• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    I got my stainless spiral fluted 223 Wilde 1:8 barrel at TGD. Its a tack driver.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I took out a few guns that I have not taken pics of in a few years and decided to take a few new ones. Here are some samples.

The Armory USA SSR-85C-2 AK-47 (Bulgarian)

Lithgow L1A1-F1 (PNG clone), IMBEL FAL, and G1 FAL

JLD Enterprises PTR-91KP

gunnerxxx

Marksman
    Had a good time at the range today although with the wind the shot groups were not too impressive.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Hit the Pensacola Rifle and Pistol Club with a couple of friends today. Had a good time, worked on reactive reloads for a while with rifle and pistol, then transitions, and then just had some fun snap shooting at 40 yard clays for a bit. Took the 9mm and .45 Range Officers and the 11.5" BCM with SDN-6 suppressor.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Another forum member was nice enough to drive out to my shop and let me use one of his "toys" for a mold so I could make a holster for one of my wife's friends as a surprise for her husband. Can't thank him enough.
    IMG_20141230_183603926.jpgIMG_20141230_183618223.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20141230_183603926.jpg
      IMG_20141230_183603926.jpg
      472.4 KB · Views: 271
    • IMG_20141230_183618223.jpg
      IMG_20141230_183618223.jpg
      135.7 KB · Views: 256

W1ngz

Shooter
    Another forum member was nice enough to drive out to my shop and let me use one of his "toys" for a mold so I could make a holster for one of my wife's friends as a surprise for her husband. Can't thank him enough.
    View attachment 27066View attachment 27067
    I like how high the side goes up. I hate it when the side of my backstrap rubs my side raw. I need to get something like that made for my firestar..

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter

Dan1612

Master
    Mounted a Leupold Mark AR 1.5-4x in a Leupold Mark 2 IMS mount on my VLTOR AR. Now I need to order some 45 degree offset irons, and swing by TGD to grab another CMC trigger.
    Also mounted a SPARC 2 on the race gun. THAT is an impressive little sight. I might need to get another for the Daniel Defense pistol.

Last edited:

madeSICC88

Master
    Mounted a Leupold Mark AR 1.5-4x in a Leupold Mark 2 IMS mount on my VLTOR AR. Now I need to order some 45 degree offset irons, and swing by TGD to grab another CMC trigger.
    Also mounted a SPARC 2 on the race gun. THAT is an impressive little sight. I might need to get another for the Daniel Defense pistol.

Did you get the duplex or the firedot version? The firedot is at the top of my list when I save up enough. Kind of weary on the 1.5 instead of a true 1x though.

Dan1612

Master
    Did you get the duplex or the firedot version? The firedot is at the top of my list when I save up enough. Kind of weary on the 1.5 instead of a true 1x though.

It's the duplex, the firedot is a bit more than I was looking to spend. The 1.5 thing doesn't bother me. I wrestled with that one for a long time. I wanted a 1-4 to do the job of a red dot, and they can, but for the money, you can get a 1-4 AND a red dot. So that's what I decided to do. Different guns for different jobs. While the 1-4 with offsets is very popular in 3 gun, our carbine matches rarely go beyond 75 yards, so a red dot is a better fit, and I prefer it since it's not sensitive to eye position. Jeep runs a Vortex illuminated 1-4 and does quite well, but he's yet to take it off 1x. I mainly got the Leupold to try and become a better scope shooter while shooting relatively cheap ammo, and because I like the looks of it. Hope that helps.

madeSICC88

Master
    I messed around with the duplex version last time I was at bass pro. I liked it but didn't focus on the 1.5 setting very much. I am really interested in the firedot reticle. TennJeep showed me his Viper last time we met up and I really like that one too. Those 2 top my list and I'll hopefully pick one up in the next month.

I'm also really thinking about the Mueller Speed Shot scope, it's just a 4moa red dot in a 1-4 scope, has some pretty good reviews for a Chinese scope. Might get that for my pistol after I get the one I want for my rifle.

Dan1612

Master
    Yeah, Jeep's is sweet. I briefly had a firedot and it was very similar. I know nothing of the Mueller though, it definitely sounds interesting, but I can't do a 4moa dot, my astigmatism is too bad. Sucks getting old.

Oh, and I can't really open both eyes like a red dot with a 1.5x, it makes me dizzy, unless I shift focus to the right eye, so you can't really use it like a red dot. I looked at the different offerings at Gander recently, and found that I preferred Weaver and Bushnell for a true 1x

Last edited:

madeSICC88

Master
    Yea the mueller is one I just came across while searching, it's something I'd like to check out but go into with low expectations.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    It's the duplex, the firedot is a bit more than I was looking to spend. The 1.5 thing doesn't bother me. I wrestled with that one for a long time. I wanted a 1-4 to do the job of a red dot, and they can, but for the money, you can get a 1-4 AND a red dot. So that's what I decided to do. Different guns for different jobs. While the 1-4 with offsets is very popular in 3 gun, our carbine matches rarely go beyond 75 yards, so a red dot is a better fit, and I prefer it since it's not sensitive to eye position. Jeep runs a Vortex illuminated 1-4 and does quite well, but he's yet to take it off 1x. I mainly got the Leupold to try and become a better scope shooter while shooting relatively cheap ammo, and because I like the looks of it. Hope that helps.

Yup. I run a Vortex PST 1-4 and I actually ordered another one today for $387 shipped. One of the things I love about it is how the dot doesn't "bloom" like a normal red dot tends to do for me with my astigmatism. I believe it has something to do with the etching of the reticle. I think the Vortex Spitfire uses the same principle, but it's a fixed prism sight. I also wanted the 1-4 because I plan on competing in other matches that stretch the distance.

Besides the Vortex, Today I ordered 2 of the blem barrels from MAS defense (I think a friend is going to buy one of them), a Precision Armament M4-72 comp (I needed another one and after the comparison posted the other day, I figured I'd give it a try), one of these (http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/18950/s/ar15-5-56-socom-mid-length-16-1-7-phos/) barrels since they popped up after I ordered the other ones and I like the mid-length gas system, 180rnds of Federal XM193 and a $25 bolt assembly from PSA, a Magpul UBR stock, a LPK and Magpul MOE K2 grip from Tiger Outfitters as part of their 50% off sale.

I also installed my new go fast AR handguard...

20141231_182833_zpswicixr8v.jpg

Top Bottom