• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bluedog46

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know it may not seem like I care for the 1911 but I do. I even bought a new one last week. Like all fan boys some 1911 guys can't seem to acknowledge it has flaws. LOL

One thing I never heard before going to a 1911 forum is someone willing carrying FMJ. Why in the hell would you want a SD pistol that would not feed Hollow points reliably. :dizzy: A 45 fmj is smaller in diameter then even cheaply made (expanded) 9mm. Then there is some 80 year old fan boy who says the fmj worked well threw world war I & II.

I have not had any issue running hollow points but have changed my normal break in routine to include 300 instead 150 of my hollow point carry load.

The first sep to finding a solution is admitting there is a problem.

Article that prompted this post.

http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=6431#more-6431

A helpful link for figuring out what what type of failure your having. I am sure most you do not need this but I am sure some here are new to the platform like me.

http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=6311#more-6311

I have heard a few people tell me the 45 acp is one of the few guns its ok to carry fmj with. Something to do with the weight and stuff that you wont shoot through things like a 9mm. I am not a tech guy. I just called bs on it and get hornady critical defense. Mine feeds fine in my colt and ati 1911 pistols.

Top Bottom