• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ryan

Master
    I mailed my RO9 in. One of the magazines they sent me for the promo was damaged so I sent it back as well. They're going to call me and let me know the price/turn around for sights. I keep adding magwell and extensions for my 9 round mags to cart and then backing out. I want to run stock and see what works for me but Ian's ro9 felt really good with the magwell he had on

Dan1612

Master
    Ryan, you NEED a magwell, and the stock mags are useless. If you need mag release and slide release extensions, Wilson Combat is the place to go. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Ryan

Master
    I just want to make sure I buy quality the first time around. I'm going to get another 9mm 1911 that I can carry when I pass my E6 stuff so quality mags that can go between guns would be nice. One issue I had with my RO9 was the mags slid in out fine when empty but when they were full they wouldn't even fit in the magwell without jamming them in hard. I haven't had much time to do Any research and I'm sure Springfield will let me know what's going on

Dan1612

Master
    Wilson ETMs will fix that problem. If you plan on being a 1911 shooter remember this: stock mags are throw aways. Run Wilson's.

I had a 47D drop out because I didn't seat it all the way. ETMs are the way to go.

Ryan

Master
    Seems like the common thing to do is when anything breaks or I want anything 1911 to just get Wilson. I hope there is some resale value in the stock mags..have 5 of them good thing they were all free.

Dan1612

Master
    There's not. Just the nature of the beast. But they were free, and won't work well with your magwell, so it's all good. When 1911s are concerned, go Wilson. While your at it, get a magwell.

Ryan

Master
    looks like they're fetching between 15-25$ on ebay in the sold section so getting 80+ isn't bad. Going to order 4 magazines and a magwell. I don't know what springfield is going to charge to install sights on the gun. I just want a fiber optic front and the stock rear is fine but i'd like to replace them as well. front doesn't look hard to install but the rear people said they had to file and what not.

Dan1612

Master
    I had Ron (1911Junky) at TGD do my sight and all the work on my gun.
    1911s are kinda like aimpoints. With 1911s you buy the gun, the you buy good mags. With aimpoints, you buy the sight, then you buy the mount. Yes, it's more expensive that way, but you end up with the best there is.
    Which reminds me, I need to sell some mags.

Dan1612

Master
    Nah, I'm selling some stock mags. Though if you come out to the races, you're welcome to use my mags.

Emcm2

Master
    I took apart my buddy's grandfathers shotgun tonight to find out why it only would load two rounds and one in chamber and found a payday a guess in the old days they used rolls of coins as plugs. Found a whole roll of mercury dimes and my buddy let me keep the roll for my time :::::))))) I told him nooo he said hey look at like this if I would have taken it to a shop they would have never told me. So I'm one happy camper

ksenter

Master
    I bought that team Warned red anodized 30mm cantilever mount a week or so ago from a member on here. I've really let it take me over. Last week I ordered a Warne a645 45* anodized red angled front mount base. Today I ordered an Odin Works extended mag release also in red. lol. Wont be a very stealth rifle.

Also tired of seeing the cheapo tapco stock with CAA cheek weld piece added on, so I picked up a different cheapo stock, the magpul MOE, haha. At least it will look better and I know magpul quality.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I took apart my buddy's grandfathers shotgun tonight to find out why it only would load two rounds and one in chamber and found a payday a guess in the old days they used rolls of coins as plugs. Found a whole roll of mercury dimes and my buddy let me keep the roll for my time :::::))))) I told him nooo he said hey look at like this if I would have taken it to a shop they would have never told me. So I'm one happy camper

Good find & Good friend, never heard of that before, maybe hiding some rainy day money. most folks would have wittled a stick, $10.00 was alot of money back then, and a roll of merc's could be today, if you get lucky on some dates and mint marks.

bohica793

Master
    Ordered gasblock, gas tube, handguard, iron sights, muzzle brake and some replacement clips for the dust cover rod (damned thing popped off...). Only thing left to order is the BCG and charging handle.

Top Bottom