• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John B.

Master
    Hunted the last 4 days pretty hard. Seen several doe and a few small bucks but nothing worth shooting. Roasted a coyote.

484c476eebd7ceba75a5fb0142848434.jpg

Also, during the mid day my buddy and I were talking about shooting long distances and we placed a $10 but that I couldn't hit a coke can at 400 yards... drove out to the gas line and walked it off. Held 24" high and center punched the can with my .308 BAR. I was surprised I hit it honestly.

Sent from my Galaxy S5....

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Started the 2015 GSSF schedule in Clearwater today. Some good take aways from the match today. The front sight and I have a little more work to do in our relationship. Looking forward to Orlando

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

RackinRay

Master
    Shot the Glock 30S, with Meprolight Night Sights. I have been using Ameri-Glow, and think I like the sight picture on them better that the Meprolights.

Seanpcola

Got my 6.8 25 round mags in today from PSA. That wasn't a bad delivery time, about 2 weeks. I can't believe that they're metal mags at $7.98 each.

madeSICC88

Master
    Got my 6.8 25 round mags in today from PSA. That wasn't a bad delivery time, about 2 weeks. I can't believe that they're metal mags at $7.98 each.
    Yea they have some sweet deals on mags, I got some C-Products Stainless mags from them a couple years ago for $5-$6 and they are awesome got 20 of them that time.

Got myself a new double rifle bag, been wanting one to get one so I can take less cases with me up to Idaho. It's a Blackhawk case I got on Amazon for like $40, said it was originally $140 so I snagged it.
    Got to get my wife to sew in some bungee Velcro straps though.

Last edited:

Found some the other day the price was $4.99. Damn it 2 weeks.

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Prelims are in from Clearwater.
    Finished #10 in Heavy Metal division
    #13 / 49 finish in Guardian division.
    #39 / 149 shooting with the big dogs in the Competition Division.

Brian Dover is just a freakin animal

Dan1612

Master
    Prelims are in from Clearwater.
    Finished #10 in Heavy Metal division
    #13 / 49 finish in Guardian division.
    #39 / 149 shooting with the big dogs in the Competition Division.

Brian Dover is just a freakin animal

Very nice! What gear are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Thanks! I'm running A G17 in Guardian, a G21 in Heavy Metal and a G41 in Competition. All gen 4s

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Ryan

Master
    swapped out a million parts on my range officer compact for wilson combat parts. Only thing that bugs is they use a full size hammer spring diameter and not a officers hammer spring diameter so wilson combat told me to buy one of their full sizes and just cut it down to size. I might just leave it with the stock one.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Yesterday I got a bunch of gun parts delivered and started playing with them. Here are some of my impressions.

MAS Defense $80 blem barrels - dirty on the outside, but the rifling and chambers look very nice. The outside cleaned up pretty well with some CLP on a rag, except for a few small scuffs in the finish that aren't very noticeable. Overall I'm pleased with the purchase, contingent on how well it shoots. It's just going to be on a plinking AR, so I'm not holding it to a super-high standard. I do want to note that the extension was a VERY tight fit in an Aero upper receiver.

Vortex Viper PST 1-4x Demo from CameralandNY - This is the 3rd demo scope I've bought from them and all 3 have been absolutely perfect. I love these Viper 1-4's. Hard to beat for $387 shipped.

Vortex Spitfire 1x Prism sight - I haven't used it yet, obviously, but I think I'm really going to like it. It's got an etched reticle that can be used as-is or illuminated with 5 different brightness levels in red and green. From what I can tell, the illumination ought to be daylight visible. The best thing about the etched reticle is that the dot and rings don't bloom for a person like me with astigmatism. Although the center dot is said to be 3 MOA diameter, it appears much smaller to me. Maybe it's just because I'm used to a dot blooming and looking bigger than it actually is, I'm not sure. I don't know how well it will handle a 3x magnifier, since it requires a specific eye relief.

MFT Battlelink Minimalist Stock - Another item I think I'm really going to like. I was able to check JWlineman's out in person a while back and decided to pull the trigger when I found one on sale a week or two ago. It appears to be solidly constructed and fits so tight on the receiver extension that it doesn't need a friction lock.

Last edited:

Rapier

Marksman
    Ordered the rooms for Tulsa April show, another of our group ordered the 5 tables.
    Ed

Dan1612

Master
    Yup. I bought it with the credit from the destroyed Hornady RapID safe and added a little PayPal goodness from selling an old IPad on EBay. 7.62x39 and 9mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom