• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Recondo 101

Expert
    Good news/bad news; If you have Heleen debris out front, the debris are going to get picked up, by Milton. Reminds me of when we got hit here in NW FL by Erin and then Opal, we had stuff scattered everywhere, then Opal hit and the original Erin debris got redistributed and added too in a very big way. Then FEMA and the FWUA folks were a big help, which storm caused what, we need to apply two codes and two deductibles, etc.
    Good luck to the folks down on the peninsula around Tampa/St Pete.

FrommerStop

Master
    Good news/bad news; If you have Heleen debris out front, the debris are going to get picked up, by Milton. Reminds me of when we got hit here in NW FL by Erin and then Opal, we had stuff scattered everywhere, then Opal hit and the original Erin debris got redistributed and added too in a very big way. Then FEMA and the FWUA folks were a big help, which storm caused what, we need to apply two codes and two deductibles, etc.
    Good luck to the folks down on the peninsula around Tampa/St Pete.
    The storm appear to be hitting areas that were mostly untouched by the higher winds of Helene.

Gumby Hunter

Expert
    The storm appear to be hitting areas that were mostly untouched by the higher winds of Helene.
    They don’t have the money, it was handed out to illegals at the border, checked it out, now they say they didn’t use money from that account but from this unheard of account.
    Bottom line is it ALL came from the same purse, the American taxpayers! We are allowing our so-called government to illegally use taxpayers money to fund their next voting bolstering and we can’t do anything about it. If the democrats aren’t doing it then the republicans will.

Bay Ranger

Master
    I was just reading somewhere that the funds used for illegals wasn't disaster relief funds it was another fund they have that they used on illegals...really doesn't matter where it came from as much as it did come from our hard earned dollar.
    I read that last year DHS reprogrammed funds from disaster relief to support of illegals. Doesn't really matter, we spend over a B I L L I O N on illegals and give our citizens $750 after they have lost everything.

I read that in NYC, in addition to free everything, they are giving illegals $4000 to move out of the hotels and, get this, extra money for moving expenses. Can you imagine. They came here with nothing but what they could carry and now they are giving them moving expenses. Lile they have an entire household of things to move!

Do people really understand what the Dims have done to this country? I have read an several analyses that says we will be dealing with this problem for decades.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    I read that last year DHS reprogrammed funds from disaster relief to support of illegals. Doesn't really matter, we spend over a B I L L I O N on illegals and give our citizens $750 after they have lost everything.

I read that in NYC, in addition to free everything, they are giving illegals $4000 to move out of the hotels and, get this, extra money for moving expenses. Can you imagine. They came here with nothing but what they could carry and now they are giving them moving expenses. Lile they have an entire household of things to move!

Do people really understand what the Dims have done to this country? I have read an several analyses that says we will be dealing with this problem for decades.

We The People should get our money back.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I think that was my point I was trying to make...it didn't matter which fund we read that it came from....it came from our hard earned dollar. I am not sure what you are supposed to do with a $750 starter check when your bank was washed away unless they are issuing the same cards they issue illegals...but there isn't any power at the store to buy food or water to use the card either

circle jerk bureaucracy

Reactions: FLT

Themumfordman

Master
    They did the same thing in Hawaii after the crazy fires they had. Sleepy Joe got all proud on TV of how we were going to take care of Americans in need with $500 assistance checks. We can throw $100 billion to Ukraine, who isn’t an ally, but if actual citizens are in need well that’s just too damn bad.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    I lost power for only 90 minutes on Thursday night.

Comcast is continuing to completely underperform as usual so I have zero Internet still. I detest this company.

With other alternatives readily available I don’t know why anyone would use comcast.

The last time I had them they got mad because I logged the outages and prorated my bill. They raised holy hell and threatened me with a lawsuit etc. I told them to go ahead and we’ll see if the court decides I have to pay them for services not rendered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5lima30ret

Master
    The track of Milton looks very similar to hurricane Charlie. During Charlie there was as much and sometimes more damage inland from the many tornadoes that were spawned by the hurricane. The further inland the storms goes the higher the probability of tornadoes. Prayers for all those in the path!

Last edited:

5lima30ret

Master
    Keep your EV's and hybrids out of your garage! We had some friends that lived on Little Gasperilla Island during Helene, their homes were burnt to the ground by EV's and hybrids parked in their garages or under their stilt homes!

Last edited:

Snake-Eyes

Master
    I don't have to have mine back...but.... I want it to go somewhere else than it's going

I meant that the folks who paid into it should have a better say on where it goes, and since it’s effectively being flushed down the toilet or handed to our enemies, then perhaps we “Take It Back” the old-fashioned way.

Every treasonous SOB who signs the laws/rules/checks KNOWING the discrepancies should face a trial that has displaced North Carolina residents as the jurors.

That includes the dirtbags with FEMA hampering rescue efforts and/or illegally confiscating property.

I’m surprised FEMA idiots haven’t been added to the casualty list by the locals.

Recondo 101

Expert
    If you are not watching, the Barometric Pressure this morning was 975, right now, last report, this motor scooter now is at 911...in only 6 hours, or 10 points per hour drop in pressure and winds are at 175. They may need to reprogram their predictions. It looks to be in process of eating a tropical storm that came up east of it earlier. Sure hope it gets some wind shear or something to stop the growth.

FrommerStop

Master
    Hurricane Milton is a Cat 4 already, and they're now saying overnight it could increase to Cat 5. This seems like an unreal amount of major storms hitting Florida all in one season, doesn't it?
    We have had similar numbers before. 2004 was bad year we also get hit by ivan in Northwest Florida
    see: https://www.weather.gov/tbw/hurricanes2004

20 Year Anniversary of the 2004 Hurricane Season​

Daezee

Master
    5 gallons may run 6 hours on full power.
    That’s why people MUST plan and do test runs/drills to find and fix any holes in their plan. Power outages are a piece of cake for my household. For example my 16 year fridge will go 2 hours without power before getting into the 40 degree range, so I have 2 hours to plug into auxiliary power. Our tv/satellite attached to a UPS gives us 10-15 minutes to plug in to a solar generator sitting 2’ away to prevent a 20 minute reboot cycle from starting.

Top Bottom