• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snake-Eyes

Master

Daezee

Master
    Friend called. He’d gotten his MP40 SMG back from having been worked on and wanted to test fire it and about 5 types of 9mm. Come on over…got a pile of logs we can shoot into. Had so much fun, I forgot to take pics, but here’s what we were shooting into. It even fed flat nose bullets. Mainly shots went under and into the bottom log, but it was neat seeing wood chunks flying. Log pile is higher than shown.

IMG_0321.jpeg

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    And you post it all, and then counter that action with the ASSertion that you are not gonna talk about it.

:p
    I posted the clean target so you didn't have to see how I hacked it all up.
    Dang fine laugh...I didn't want to see y'all spit your drink or bust a gut laughing :cool:

IMG_2377.jpg

IMG_2378.jpg

IMG_2379.jpg

I didn't even shoot at 3 of them

Last edited:

Snake-Eyes

Master

B52

Master
    Friend called. He’d gotten his MP40 SMG back from having been worked on and wanted to test fire it and about 5 types of 9mm. Come on over…got a pile of logs we can shoot into. Had so much fun, I forgot to take pics, but here’s what we were shooting into. It even fed flat nose bullets. Mainly shots went under and into the bottom log, but it was neat seeing wood chunks flying. Log pile is higher than shown.

View attachment 504576
    You beat me to it. I'm not as good a shot as DAEZEE but really enjoyed shooting.

IMG_1804.jpeg

Recondo 101

Expert
    Got the final coat, I hope, on of the sanded in oil finish on the Special grade English walnut stock for the M-96 1943 Husky action to a 358 Win conversion. Did this early while the shop was still cool. Hope the humidity does not mess up the finish. Pictures are cel phone so excuse the light or focus . This is not anything but a hunting grade 358 rifle.
    If the finish is good, I will still need to scrape down the metal to wood fit areas to set the metal back in the finished wood. I use a broken hack saw blade, ground to a tapered point as a scraper for this job.
    IMG_0776.jpeg
    IMG_0774.jpeg
    IMG_0780.jpeg
    IMG_0779.jpeg
    IMG_0778.jpeg

Last edited:

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I will still need to scrape down the metal to wood fit areas to set the metal back in the finished wood. I use a broken hack saw blade, ground to a tapered point as a scraper for this job.
    I was in Harbor Freight the other day and started to pick up a set of small wood chisels that looked like they would be great for that. I am having some fitment issues on a Hawken that I thought about using them on.

Last edited:

Recondo 101

Expert
    I took a broken hack saw blade, wrapped one end with about six layers of black electrical tape, then cut the other end to a 60 dergree then ground the edges square. The sharp end with corners ground square and edge real sharp then gets in and around the bottom metal glass bedding when the oil and sanding dust, paste runs over into the top edge. It is easy to scrape the inside of the inletting to just take off any finish over flow, which is usually a small amount. However even a thin coat on two sides is enough to prevent the bottom metal from an easy fit back into a stock that has been glass bedded. With the end angled to a point I can also go around the inside of the rounded corners, without making the bottom any deeper.

Last edited:

capt.joe

Master
    I took a broken hack saw blade, wrapped one end with about six layers of black electrical tape, then cut the other end to a 60 dergree then ground the edges square. The sharp end with corners ground square and edge real sharp then gets in and around the bottom metal glass bedding when the oil and sanding dust, paste runs over into the top edge. It is easy to scrape the inside of the inletting to just take off any finish over flow, which is usually a small amount. However even a thin coat on two sides is enough to prevent the bottom metal from an easy fit back into a stock that has been glass bedded. With the end angled to a point I can also go around the inside of the rounded corners, without making the bottom any deeper.
    I love your posts. All I wanted to be when I was a teenager was a gunsmith. Life had other plans for me lol.

Top Bottom