• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Picked up some zq1 brass 9mm to try out. It's cheaper than steel Tula at Wal-Mart.

Ryan

Master
    Went to the FOP range to shoot. My 1911 went full auto twice so that's not cool and some guy wearing US Marshals gear was there shooting at the 50 while a couple of us were at the 7....love shooting there but people just don't have any respect for the rules these days

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Went to the FOP range to shoot. My 1911 went full auto twice so that's not cool and some guy wearing US Marshals gear was there shooting at the 50 while a couple of us were at the 7....love shooting there but people just don't have any respect for the rules these days

Not good on either of those. I would have gone ballistic on the guy shooting behind me, though. That's completely unacceptable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Just came back from meeting Ian over at Kenny's Gun Room to complete our transaction on the SIG. I will let him say more about his new purchase.

Last edited:

bohica793

Master

Call Chris John and complain. US Marshall should know better and they need to know it's not just associate members causing safety issues.

Ryan

Master
    I couldn't find any contact for Chris John but called the SAA and he referred me to the President who told me to shoot him an email with all the information. I got his truck tag on the way out. The guy was confrontational. I had 2 cardboard backings setup and he wanted me to give him one for his target. We were both shooting at the 7yd at the start and he would shoot a couple rounds and then walk up to his target (range was still hot/I was shooting) and put his fingers through the holes. I have a feeling that the gentleman was not a Marshal and was just tac loaded out like one. I have only shot a couple times with other people out at the range otherwise i'm by myself. The times I am out there with others it's a little scary sometimes because families are out there or there are a large group and safety just goes to the wayside. I've been cleaning a lot of aluminum casings that people are just shooting and leaving all over the ground. Shooting at the lodge has upped my shooting skills by a million since it's cheap and I can shoot all the time so I try to respect the range and wish others would. rant over.

Kind of bummed on the 1911 as well. Was going to get it worked on by either 1911junky or alabama holster so I could use it at IDPA this month. I am shooting 1000 times better with it though.

Garpo

Master
    I have a feeling that the "gentleman" was not a Marshal and was just tac loaded out like one.

You're probably right on that account. I've met several Marshals out there and they were firearm savvy and all respectable guys.

Dan1612

Master
    Fitted a trigger to my new Series 70 Colt 1911. Whoo Hoo! :)
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412472972.217276.jpg
    Now it's begging for a hammer, beavertail, and magwell. :(
    Shouldn't have gotten her started. lol.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412472972.217276.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412472972.217276.jpg
      44.1 KB · Views: 217

Garpo

Master
    Went out to the FOP range late this afternoon to test some new 45acp loads in my PT1911. They were fantastic!!! Raged holes at 7 yards. Unfortunately, upon leaving, I backed into one of the pecan trees, bent the rear bumper on my truck and put a nice dent in the metal just below the now cracked tail light. I blame the diminishing sun light, distracted by what my wife was saying and fiddling with my damn cell phone. Unexpected expense as a result of going to the range late in the day and doing other stupid things. :frusty:

Edit: Oh damn, just realized I left my new staple gun at the range. I should have stayed home. :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

Last edited:

bohica793

Master
    Just finished cleaning my .45 and 9mm from putting about 100 rounds each down range at FOP yesterday morning. Now spending quality time hand reaming crimped primer pockets because the pocket swager SUCKS.

Garpo

Master
    Just finished cleaning my .45 and 9mm from putting about 100 rounds each down range at FOP yesterday morning. Now spending quality time hand reaming crimped primer pockets because the pocket swager SUCKS.

Well, at least you didn't back into a pecan tree.
    I went back to the range early this AM to get my staple gun (it was just where I left it). While there, picked up a bunch of brass that was laying on the far end of the range were I shot late yesterday - lots of 45acp.

bohica793

Master
    Well, at least you didn't back into a pecan tree.
    I went back to the range early this AM to get my staple gun (it was just where I left it). While there, picked up a bunch of brass that was laying on the far end of the range were I shot late yesterday - lots of 45acp.

I lost a bunch of nickel 45 in the high grass at lane 14. Looked and never could find it. Guess you have better eyes than me and my trifocals....which ain't saying much.

Garpo

Master
    I lost a bunch of nickel 45 in the high grass at lane 14. Looked and never could find it. Guess you have better eyes than me and my trifocals....which ain't saying much.

You've must of done a pretty good job, or someone else picked them up because I only found one nickel 45. My eyes aren't so good either because I didn't see that damn tree I backed into.

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Does it top "we need to run a cable line through this wall. Grab my gun"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom