DK Firearms

What's your favorite, real life snake gun?...the one you take while hiking, camping, canoeing?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fisheadgib

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Working around the ranch, scouting hunting areas, or just hiking, I usually have my stainless Charter Arms Bulldog Pug. (5 shot .44 special) The first two rounds are my home rolled shotshells and the next three are 200gr cast fp's.

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    If it wasn't so damn loud, my PMR-30 would be first choice. I've been using a Taurus snub until it locked up on me when I needed it. My other revolvers have long barrels, so for now I'm using a 9mm pistol to cover a variety of scenarios. But if I wanted a snake specific gun, almost any .22lr pistol will do. I say "almost" to caution those to practice with whatever gun they choose. I've shot some that couldn't shoot a tin can from 5 feet away.

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Generally I carry a S&W 69 with the 2.75” barrel or a S&W 65 with a 3” barrel. In both cases the first shot is a shotshell (#4 in the 357 and #12 in the .44) and the rest are usually magnum 158 grain Hydra-shoks in the .357 or magnum 240 grain JHP’s in the .44.

I always recognize the possibility of two-legged predators being around, and I’ve never liked the unpredictablity of shotshells in semi-autos.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Generally I carry a S&W 69 with the 2.75” barrel or a S&W 65 with a 3” barrel. In both cases the first shot is a shotshell (#4 in the 357 and #12 in the .44) and the rest are usually magnum 158 grain Hydra-shoks in the .357 or magnum 240 grain JHP’s in the .44.

I always recognize the possibility of two-legged predators being around, and I’ve never liked the unpredictablity of shotshells in semi-autos.
    At all times on my place carry a full size 9mm for what ever and I have killed snakes with it. It is intended fro 2 & 4-legged critters.
    But in the warmer months one jeans pocket always has an rossi .38 with shotshells. It is just plain safer since its range is not great and easier to hit with. Sometime it takes more than one shot until I am sure the snake is good enough dead. I usually want to destroy the head; one needs to be close with that gun to do it. I did shoot a couple of rabbits with the shot loads from tractor.

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have nothing against snakes in general, so I would have to be pretty close on a hike to feel the need to kill it. At the house I would like to say I would use a .410, but really it would probably be the 12ga with 7 1/2 shot because that is what would be handy.

jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    no point killing non venomous snakes. This one was in the empty dog kennel except that part sticking out
    View attachment 249173
    I reached down and tickled it a little and it moved to here and opened the gate a little
    View attachment 249178

I raised up the tin for a peek...said sorry bro didn't mean to interrupt ya suppa

View attachment 249172

here is another one

View attachment 249183

my daughter told me I needed to get away from that snake before it bit me...told her it couldn't with that frog in its mouth

you can generally get a venomous one to move pretty easy too
    Dekays?

Top Bottom