• ...and so much more!
  • Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Question for y'all. I got this sweet holster with a gun. I really like the gun and the holster, but don't care for the light it came with. Should I try and find that same holster without the light and sell this one, or just take a cutter and heat gun this holster and get rid of some of the material making this thing a bit longer?
    Screenshot 2023-06-10 at 11.04.04 AM.png
    `

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Before you cut or bend the holster. Take the light off the gun and see if the gun still locks in without the light attached. I believe it will cause of the als system. Then try the holster and see how much if any the extra material bothers you. That way you have it if you need to reattach the light

What gun/light combo does it fit? I might be interested in it

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Before you cut or bend the holster. Take the light off the gun and see if the gun still locks in without the light attached. I believe it will cause of the als system. Then try the holster and see how much if any the extra material bothers you. That way you have it if you need to reattach the light

What gun/light combo does it fit? I might be interested in it
    It still locks. Its for a Glock 21 SF with Streamlight TLR -1 HL

I really like the holster and the only way Id get rid of is is most likely trade if for the non light option.
    If I'm going to put a massive light on my gun it's going to be a x300 since that's what I have redundancies of. :)

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    It still locks. Its for a Glock 21 SF with Streamlight TLR -1 HL

I really like the holster and the only way Id get rid of is is most likely trade if for the non light option.
    If I'm going to put a massive light on my gun it's going to be a x300 since that's what I have redundancies of. :)
    Might be helpful. Is that holster made in Mexico too? Just picked up an als for g19 w/ light.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Late to the show, but ordered another grip for my S&W 69 from Altamont. I was warned by "revolver guys" about the grip collection I would acquire, and they were right...

Received clearance from CINC House to acquire, one each, Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter, in .44 Mag. Aaaand, One's up. One's in; target in sight...

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I had a really good time at the FWB gun show! I caught up with some old friends, sold some, bought some, and then went out to eat at a local Korean place with a few of the vendors afterwards. Good times all around!

By the way, I found unopened cases of MRE's still within their inspection dates for only $35 a case :) at a vendor in the far northwest corner of the building. At closing time, while loading up my truck bed at the back door with the cases I had bought, I saw the vendor still had a couple cases available, if anybody wants some today

Last edited:

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I had a really good time at the FWB gun show! I caught up with some old friends, sold some, bought some, and then went out to eat at a local Korean place with a few of the vendors afterwards. Good times all around!

By the way, I found unopened cases of MRE's still within their inspection dates for only $35 a case :) at a vendor in the far northwest corner of the building. At closing time, while loading up my truck bed at the back door with the cases I had bought, I saw the vendor still had a couple cases available, if anybody wants some today
    I went though my med bag in my backpack. Had to replace some items as I found some stuff that EXPIRED almost a decade ago. :)
    Screenshot 2023-06-11 at 12.45.03 PM.png

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I went though my med bag in my backpack. Had to replace some items as I found some stuff that EXPIRED almost a decade ago. :)
    View attachment 228237

Look up Refuge Medical for long term storage of medical supplies, so don't have to worry so much about expired stuff. They have a new product called "the wound care bucket" that is made for long term storage. These pro-2A warriors do all American made stuff too.

It may be more expensive that way, but it is "for us by us" and it keeps our money here in the US while helping to fund like-minded individuals and the owners pet charities, like his own first aid training company and his own Kaleb House, where he provides housing and care for rape victims

Screenshot_20230612-013109.png
    Screenshot_20230612-013118.png
    Screenshot_20230612-013127.png
    Screenshot_20230612-013201.png

Last edited:

gfb46

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yesterday I went ahead and bought another silencer from Hi-Caliber in Long Beach, MS. I gave up worrying about Uncle Sam having my fingerprints/personal info years ago, I had a Top Secret while in the Marine Corps back in 69-71, they pretty much know me by now. I purchased a SilencerCo Octane 9 to go on my PSA Dagger that has a reflex sight and Apex trigger. I can't wait to try it out.

Attachments

• PXL_20230614_181144571.jpg
      PXL_20230614_181144571.jpg
      335.2 KB · Views: 25

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Yesterday I went ahead and bought another silencer from Hi-Caliber in Long Beach, MS. I gave up worrying about Uncle Sam having my fingerprints/personal info years ago, I had a Top Secret while in the Marine Corps back in 69-71, they pretty much know me by now. I purchased a SilencerCo Octane 9 to go on my PSA Dagger that has a reflex sight and Apex trigger. I can't wait to try it out.
    Cans gonna be 3x the price of the gun, lol. Not ragging on the dagger just sayin. Someday I'm gonna get a switchback .22 and put it on a KT P17, lol.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I'm going to have to look up the Hi-Caliber place next time I'm in the area. I normally hit Cook's in Biloxi and that has become uneventful. The Tamale Shack is always an event.

Today I will be re-loading the new heat pump in the shop...gotta keep my powder dry. Don't buy a Mr. Cool unit, they seem nothing but trouble and parts are not available.

bakron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Finally found a nice S&W 640 Pro Series 357 magnum I have been looking for. I owned a S&W Lew Horton 357 Pocket Rocket way back when and started to want to carry a revolver again, so I found a local guy who had a nice 640 Pro for sale on bought it.

Unfortunately the original Lew Horton pocket rocket prices are insane, so the 640 Pro was the closest model to it, doesn’t have the ported barrel, but I can live without it.

I was lucky enough that the Pro Series also had a trigger and action job done on it which was a plus. Traded one of my P365’s for it and very happy with the trade. I already had a Desantis pocket holster for it, so I am go to go.

IMG_5202.jpeg

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Finally found a nice S&W 640 Pro Series 357 magnum I have been looking for. I owned a S&W Lew Horton 357 Pocket Rocket way back when and started to want to carry a revolver again, so I found a local guy who had a nice 640 Pro for sale on bought it.

Unfortunately the original Lew Horton pocket rocket prices are insane, so the 640 Pro was the closest model to it, doesn’t have the ported barrel, but I can live without it.

I was lucky enough that the Pro Series also had a trigger and action job done on it which was a plus. Traded one of my P365’s for it and very happy with the trade. I already had a Desantis pocket holster for it, so I am go to go.

View attachment 229805
    nice... one thing i can say, never had a dream/nightmare about a revolver jamming,,,

i have just about done the same thing, gone back to a revolver

Top Bottom