extremely tight in the Atlasworx, I'm gonna have to give up a MDT, they fit fine in the PT&G.

ClayBelt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Put a clamp on K31 diopter front sight on my Gew 88 6.5x57 project. Looked at reprofiling a Mauser Lyman sight to fit the receiver sidewall flush in front of the bolt handle, but it may be too extreme a curvature. Going to bother one of the inlaws to see if he's got a spare sight that fits better in the near future

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I made a trip over to Gulf Coast Guns this afternoon and ordered and paid for a new SIG SAUER P220 LEGION 10mm SAO. Next thing to do is save a few bucks more so I can buy a SIG SAUER ROMEO 2 to put on it. This is the optic that SIG recommends for their 10mm pistols. I already have one on my P320 XTEN.

bakron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I took my 640 Pro to the indoor range today and ran 25 rounds of Hornady 38SPL+P through it and it shoots great, the trigger is excellent for a DA revolver and looks like it’s back to the 640 for my daily carry, first time carrying a revolver in over 25 years.

Should have done it a long time ago, dam this thing shoots great. I thought I wouldn’t like the CT laser grips, but they actually felt great I found myself liking the laser in quick target acquisition. This was a 7 yards defensive shooting.

IMG_1238.jpeg

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Started cleaning and oiling my collection, and came to the conclusion that I have more than I want to keep clean. Hopefully one of the grandkids will be a little OCD and start helping in the near future. They sure like shooting so maybe I’ll get a little help at some point.

ClayBelt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Necked down some 8mm brass for 6.5x57 and roughed out the outline of what I want this Gew 88 stock to look like on my blank. Think it may actually be some decently figured maple and not Turkish walnut as advertised, looks too light

ClayBelt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Grafted a Carcano carbine bolt handle from a bubba job onto my 6.5 Swede Type 38, kinda glad my buddy decided he wanted the Micro3x I had laying around more after he'd paid me. Looking like decent odds thisll be the one going into the woods with me this fall

Attachments

• IMG_20230629_172853420.jpg
      IMG_20230629_172853420.jpg
      199.2 KB · Views: 36

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom