• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Did an informal test of the primer "hard NATO cup" "seconds" today. Loaded up 24 38 special rounds with swaged lead wadcutters and Berry's plated HBWC. Firing offhand at 15yd, both hit same point of aim as when using CCI 500 primers and with the same accuracy. No failures to fire; primer hits plenty deep. This time I used a 4x year old S&W Model 15. Pleased with the results and glad I ordered 10,000 more this week. Now to load lots of 38's with them.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I found these 2 308 Arrow rounds in some brass we sorted. What's your best guess on what happened to that 300 Win Mag case next to them?

IMG_2236.jpg

We used our sun dryer to dry brass after we cleaned it up

IMG_2232.jpg

One bucket sized and cleaned a little. Might just scrub the pockets and load it...may run it through the SS pins.

IMG_2237.jpg

Second bucket was sized the first half is on the floor with a fan blowing on it (rain showers came) and the second half is in the washing machine cleaning up

IMG_2234.jpg

I ran across 2 cases of these in my buddy's shop...stole these 5 fair and square.

IMG_2235.jpg

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    I found these 2 308 Arrow rounds in some brass we sorted. What's your best guess on what happened to that 300 Win Mag case next to them?

View attachment 292494

We used our sun dryer to dry brass after we cleaned it up

View attachment 292498

One bucket sized and cleaned a little. Might just scrub the pockets and load it...may run it through the SS pins.

View attachment 292499

Second bucket was sized the first half is on the floor with a fan blowing on it (rain showers came) and the second half is in the washing machine cleaning up

View attachment 292504

I ran across 2 cases of these in my buddy's shop...stole these 5 fair and square.

View attachment 292505

Those red tipped rounds look like x39 to me?? (Sst bullet?)

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Picked up the second bucket after drying this morning,
    IMG_2240.jpg

IMG_2241.jpg

QC about 4K .223 rounds and packed them in 500ct bulk packages.
    Held the rifle while my buddy took off the brakes and screwed on the suppressor mounts in their place. It only took the guy 2 weeks to get them out of jail.

now I'm about to pull the trigger on the Gravely and mow da grass in the pasture.

Picked up the Pietta 44cal black powder package from Scrappyfisci this morning.Picked up a PSA AR and single shot 12 in a package deal.I'll be running 22lr out of the 556 upper, the single shot came with a 410/45lc adapter.I'll be ordering more calibers later

Attachments

• IMG_20240630_161145106.jpg
      IMG_20240630_161145106.jpg
      4.1 MB · Views: 13

M60Gunner

Master
    Mine took 5.56 AK mags.I think AR mags probably would've spoiled me
    Cleaning guns from yesterday now. Can’t wait til my son can do it alone lol.

Definitely spoiled. No new caliber to stock, overbuilt, chrome lined, accurate for me to 200 meters with a simple red dot, ultra reliable, compact. If only it didn’t sound like a ma deuce, but can’t have it all. Besides, I used to love taking it to the range as everyone would come over to see what was making the howitzer noises.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    I picked up a new Springfield Armory 1911 (4.25") .45 ACP a couple of days ago...nothing terribly special except that I like SA, hadn't bought anything in a while, & the low price caught my eye. First order of business was to replace the thin grip panels (bushings & screws, too) with standard thickness grips. Trigger pull was heavy out of the box so I detail stripped it, polished things up a bit & stoned the trigger slot (much better now). While reassembling it I remembered that I had a new Stan Chen magwell in my cabinet, so I figured why not ? I took it to the indoor ( :( ) range this afternoon and fired 100 flawless mixed rounds of 230gr ball & 200gr plated SWC ammo. Pistol is surprisingly accurate and hit where I aimed it.
    Garrison Commander 45.jpg

Daezee

Master
    I’ve had such good results with small pistol primer “seconds” that I asked American Reloading to notify me if/when they get in large rifle primer “seconds”. Not 5 minutes later I got an email they have some (35,000). Suppose to have hard NATO cups. Since I already use CCI 34’s, especially in the M14, I ordered 5,000. Will see, but I suspect no problems in rifles with heavy hammers like M1, M14, and rolling blocks. Will test in other rifles too.

For the so inclined, they have small rifle primer seconds. For these they say less than 1% will have not enough priming compound resulting in a failure to fire, use for training/practice. 1,130,000 in stock.

Got a call from my dealer. In May I asked her if she’d try and get a Lipsey Ruger stainless, 4 5/8”, 357 mag Blackhawk, convertable, flattop. Her distributor told her it’s being shipped this week.

wecanslide

Expert
    Hung some mini 8 inch gongs on the short range. 7.62 kept knocking them off the T post so I just stuck to some speed drills with the AR.

Attachments

• IMG_5179.jpeg
      IMG_5179.jpeg
      2.1 MB · Views: 26
    • IMG_5182.jpeg
      IMG_5182.jpeg
      4.5 MB · Views: 28
    • IMG_5181.jpeg
      IMG_5181.jpeg
      3.5 MB · Views: 26
    Top Bottom