• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I adjusted my bullet feeder for the 115gr Everglades bullets last night. Or at least I think I did. I'm going to run a couple hundred through it tonight to verify. I also loaded up a handful of primer tubes. My goal is to load up 3-4K rounds over the next couple weeks. I'm going to be using the 115's for match ammo while I use up all of the 124's in practice.

RackinRay

Master
    Today I took out the magazine disconnect from my new to me 9mm J.O. Israeli Arms LTD Kareen (BHP clone). Shooting it tomorrow at the range if fate permits, and right now she is giving me a green light men!

bohica793

Master
    That feeling when you've been awake for 3 hours and want to load ammo, but your wife is still asleep and your press is really loud....

Which is why I am having the workshop built on the other side of the garage away from the bedroom. One sympathizes...

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Thankfully my loading room is pretty isolated from the rest of the house.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Yes, yes it is

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Dang, that's a lot of loading.
    About 4 hours worth if I buckled down and knocked it out, but my ADD brain won't let me do that much at once. I'm going to try to get through half of it today, with frequent breaks to do other stuff.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RackinRay

Master
    Got out to the range and test fired the Kaleen HP clone. It shot pretty well, just printed to the left at 7 yards. If I did my part it was grouping well. When it came in the rear sight was way to the left causing some concern. I got it centered before taking it out and will drift to the right to see if I can get the windage corrected more closely to the POA. I ran one full mag through rapid fire to see if it would have any failures, and it did not. In fact, it ran smoothly without any issues at all. I like it!

Got the new upper with the Wylde chamber rough sighted in with irons and the scope. Will go out to 100 yard to fine tune sights on a calmer day since it was gusty enough today to blow my rented stand down twice! LOL

madeSICC88

Master
    Ordered a SOPMOD buffer kit to finish off a lower receiver, and also sat in the sun and drank some Makers.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Gas Port

Master
    Shot IDPA today. 3 people DQ and lots of gun malfunctions. Gods news it improved my ranking.

SCTaylor

Expert
    Bought a Mr. Bullet Feeder for my 650, should arrive Wednesday. Placing an order for 5k fully processed 9mm brass ready to load. Need to load up some practice ammo for this weekend and probably enough to last me through the rest of March & April.

Gas Port

Master
    The main reason I've seen is breaking the 180.

It happened on two other squads but the way the stage was set up it increased the chance of breaking the 180 and sweeping. I had my DQ last year at a USPSA match. Not fun for anyone involved.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Bought a Mr. Bullet Feeder for my 650, should arrive Wednesday. Placing an order for 5k fully processed 9mm brass ready to load. Need to load up some practice ammo for this weekend and probably enough to last me through the rest of March & April.

You're going to love it. Just be sure it's adjusted correctly before you start loading or you'll end up hating yourself. I thought mine was adjusted for the 115's until I got like 10 upside down bullets in the first 200. I took the 10 minutes to fiddle with it and figure out that it needed another spacer, then I only had 2 upside down bullets the remaining 1800 rounds.

The most recent batch of brass I bought was already wet tumbled and that saved so much time. I'll definitely continue to pay the extra couple dollars per thousand in the future.

Last edited:

Members online

Top Bottom