• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    the S&G plugs and plays with the S&G body. Sounds like you may have just changed your keypad now that I read this.

Daezee

Master
    Keeping with my “buy it cheap and we’ll find a use” philosophy, I found small pistol primer “seconds”. Seconds in that they were made with a harder “NATO spec“ cup instead of a softer pistol spec cup and could give failures to fire in striker fired pistols. Since I have non-rifle firearms I know pop rifle primers to include CCI 41’s, I thought why not? $250/5000 shipped.

EDITED TO ADD: I just checked. They’ve all been sold. When I bought mine today, they (American Reloading) had 20,000 left. Get on their emailing list to be notified when deals come in.

Took my S&W Model 1955 25-2 45acp to the neighbor’s range. Had some 45 auto rim cast bullet reloads from a friend to shoot so I could have the brass. Fired 50 of the 100 I was given. I’d already worked up auto rim loads, but these shot nice so I’ll write down the recipe. Auto rim brass isn’t exactly common. Easier to use than moon clips with acp brass.

My 25-2 after cleaning and wiping with rust preventative.

IMG_0274.jpeg

Last edited:

woody morgan

Shooter
    Loaded some 6.5 Grendel ammo for load testing. Outfitted my ARs with slings and swapped some accessories around so it all made sense.
    We're at the tail end of a kitchen remodel. Counters all went in last week and today the over-stove microwave went in and installed the island outlet. Almost done!

wm

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    A friend mentioned that he needed to load some 6.5 Grendel, but it was too hot in his building to load. I told him to swing by and we would twist some up real quick. He had thr brass sized, cleaned and primed when he got here. He dropped the powder after I set it up, I seated the bullet and he ran them through the FCD. He said two presses and people in A/C can knock it out quick. I told him next time we would set it up the T-7 and see if wee could do it quicker. I think I need to sell my case activated powder measure.

Daezee

Master
    My order of primer “seconds” arrived. While supper was cooking, I reloaded 10 rounds of 38 special. I’d already got the brass prepped for priming. After supper I got out the S&W model 67. Figured at about 52 years old the hammer spring might be milder In strength. 2 shots single action and 8 double action with no failures. Primer hits looked same as regular primers…a winner. Oh, still out of stock.

No hints on packages as to make, other than made in the U.S. Precautions on back of 100 count tray package. Normal seating force. Would buy again, but suspect this was a one time deal, although the front of the brick hints it could happen again In different sizes.

IMG_0279.jpeg

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Yesterday I tried several different types of ammo in my CZ455 Varmint I have been shooting matches with. For some reason it has decided it didn't like the ammo I was using. It looks like Midas+ and Long Range comes in a close second. Both also slide into the chamber easily compared to Eley, RWS and Tac.

harleypower69

Shooter
    I’m a fan of the STI single stacks. I recently acquired an STI SHADOW in 9MM. It joins its brother SHADOW in 45 ACP.
    Today I fired it extensively with FMJ and JHP using 115 gr. and also HST 147 Zero malfunctions I am happy to report. I enjoy the challenge of the 3 inch barrel 1911’s. The 45 required me to hand fit a better slide stop (EGW) to get it reliable. This 9 is good to go.

woody morgan

Shooter
    Not yet, but I just installed a red dot on it, so I’ll check the zero after breaking the rifle down and putting it back together.

Ruger takedown systems are pretty robust and repeatable. I have both the PC Charger and the PC Carbine. Adjusted to just snug, I've never noticed any changes in zero fwiw.

wm

Top Bottom