• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
    Well, I did not do anything gun related today, but I did do a little something last night. I got a little bored, so I took out my Franchi SPAS-12 and did a little bit of surface rusr removal and metal tough up. I noticed about a week ago that some surface rust had developed in some places on the metal folding stock. I broke out my fine grit sandpaper, some super fine steel wool, bluing pen, and some gun oil and went to work. Looks a whole lot better now. I made sure to put a light film of oil on it and dropped in five sheels of 00Buck before I tucked it away. It is, once again, ready for any unwanted guests.

John B.

Master
    Got all my parts in today for my upper, which should be here monday. Then ill be assembling it all and will post some pics. It is a 300BO 10.5" barrel with a 12" free float rail and a krink muzzle brake so most of the brake will be covered by the rail. Will look pretty sweet!
    I'm building something very similar. Make sure you post pics when it's done!

Sent from my Galaxy S5....

John B.

Master
    Well, I did not do anything gun related today, but I did do a little something last night. I got a little bored, so I took out my Franchi SPAS-12 and did a little bit of surface rusr removal and metal tough up. I noticed about a week ago that some surface rust had developed in some places on the metal folding stock. I broke out my fine grit sandpaper, some super fine steel wool, bluing pen, and some gun oil and went to work. Looks a whole lot better now. I made sure to put a light film of oil on it and dropped in five sheels of 00Buck before I tucked it away. It is, once again, ready for any unwanted guests.

I've always wanted this shotgun... mainly from the movie Jurassic Park. Lol. Very cool.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    finished up the final touches on a buddy's AR mag carrier. Carbon Fiber is the new multi-cam!
    IMG_20150115_180647115.jpgIMG_20150115_180659640.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20150115_180647115.jpg
      IMG_20150115_180647115.jpg
      207.8 KB · Views: 950
    • IMG_20150115_180659640.jpg
      IMG_20150115_180659640.jpg
      229.2 KB · Views: 913

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    About to head to the range to practice. Thank God the suns out. Should be a great day tomorrow as well.

Found me a lymen powder throw at a pawn shop for cheap.

I've always wanted this shotgun... mainly from the movie Jurassic Park. Lol. Very cool.

It is one heck of a blaster. Mine was made back in 1976. Every since I saw it in Guns & Ammo magazine back in 1986, I had been wanting one. So, about 5 or 6 years ago, I found a guy near Marianna that wanted to trade his and I traded one of my ARs for it.

Well guys, I am replacing the Radical Firearms barrel on my recent Recce build. I decided on a Compass Lake Engineering's Douglas 16.1" 1/7 mid-length stainless steel barrel (polished) w/ Wylde .223 chamber, matching bolt, stainless steel gas block, and mid-length gas tube. Hopefully, everything will be here early next week. After all, they are only two hours east of here just south of I-10 off of Hwy 231.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    After the range today I feel I'm losing my love with the xds45. No fun shooting 230gr from a poly subcompact. Excellent for ccw but definitely not a range toy. Still debating over whether or not try something else.

Seanpcola

After the range today I feel I'm losing my love with the xds45. No fun shooting 230gr from a poly subcompact. Excellent for ccw but definitely not a range toy. Still debating over whether or not try something else.

You can come grab my LCR and take it for a test drive if you want.

Kanaloa

Master

Of course you should try something else. That's the fun of it. Sig makes a great 45 with an allow frame.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Of course you should try something else. That's the fun of it. Sig makes a great 45 with an allow frame.
    Thanks Sean, I might take you up on that.
    Kanaloa I had a commander 1911 that I loved and would probably go back to that for a ccw.

Dan1612

Master

p938!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poff09

Marksman
    Well it was a good day for gunning!!!
    In Houston a LGS (Spring Guns and Ammo) was having a dealer day..dealer was S&W..they brought the usual suspects and some others out to play..u could look all u wanted for FREE but where's the fun in that..$10 let u shoot 5 rounds out of 5 different guns..the $$ also covered lunch..the choices for my $10...some practical..some fun:
    629 Magnum Hunter-beauty and a beast..they had a cheap red dot on top which was not zeroed (slightly annoying)..this was the 1st I chose so maybe that's why I don't remember the recoil..but it was surprisingly fun to shoot..would love to shoot again with just irons or a dot that was on

1911SC E-series-MUCH BETTER trigger than my Sigs..very aggressive serrations on the slide (which I liked)..I think this one must be a normal demo unit cuz I swear the rounds were key holing (is this possible with handgun ammo..the holes looked shredded instead of past thru)..great gun but probably won't pick 1 up..not when u can have nicer for the same price IMO

THE 500 S&W...the 8 in barrel (I think)..oddly enuf this turned out to be the best group of the day..but damn did my hand hurt after only 5 rnds..yes dan we all kno that's "it's really not that bad"..this was my 1st time shooting this and hopefully won't be my last..tried 1 rnd in DA but that's a different topic all together

M&P340 (I think) in 357...really want to love this gun but definitely need more practice w DAO..I should have dry fired a dozen times before loading..I was all over the place..put it in front pocket when I was done and it disappeared into some kinda tight jeans (I've put on a couple lbs)..think it would be a great carry piece if I could get used to staging it correctly

M&P 9 Ported Performance Center..will definitely be buying this gun..except for the very 1st shot the others all touched (not normal for me w my 9)..will also probably put a red dot on it ..I kno there r a lot of Glock fans here but u should really go try this gun..the fit in ur hands is incredible (at least in my hands)..yes it's a M&P trigger but I was actually impressed with the pull..the reset needs work but I don't shoot competitions

All-in-all had a great time..especially when I think about normal gun shows that cost $7 and u don't get to fire any

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rapier

Marksman
    Today i shelved the oil filter can and ordered a full up titanium tube 358 can for the new 358 MGP upper sub gun. The Form 1 paperwork eform should be filled out next week and the new pieces and parts for the can should be in next week.
    Ed

Rapier

Marksman
    Today i shelved the oil filter can and ordered a full up titanium tube 358 can for the new 358 MGP upper sub gun. The Form 1 paperwork should be filled out next week and the new pieces and parts for the can should be in next week.
    Ed

Danwin22

Shooter
    This past week I took some pictures of my .22 rifles while feeding the horses at my son's barn. I also got a new gun safe to make sure I can hang on to my "Stuff."
    Winchester Henry Rossi.jpgFour 22s.JPGGun Safe.jpg

Winchester 9422, Henry Golden Boy, Rossi 62 copy of Winchester 62A and Winchester model 490

Attachments

• Winchester Henry Rossi.jpg
      Winchester Henry Rossi.jpg
      138 KB · Views: 126
    • Four 22s.JPG
      Four 22s.JPG
      168.3 KB · Views: 124
    • Gun Safe.jpg
      Gun Safe.jpg
      77 KB · Views: 129
    Top Bottom