• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Ruger takedown systems are pretty robust and repeatable. I have both the PC Charger and the PC Carbine. Adjusted to just snug, I've never noticed any changes in zero fwiw.

wm
    It's too bad they can't build one like that for AR barrels. My TNW AERO 10mm is like that. Only trouble is the hammering 10mm knocks it loose over time.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I took 2nd place looser in the .22 match this morning.
    I dropped a possible 80 points in targets that I didn't shoot...one match stick and only put one shot on one of the hostage targets...I think that is when the fella came up right behind me and announced that there was only 30 minutes left...never seen them do that before...negated one of the shots by nicking the hostage too.

IMG_2214.jpg

IMG_2215.jpg

winds was a small factor in the second heat shooting. It was dead calm in the first....always next time

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    I dropped a possible 80 points in targets that I didn't shoot...one match stick and only put one shot on one of the hostage targets...I think that is when the fella came up right behind me and announced that there was only 30 minutes left...never seen them do that before...negated one of the shots by nicking the hostage too.

View attachment 291577
    View attachment 291578

winds was a small factor in the second heat shooting. It was dead calm in the first....always next time
    Still looks like fun. Also down south it's more about socializing than shooting. Hell, your a crackshot compared to my or most people's shooting. I would imagine that hunting critters your bag would always be full.
    I get alot of enjoyment/pride from popping a crow or coon @ +150 yards with the 223. Do I get em everytime, no. But iam using my firearms for their intended purposes, not collectables, collecting dust and that makes me happy too. YMMV.

**They know when I'm not home...lol
    Spypoint_20240622_024308.jpg

TK5o

Master

View attachment 291577
    View attachment 291578

What distance do you shoot these at?

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    ran QC on about 500 .223s real quick... then we started putting back together the MEC 900G 20ga my buddy picked up somewhere. The took it apart to ship. A few things got out of wack but we got it straighten out and ran a little over a box threw it. Glad he had some old straight wall hulls. They shipped him tapered hulls and straight wads/power pistons.

Daezee

Master
    Got a msg that American Reloading got in more small pistol primer seconds...hard primer cups. In the 15 minutes it took to text a friend about them and send in my order, they sold 21 boxes of 5000 primers. As this is written, they have 47 boxes left. My test in S&W revolver showed perfect function with deep hits. Have not tested in a pistol. $250 shipped per 5000 primers.

Now down to 43 boxes.

Last edited:

Daezee

Master
    Curious about who made the small pistol seconds primers, I once again went over all the packaging. How could a company such as CCI, WIN, REM, or FED mess up and use too thick of a cup, after all, they’ve been making primers for decades.

On the back of the plastic tray that holds the primers separate from each other, in tiny print was “White River Energetics Inc“ embossed in the plastic. That’s the new primer company announced a couple of years ago. With my eyes I had to use a magnifying glass to read all the letters. In the effort to hide the origin, the back of the plastic tray was overlooked. While not absolute proof of their origin, I’m pretty convinced.

On, the primers were again sold out after I posted yesterday.

Put some Russian bits on a recently acquired WASR (from here). Wood and Zenitco B10U Classic. Previously had the whole Magpul catalog on it. The B10U Classic is likely the most widely copied AK furniture. Beware of people selling fakes. @USMC0211

View attachment 292329

Put some Russian bits on a recently acquired WASR (from here). Wood and Zenitco B10U Classic. Previously had the whole Magpul catalog on it. The B10U Classic is likely the most widely copied AK furniture. Beware of people selling fakes. @USMC0211

View attachment 292329
    Every time I see one of your AK's it makes want to go back to the platform.I'll definitely be avoiding that guy you mentioned before.My patience for ignorance is at an all time low.I

attempted to Delete my entire account after dealing with a few people that probably should be playing video games or trading Pokemon cards

wecanslide

Expert
    The community will welcome you back. However, I got into AKs because I was poor back then. Shit is expensive now. WASRs for $800 is nuts but still the best deal for a gun that will last forever.
    Every time I see one of your AK's it makes want to go back to the platform.I'll definitely be avoiding that guy you mentioned before.My patience for ignorance is at an all time low.I

attempted to Delete my entire account after dealing with a few people that probably should be playing video games or trading Pokemon cards

M60Gunner

Master
    Swapping out lowers and uppers and preparing some pistols and ammo as well for a little shooting at my buddies property up in AL tomorrow.

Not an AK guy but most feel cheap in my hands compared to the Serbian zpap I splurged on years ago for 499. Saw them on sale yesterday for 1299.

Swapping out lowers and uppers and preparing some pistols and ammo as well for a little shooting at my buddies property up in AL tomorrow.

Not an AK guy but most feel cheap in my hands compared to the Serbian zpap I splurged on years ago for 499. Saw them on sale yesterday for 1299.
    The Ak pistol with the folding triangle brace was a Zpap chambered in 5.56.It didn't feel right running an AK in 5.56.

Picked up a AR built on a Plum crazy polymer receiver decided to just run the 22mag upper on it,so now I'm in the market for another lower to put the other upper back in use

Attachments

• Resized_20240622_174653_1719499673629.jpeg
      Resized_20240622_174653_1719499673629.jpeg
      223.1 KB · Views: 12
    • Resized_20240622_174647_1719499673310.jpeg
      Resized_20240622_174647_1719499673310.jpeg
      485.7 KB · Views: 9
    Top Bottom