• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I got me a CMMG 22 AR conversion bolt today!

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Spent some time with my Sig M400 yesterday. Cleaning it this afternoon I noticed that the little SIG addition of the Bolt Support in the barrel extension is gone - AGAIN.
    The rifle was sent back to Sig within a month of owning it because that little "solution looking for a problem" worked its way loose and fell out. That particular instance caused catastrophic failure and significant damage to the inside of upper.

This time, it must have exited without getting lodged between the round/chamber or bolt carrier group/upper. Either way, end result is - it isn't there. Sig's customer service came through last time, but I think I'm going to pursue a different upper. Sig will want the entire rifle back to do the maintenance so perhaps I'll just look for something else entirely. I'd say sell the thing off when it gets back but it's definitely a BUYERS market right now.

Perhaps a piston driven upper from Core 15?

RackinRay

Master
    Played with the new Magpul slings I went to in order to standardize all long gun slings to one platform.

poff09

Marksman
    Spent some time with my Sig M400 yesterday. Cleaning it this afternoon I noticed that the little SIG addition of the Bolt Support in the barrel extension is gone - AGAIN.
    The rifle was sent back to Sig within a month of owning it because that little "solution looking for a problem" worked its way loose and fell out. That particular instance caused catastrophic failure and significant damage to the inside of upper.

This time, it must have exited without getting lodged between the round/chamber or bolt carrier group/upper. Either way, end result is - it isn't there. Sig's customer service came through last time, but I think I'm going to pursue a different upper. Sig will want the entire rifle back to do the maintenance so perhaps I'll just look for something else entirely. I'd say sell the thing off when it gets back but it's definitely a BUYERS market right now.

Perhaps a piston driven upper from Core 15?

U have any pics of issue...I have M400 and have no idea what "SIG addition of the Bolt Support in the barrel extension" is...not tryin to be funny just would like a little clarification...only issue I've had we mine was ammo related but now u have me worried it was something else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snow Bird

Master
    Received 500 45 bullets today for the 45 so I can start reloading when I get low. Already had 500 so it will be a un day in the next week or two.
    Refit the grip saftey on the Taurus so you dont have to have a death grip on it for it to go off. Utube is your frieng. Only took a couple of hours. Most of that time was spent learning again on how to tear it down and put it back together. Like I said Utube is your friend. And Wa La everything works and it is safe.

Khaot1c

Marksman
    U have any pics of issue...I have M400 and have no idea what "SIG addition of the Bolt Support in the barrel extension" is...not tryin to be funny just would like a little clarification...only issue I've had we mine was ammo related but now u have me worried it was something else

Here's a picture of the Sig added feature from a website that did a review on the M400 a while back
    (Review link): http://www.shootingillustrated.com/index.php/20726/sig-sauer-m400/

M400 (review picture).jpg

I'll get a picture of what mine looks like and attach it in another post.

Attachments

• M400 (review picture).jpg
      M400 (review picture).jpg
      149 KB · Views: 118

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Here's the pic of my Sig M400 with the (now) missing enhancement.

SigBarrelExtension.jpg

There's a hole where the 'nub' should be..... So I'm curious if that will cause an issue?!
    I understand what it's supposed to prevent, but now there is a cavity where a solid wall would normally be on a standard spec AR.

Attachments

• SigBarrelExtension.jpg
      SigBarrelExtension.jpg
      58 KB · Views: 117
    Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Wow, so they want to whole thing back again? I would be pissed.

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Wow, so they want to whole thing back again? I would be pissed.

That's how they wanted it done last time. I haven't altered the gun too much from it's stock/retail config. Magpul furniture and an optic. They say no accessories should go back, that makes sense. We'll see.....

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Is this a known problem they are having with a lot of guns, what a shame, sorry for the trouble.

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Note sure. That's why I started here to see if any M400 owners have had their guns egress that part. I'm also threading in the M4Carbine.net forum but so far it's been questions about what I was doing when the incident happened.

A few Google searches turn up nothing. Curious if many M400 owners know it's even there. I had no idea what it was when I got the rifle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

poff09

Marksman
    I had no idea till u said something..checked mine last night..it was there and seemed alright..not that I would kno if it was faulty tho..will definitely keep an eye on it..in ur research did it say what the piece was for??

Skippy02

Marksman
    The idea is to increase tension on the extractor when during to help extend its life. Basically a non point assuming they use quality mil spec parts and the rubber ring

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I sold a gun and a jeep axle today to fund my new pseudo race gun project. I ordered some more gun stuff yesterday as well. That makes over $1300 between Thursday and Friday. :eek: I feel almost like Dan...

poff09

Marksman
    What kinda race gun u putting together...or are u gona make us wait to kno??

Top Bottom