• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ryan

Master
    Got my 1911 back from springfield. Adjust sear spring reamed barrel polished feed ramp and tuned the extractor are a few. I had scratched up the side of the slide and you can't see it now. Shit 200 rounds and it shot great.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I saw Ryan and bohica at the range this afternoon when I went to test my new toy. I had to change out a few springs to get it right, but it shoots really well. The POA and POI were very close at 25yds.

Garpo

Master
    Used a Nut Wizard for the first time to pick up my range brass. Works great for gathering up .40 and .45 brass but hit and miss on 9mm. Well worth the $35 I paid at Robertsdale Feed.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    got all these mounted up and ready for Sunday! also loaded up some pics for my "for sale" listing on my XDM .40
    IMG_20141016_193533946.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20141016_193533946.jpg
      IMG_20141016_193533946.jpg
      88.7 KB · Views: 127

ksenter

Master
    hit the range to sight in the 6.8spc, the 16" 5.56, and the .22lr after moving optics aroundy round. Got the 6.8 on paper and all in the red at 50yds, same with 5.56. Didnt get to stretch them out to 100yds but if the group doesnt grow too much in comparison to the 50yd grouping, I'll be impressed.

The .22lr AR I have listed didnt perform well. Very light strikes to the cases of the rimfire cartridge, most failing to ignite. I've contacted the manufacturer and awaiting a response on sending the bolt in for repair/replacement. If not, I'll be looking at the tac-com bolt replacement or their reliability kit. May end up just keeping the son of a gun, not interested in selling it in its current condition.

Also shot 2 rounds of skeet. I'm not good, not bad, but getting better. Loads of fun shooting clays!!!

Khaot1c

Marksman
    I've always wanted to try trap. I'm afraid I'll like it. Actually, my wallet is afraid I'll like it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Dan1612

Master
    I've always wanted to try trap. I'm afraid I'll like it. Actually, my wallet is afraid I'll like it.

Have you done Skeet, 5 stand or sporting clays?
    I prefer skeet, but that's just me.

Skippy02

Marksman
    I'm guilty, recently have that stuff a shot, it's fun, even when you suck. Instant gratification is a beautiful thing

Khaot1c

Marksman
    No. I haven't tried any kind of clay pigeon shooting. We'll. OK. Sometimes I throw a few
    on the hill and pop shots at them with my 22.
    It's on my bucket list. But so is three gun. To that end I'm being gifted a base model Benelli M-2 as a retirement present. I'm shotgun illiterate so I have a bunch of crap to learn quick. It's hasn't been delivered yet, but I'll presume it wouldn't make an ideal trap gun. From the videos i watched it might do well in sporting clays.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Assembled my stripped lower and got the pistol buffer tube from thorsden customs on the lower now. She's looking pretty. Also did the color fill on the spider (spikes spider) lower. I'll post some pics later.

Still waiting on the 10.5" upper
    SPARC from PSA
    Ambi charging handle
    BCG
    Iron back up sights

Then she will be ready to test fire and zero in.

madeSICC88

Master
    Sounds like a twin of my pistol so far. Did you get the Thordson cover with the QD points or not? Kind of wish I would have gotten that one over the standard one like I did.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    No I got the standard one. Running and Ambi end plate. Had one laying around so I saved myself a few bucks on the pistol tube.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Here she is so far. I will be upgrading the pistol grip with a magpul MOE+ once it gets in.
    image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      94.3 KB · Views: 120

madeSICC88

Master
    i put a sling i made for a shotgun on the loops at the end of the CAA saddle. they are plastic so they arent the best option though

looks good, have you looked at the K2 grip? i was plannimg on getting a MOE+ until i handeled the K2, lets you keep your wrist a bit more straight when shouldering with such a short LOP.

Last edited:

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Yeah I noticed that too. Glad I had the Ambi end plate. Already have a million slings though! I also will be running a sight mark 3x magnifier with the SPARC. Have to see how everything works out.

madeSICC88

Master
    sounds like it will be a nice little flame thrower. i use a PA micro dot on mine. after using it i think i would like something a little bigger and better quality. might get a strikefire down the road

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Apparently these days the small red dots are the newest craze! I would go with an aimpoint comp4 but I don't have 800-900 to sink into a red dot.

madeSICC88

Master
    Haha yea that's why I bought mine because that's all that I saw on others. Its nice but not very comfy for me.

bohica793

Master
    Spent 4 hours at range over 3 trips and finally solved my AR shortstroke issue. Between adding weight to the light buffer, getting rid of the under pressure rounds and a BCG that likes to be covered in pig fat, it now cycles correctly and locks back when empty. Also had to file a little off the front sight post to get the POA correct. Proceeded to put 20 rounds in a 2" square at 25 yards which is amazing since I can barely see the square.

I'm a happy camper now....

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Spent 4 hours at range over 3 trips and finally solved my AR shortstroke issue. Between adding weight to the light buffer, getting rid of the under pressure rounds and a BCG that likes to be covered in pig fat, it now cycles correctly and locks back when empty. Also had to file a little off the front sight post to get the POA correct. Proceeded to put 20 rounds in a 2" square at 25 yards which is amazing since I can barely see the square.

I'm a happy camper now....
    Awesome! Glad you got it figured out.

Top Bottom