What's your favorite, real life snake gun?...the one you take while hiking, camping, canoeing?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well said. They're just minding their own business, just like we are.

Imagine is snakes roamed around with people guns.... I'd hope they feel the same way I do lol
    Water moccasins may not have guns, but they crawl around loaded with deadly poison and an injection system. They are not harmless.
    My dogs instinctively avoid all snakes and turtles including the water moccasin. But they will chase lizards.
    Usually this time of Year I will see one approaching my house.

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My step dad would turn the car around to kill one. I’m not sure God put snakes on this earth for us to kill. Surely they are here for something other than.

I have seen banded water snakes balled up, mating along the choctawhatchee. I have seen them on almost every limb, over hanging the water in some areas. I have never seen a cottonmouth do this. If you are going to be dispatching “poisonous snakes” at least give them enough respect to correctly identify your target.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    #9 in Taurus Public Defender.
    Years ago, one afternoon I was alerted by quite a bit of shooting down the road from me and found out that my neighbor (captain with the sheriff's department) had emptied two magazines of his 9mm to dispatch a black snake that he had almost stepped on as he exited his vehicle.

jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Years ago, one afternoon I was alerted by quite a bit of shooting down the road from me and found out that my neighbor (captain with the sheriff's department) had emptied two magazines of his 9mm to dispatch a black snake that he had almost stepped on as he exited his vehicle.
    Ha, same. I heard a bunch of popping outside and my buddy texts me to bring a shovel or axe, I showed up with a brush axe, he had shot a copperhead probably 3-4 times with 9mm, it was still moving. One schwack with the brush axe fixed that situation.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    snake must have resisted.... should have tased him first, no need to escalate to shooting a non poisonous snake..

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    no point killing non venomous snakes. This one was in the empty dog kennel except that part sticking out
    IMG_0364.jpg

I reached down and tickled it a little and it moved to here and opened the gate a little
    IMG_0366.jpg

I raised up the tin for a peek...said sorry bro didn't mean to interrupt ya suppa

IMG_0367.jpg

here is another one

yikes.jpg

my daughter told me I needed to get away from that snake before it bit me...told her it couldn't with that frog in its mouth

you can generally get a venomous one to move pretty easy too

Top Bottom