• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Took the KelTec P-33 and P-17 back to the range.

Will do an in depth report on pistol thread but bottom line: P-17 ran without flaw. Decent trigger and shot well too. P-33 loaded with mag loader ran flawless after the first round was hand fed into chamber. After the first 33 rounds, it did it again and I hand fed first round two more times. After that, as reported by others, it chambered naturally and ran well. Really good trigger, decent sights, and shoots nice!
    Yep, both good designs. P17 is alot of fun. Well worth the $200 price w 3 mags.
    20220711_150124.jpg

fisheadgib

Expert
    Checked off an item from my "bucket list", actually a couple. Been wanting a Ruger p85 since the 80's and won an auction on gun broker, finally own one. My best one is the Contender in 7-30 waters that I've wanted for around 40 years. Won a frame about a year ago on an auction, waited about 5 months for a 14" MGM barrel, a few more months for Tony's to make a custom set of laminated stocks, then a gunsmith in Crestview to fix a couple of issues with the frame. Just picked it up. Now to form some cases.

woody morgan

Shooter
    Checked off an item from my "bucket list", actually a couple. Been wanting a Ruger p85 since the 80's and won an auction on gun broker, finally own one. My best one is the Contender in 7-30 waters that I've wanted for around 40 years. Won a frame about a year ago on an auction, waited about 5 months for a 14" MGM barrel, a few more months for Tony's to make a custom set of laminated stocks, then a gunsmith in Crestview to fix a couple of issues with the frame. Just picked it up. Now to form some cases.
    My hunting buddy and I each had one many moons ago. His in blue, 14" and no brake. Mine was stainless, 14" with a brake. Mine shot like a puppy dog due to all that gas running the brake but LOUD. His was vicious in recoil and muzzle flip. Both were extremely accurate.
    Making brass was a simple affair of resizing 30-30 brass and fireforming.

wm

woody morgan

Shooter
    gave interest into the thought of shooting/wasting away some ammo on Sunday.

might be at santa rosa shootin center Sunday afternoon if anyone else will be there.
    I'll be there. I'll be the guy in a red vest telling everyone what not to do, helping folks on the line and generally having a good time as long as nobody does anything stupid or careless.
    Note: I'm the one standing up wandering around.

Edit: How do you reverse the thread order to LATEST. This reply was to a 2013 post. :rolleyes:

wm

FLT

Master
    That’s how it starts! Just buy all black ones and no one will ever know how many you have. :) My wife thinks I have two or three.;)

Themumfordman

Master
    My wife doesn't much care. All of my purchases come out of my personal slush fund. When boxes hit the porch she just wants to know if it's for her or not.
    That said, new long boxes come through the garage simply out of respect. *ahem*

wm
    Ironic how that's EXACTLY my process...lol

My wife knows that the safe is full of stuff, I've tried to be "open" about it and give her the combination multiple times, but she always forgets and has no interest in that anyway. As long as I make sure the mortgage is paid and we have food and AC, life is good. She has her koi pond, gardens and back yard, I have my....tools.

AOCMCMC

Shooter
    Last night broke out the 550 and loaded 100 rounds of 300 HAM’R and 30 of 450 Bushmaster. 300 for deer and 450 for hogs. Hopefully, the Barnes 275g will do to hogs what the 300 130g Hot Core does to deer. Shot three earlier this year we didn’t find until the buzzards did. All shot behind the front leg into what should have been the kill zone using Hornady FTX. No blood trail to be found.

woody morgan

Shooter
    Last night I sat and watched YouTube and processed, cleaned and fondled 150 fresh Hornady 6.5 Grendel cases. Wifey was across the state line playing bingo and I got to do it in the living room and not the garage. WIN...well, for me. Not so much for her, unfortunately.
    She called about 10:30 pm still across the state line and said her oil light was on. Fortunately, she had pulled into a gas station with lighting and I ran her through checking the oil. Two quarts low for some reason since it's a 2022. She got a couple of quarts innit and hit the road making it home in due order. I congratulated her for her successful adventure and promised to check it out in the morning since I was playing with my new brass at the time and sure as hell didn't feel like driving to fricking Elberta in the middle of the night. I'm glad she made it home safely since tonight is her turn to cook dinner.

wm

Last edited:

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    stunk up another ,22 match this morning...368 outta 540...winner shot 513. I did win a solid 4th and no metal. Adjusted my scope 3+ times...the old Ely Benchrest just isn't getting it.

IMG_2170.jpg

inside the small green ring is the 9 ring...the 10/X ring is the pencil lead dot in the middle of that. I didn't even shoot at one of the squirrels and got DQ on another for both bullets going into the same hole.

Top Bottom