DK Firearms

What's your favorite, real life snake gun?...the one you take while hiking, camping, canoeing?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    this cycles reliably with shot shells?
    It seems marginal. It maybe has the recoil of a standard velocity .22 long. There is a high speed loading of .22 long also. You would have to try it. I am betting it does not function the action of a semiauto pistol.

29 gr (2 g) RN1,038 ft/s (316 m/s)67 ft⋅lbf (91 J)
    CCI currently loads a high-velocity .22 Long with a MV of 1215 fps and a ME of 95 ft. lbs.[

Shot shell ballistics
    Bullet Weight31
    Bullet StyleShotshell
    Muzzle Velocity1000

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    For me, the original Snake Charmer, .410 single shot shotgun. I've had it over thirty-five years. When I'm up on the river it's in the boat and assessable.

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't kill them, I simply walk around them. If I see one on the road I will stop and get a stick and fling them off the road into the grass or woods so they won't get run over. I actually don't mind snakes, I believe they help keep the rodent population down, Now spiders and roaches I scream like a little girl and run away.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't kill them, I simply walk around them. If I see one on the road I will stop and get a stick and fling them off the road into the grass or woods so they won't get run over. I actually don't mind snakes, I believe they help keep the rodent population down, Now spiders and roaches I scream like a little girl and run away.
    I will not do that for a water moccasin if it around where there are people, but will for most other snakes like a hog nose.

Robertroadking

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What ever I may use for another purpose such as squirrel, rabbit or bird for camp meat. Probably favorite .410 or 20 faucets with six shot, single shot H&r with 18” barrel, light synthetic stock. My 20 is shortened and threaded for chokes so it is versatile. I even have a savage fourteener that converts it to .410. The short .410 shells are enough

nobucks

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    New Model Single Six with the .22 WMR that I bought back in '77, loaded with #12 Shot.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I will not do that for a water moccasin if it around where there are people, but will for most other snakes like a hog nose.
    I actually did that for a rattlesnake on the road going into the range one time. Told the guys about it that were there shooting and they said that I should have killed it. I have killed rattlesnakes before, but for that one I figured that I was in his territory and I let him be.

Vp1979

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Typically my .45 for stranger danger. Ive never shot a snake or even thought about it. I have beheaded a few copperheads with a machete who made themselves a little too comfortable in my garden.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I understand what you mean. You just haven't had poisonous snakes around you often enough to get vindictive from being chased, rescuing loved ones who were attacked by them, and having to put down animals who fell victim to them. If you knew there was a stone cold territorial psychopathic murderer lurking in the grass, or sitting in the road, who would chase you down and kill you just as soon as look at you, or your children, would you shake his hand and send him on his way?

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I understand what you mean. You just haven't had poisonous snakes around you often enough to get vindictive from being chased, rescuing loved ones who were attacked by them, and having to put down animals who fell victim to them. If you knew there was a stone cold territorial psychopathic murderer lurking in the grass, or sitting in the road, who would chase you down and kill you just as soon as look at you, or your children, would you shake his hand and send him on his way?
    I am collecting information. What of kind pit viper chased you. Three people that I trust say they were aggressively approached by water moccasins.

There is also the story of water moccasin mating balls and swimmers being killed by such. I never have been able to confirm that story. But a police officer that handled homicides scenes said a water skier's body was recovered from the escambia river with multiple bites.

Latest posts

Top Bottom