• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBryan314

Master
    Nice fde?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We almost bought the FDE last week but we wanted to pay off a couple bills first. A week later, they only have black. Wife doesn't care about black vs FDE or whatever.

3.9" barrel, rail, night sights. It's a nice weapon. Her permit is in the mail so she will be carrying it soon.

kendive

Master
    Kendive called. Asked me to bring my Sterling L2A3 over. A friend of his had sold his 9mm pistol and had 9mm ammo to shoot up. Heck yes I'll be there when there's free ammo. We only got to fire it 200rds when the pin holding the locking lever (holds the stock in place when extended) fell out along with the locking lever. Ken found the locking lever, but the pin was too small to spot in the grass and leaves. Not to worry...I have 3 parts kits from when the "getting parts kits was good" time. When I got home, I replaced the pin and put in a couple of small dimples to help hold it in place. Still had a great time with grins on all faces. I did find my Sterling will feed hollow point ammo too.

Yea another fun day it was. I called it Drone Shooting.

Well not shooting the Drone that would be expensive. Using the drone to get aerial video. Top Pic shooting suppressed 300 Blackout 10.5" SBR at 12" AR500 Steel.

Shooting_zpsyxpdfw1c.jpg

Shooting2_zpstlkiiojp.jpg

ksenter

Master
    today I boxed up a Vortex Sparc and sent in for warranty work. The power on/off button broke and needs fixed/replaced. I am really hoping they replace it with a SparcII but I highly highly doubt they will. The sparcII was introduced as a fix for this power button issue as I understand it.

I visited Nate at Little Jacks and purhcased 2 Aero lower receivers, a spikes lpk, a magpul MOE trigger guard, and a buffer & spring. Came home and ordered a Form1 from the ATF's website. One of the two will become an SBR sometime in the future, hopefully by end of 2017

Viking1204

Master
    When I get home from class I'll be packing up my guns for a work trip to the hunting camp. Taking a few pistols, my shotgun, AR-15 and my Marlin .444 and .45/70! Hopefully we'll find some hogs to use them on!

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    When I get home from class I'll be packing up my guns for a work trip to the hunting camp. Taking a few pistols, my shotgun, AR-15 and my Marlin .444 and .45/70! Hopefully we'll find some hogs to use them on!

good luck...break a hog leg or two

07stuntin6r

Marksman
    Got my break on my AR and got a extended charging handle lever put on also. Also took the Sp01 out for the first time and it was butter....made me not even want to shoot the 2.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04c8ffd474e15792ba0d1e5cd9aeb3a2.jpg
    84043022e23084aeb836fb7b9bb58bf7.jpg

Last edited:

Garpo

Master
    Shot about a hundred plus rounds through my new Charter Arms Pitbull in 45 ACP. All I can say is "ouch" and it's certainly not a range gun.

ksenter

Master
    purchased a Burris FastfireIII with mount from TGD, should have it Tues or Wed. Picked up some more rounds of 300blk subs to add to the stash.

Gas Port

Master
    20170303_200817.jpeg

Always hated Pacmyer grips. Cut away a set of S&W target grips to accommodate the new speed loader and custom fit the back strap. No safe queens in my neighborhood.

Pay no attention to the hemostats. Move on please!

Attachments

• 20170303_200817.jpeg
      20170303_200817.jpeg
      256.8 KB · Views: 156
    Last edited:

RackinRay

Master
    Shot two new to me revolvers. Had one that I just picked up that had a quirky dragging double action. Sometimes hitched in single. I finally found that the hammer strut cross member was protruding about 1/4" and causing the grip to tighten down unevenly and add friction to the hammer spring. Once found easily fixed.

Other is a single action. Good groups from it, low and left. Low no issue since I want to regulate it with one load...and the left turned out to be a bent front sight. Should not be too hard to correct, and a file will get it to POA real quick.

Happy with the days results.

Top Bottom