• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joebob2

Expert
    Thanks to wags68, I got my new CZ SP-01 upgraded with a new race hammer, reach reduction kit, short reset, and reduced power trigger spring. Feel SO much better than stock. Can't wait to get out to the range tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

SCTaylor

Expert
    Have you ever broken down a loaded post tumbled cartridge and checked for degradation of propellant? An air compressor could speed your hp cavity/case dust removal.

Folks over at Enos have not reported any detrimental effects from tumbling post loading. I don't/won't use a lanolin based lube for pistol rounds, simply not worth the hassle to tumble them after loading. One Shot has been good to me for 6 months or so, never cleaned or tumbled the rounds and so far no problems.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Have you ever broken down a loaded post tumbled cartridge and checked for degradation of propellant? An air compressor could speed your hp cavity/case dust removal.
    I've never checked the powder after tumbling and I don't intend to, since I've never had a problem and I only tumble for 5 minutes. I'd argue that my ammo gets agitated more during handling, transport, etc.

The media is typically so jammed into the JHP that it requires a pick to get out.

I'm thinking that One Shot will be worth it, since cleaning the ammo after loading is a pain.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SCTaylor

Expert
    Are you running an undersized decap / re-sizing die? If not, then you shouldn't need lanolin lube. My 650 is setup with a Lee decap/resize side, with one shot it's pretty smooth. Only time I've had an issue is with crap brass but it really wasn't an issue, just took more force to resize.

Biggest plus is enough resistance to feel a split case or 380 that goes in the die way too easy. Just pluck it out and keep on trucking.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Are you running an undersized decap / re-sizing die? If not, then you shouldn't need lanolin lube. My 650 is setup with a Lee decap/resize side, with one shot it's pretty smooth. Only time I've had an issue is with crap brass but it really wasn't an issue, just took more force to resize.

Biggest plus is enough resistance to feel a split case or 380 that goes in the die way too easy. Just pluck it out and keep on trucking.

I've been using the same batch of lanolin/Iso Heet lube that I made a couple years ago when I was loading on a 650 with an undersize die. Just kept using it since I had a big bottle. It's almost gone now and I grabbed a bottle of One Shot from Max's Choice at the match today.

ksenter

Master
    received my Sparc back from Vortex after being sent in for warranty, the power switch had broken. Opened box, hit power button, nothing. Checked to see if it had a battery and indeed it did. Replace battery and BINGO! Battery got it to power up. But, wont change brightness up or down, and wont power off. Put it right back in the box they shipped it to me in and drove right down to UPS. Included some handwritten notes on their invoice stating the current problems and my disappointment. Being an owner of several of their products, I'm starting to lose my confidence in their ability to provide a quality product and keep it running at this point. I'm sure its something simple, but did NO ONE check function before it left out to the customer?

madeSICC88

Master
    That is really strange, hopefully they didnt use their awesome customer service to get to the top, and now that they have a massive lead they skim back some.
    Hopefully it gets resolved quickly with a new unit.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

kendive

Master
    Daezee and I went up to my property the other day and he sighted in his new to him scope on a 300 Blackout and I sighted in the new SWFA SS MOA Scope on My Rem 700 308. It was amazing how accurate the freedom munitions 150gr. .308 reloads were. They pretty were punching holes on top of each other at 100 yards. Did not expect that at all.

14891747234590_zpsvigh6cez.jpg

14891747234871_zpsr19t7ucg.jpg

capt.joe

Master
    Stopped in at Ubers on my way home. A ruger sp101 in 327 magnum caught my attention. Put it on layaway for my birthday!

Daezee

Master
    Stopped in at Ubers on my way home. A ruger sp101 in 327 magnum caught my attention. Put it on layaway for my birthday!

Have owned one since they came out. Trigger pull a bit heavy, but otherwise a fine revolver.

capt.joe

Master
    Im tempted to thin the herd and get a henry in 327 or a tc encore. I like the idea of loading down for plinking and small game. Or loading full power for bigger stuff.

Gas Port

Master

Barrel length? The frame look similar to the original security/speed six. How is the trigger pull?

ksenter

Master
    I did a thing...
    d33227b165a0ab4b131de70309a95d90.jpg

And the wait begins...

did my thang in November. Still waiting. First month sucks, then you get used to waiting. Not too bad at this point. If you need support, well, toughen up, hahaha

edit: oh yeah, and congratulations!!!

capt.joe

Master
    Barrel length? The frame look similar to the original security/speed six. How is the trigger pull?

From what I gathered, I bought the 2nd gen with a 4.2 inch barrel, adjustable sights, and wood inlay on rubber grips. Im not a guru but trigger pull seemed ok to me. I saw online that trigger pull gets better with time or you can polish everything and get lighter springs

kendive

Master
    Wanted a Zero stop for my SWFA SS 3-15 x 42 MOA Scope so decided to make it myself. Picked up some nylon (1.000 od x .720 id) washers at Halls in Milton. I got 3 for .92 each. Had to sand one down a little with some 400 sandpaper and perfect. You can see in the pic where it stops just pass zero. Daezee and I sighted the Rem 700 .308 at 100 yards with supers and with subs (220gr Sierra MatchKing Round Nose) (1100 fps) at 100 yards I have to dial in a 14" drop at 100 yards.

14896940613980_zpsgrsxvn0e.jpg

14896940614421_zpsqktvvf5b.jpg

ksenter

Master
    have been muzzle device shopping and swapping for a minute. Ended up putting the Lantac Dragon off my 7.5" onto my 16"race/reece (I know, that makes no sense, whatever) rifle. Took my 1/2x28 51t brake and installed on the 7.5" pistol with the idea of using AAC's blastout device to move the noise forward and away. Well, that necessitated pulling the quadrail off the upper to remove & replace due to the overlap. Lo and behold, the rail no longer fits, hah! So today, I ordered an SLS 6.7" Solo handguard to replace the 7.2" Troy Bravo quadrail.

This just got a whole lot more expensive than originally intended. Doesnt it always???

Troy Brave 7.2" quadrail for sale in accessories section

wildrider666

Master
    Last edited:

ksenter

Master
    I've got that whole situation sorted. To my knowledge all the "flash cans" are copies of the noveske kx devices, but lack the actual function of those units. Does the kak devices come apart? and if so, do they have the conical device inside to act as a compensator? or are they just look-a-likes that just throw the gases forward?

Top Bottom