• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    .750 gas block with pictanny rail secure with two set screws.

Any idea who made it? I personally despise set screw gas blocks. However, I can tolerate them if the barrel had been dimpled and a good, high temp thread locker is used. Try a different upper on that lower before you go messing with the buffer. If that lower works on a different upper, then it's not the buffer. If it's a 14.7 or 16 inch barrel and a carbine or midlngth gas system, it should not be that complicated. Be patient, and you're welcome to borrow one of my uppers if you need to. If all else fails, go see JJ.

madeSICC88

Master
    I can't say that I do.

Are you going to be able to make it to IDPA this Sunday?

I've shot some very weak handloads and I've never had a problem with the bolt not traveling far enough back.
    Dont think i will make it this month, I have a date with my daughter to go fishing in the morning so thats where ill be.
    I honestly need to do some shooting practice with my pistols. i will straight up embarrass myself out there. when i get this range pass hopefully any day now i am planning on going a lot so hopefully by next month i will have enough range time to not cry in front of everybody when i dont hit a single target..

Skippy02

Marksman
    f03abd7ffc8b8f6c1b32969f16f8e20f.jpg

1d66c0032207d318a80c118d874b659c.jpg

Can't just leave anything well enough alone. New gun for fifteen minutes and new grips are already on there, much nicer grip I might add ;)

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Dont think i will make it this month, I have a date with my daughter to go fishing in the morning so thats where ill be.
    I honestly need to do some shooting practice with my pistols. i will straight up embarrass myself out there. when i get this range pass hopefully any day now i am planning on going a lot so hopefully by next month i will have enough range time to not cry in front of everybody when i dont hit a single target..

I guess family is important. Look forward to getting you out there, though.

Can't just leave anything well enough alone. New gun for fifteen minutes and new grips are already on there, much nicer grip I might add ;)

I hate the look of Hogue grips, but they sure make a heck of a difference when you're shooting.

Dan1612

Master

I can't leave stuff alone either. Today, I installed a new hammer and beavertail on my Colt MKIV Series 70
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413491997.923916.jpg
    Feels much better, and now looks how I (due to my age) believe a modern fighting 1911 should look.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413491997.923916.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413491997.923916.jpg
      48.7 KB · Views: 246

madeSICC88

Master
    I can't leave stuff alone either. Today, I installed a new hammer and beavertail on my Colt MKIV Series 70
    View attachment 24702
    Feels much better, and now looks how I (due to my age) believe a modern fighting 1911 should look.

Love the look, i need to get some new grips on mine, I got the ugly ass Pach grips. my dad likes them but when he gave it to me i told him i had to get rid of them

Dan1612

Master
    Those Pachs are comfy, but not cute. I'm thinking of raplacing mine with some Gold Medallion or Wiley Clapp style ones. Have t decided. Oh, and it needs a new thumb safety, this one (as with most Colts, is gritty and skinny).

madeSICC88

Master
    i need to get some major work on that one. the grip saftey doesnt really work so thats not good. would like to get some different sights on it too. i dont need no adjustable comp sight on it.

Ryan

Master
    got mags and everything except magwell in. bought a gun and Sold a gun...while selling gun the buyer pointed it out that I had a nail in my tire.

Garpo

Master
    Love the look, i need to get some new grips on mine, I got the ugly ass Pach grips. my dad likes them but when he gave it to me i told him i had to get rid of them
    I may take them off you hands if you find them intolerable. These days, I'm more into comfort than looks.

ksenter

Master
    on the AR issue...make sure you left a small (thumbnail thick) gap between the gas block and the barrel. Do not fully seat the block to the barrel on the back side (towards the receiver), you may be undergassing by partially shrouding the gas port with the gas block. Seen it before.

Edit: the reason I say this is on the typical AR with traditional hand guards, the metal disc that captures the front of the handguard takes up this much room. Without the disc to capture the handguards this space is not accounted for.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom