• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon_SPC

Master
    I worked up some reloads last night at like 1:00 am.
    Lapua brass at 2.025"
    Winchester primers
    Berger 130gr OTM AR Hyrbirds.
    47 grains of H4831SC
    loads are .040, .050, .060, .070, and .080 off the lands

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
      Capture.PNG
      141.9 KB · Views: 147
    • Capture1.PNG
      Capture1.PNG
      113.1 KB · Views: 151

madeSICC88

Master
    Put another lower together as far as I could without having the receiver extension yet.
    I have never used anything from Anderson before but I got this LPK from Primary Arms for about $35. It went together just fine, but the bolt catch pin is way too long. I've never seen one this long and from a few Google searches I've never seen this come up as a Anderson issue. The trigger guard pin and this pin are the exact same length so I didn't get them switched around. It doesn't bother me that much but I will probably order another one next time I order some parts. It sure is kind of goofy looking though. Anyone ever had one this length before?
    I looked at my other rifles and they all seem to vary in length a bit but nothing close to this long.
    e400cbf20d183cd4905e1a605a85282a.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I'm in the middle of cleaning my open gun since I have time to test it before the AL sectional. It's not looking like my Freedom gun will be back in time, so I want to make sure this one is in tip top shape.

ee61759b9c743f04b069078c8d464ff4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Put another lower together as far as I could without having the receiver extension yet.
    I have never used anything from Anderson before but I got this LPK from Primary Arms for about $35. It went together just fine, but the bolt catch pin is way too long. I've never seen one this long and from a few Google searches I've never seen this come up as a Anderson issue. The trigger guard pin and this pin are the exact same length so I didn't get them switched around. It doesn't bother me that much but I will probably order another one next time I order some parts. It sure is kind of goofy looking though. Anyone ever had one this length before?
    I looked at my other rifles and they all seem to vary in length a bit but nothing close to this long.
    e400cbf20d183cd4905e1a605a85282a.jpg

Never seen one like that either out of the LPKs that I've used. Interesting...

madeSICC88

Master
    Looks like two trigger guard roll pins got put into the package instead of one each trigger guard and bolt catch pin.
    That's what I was thinking too. It fits just fine but will drive me nuts, I will get another one when I make another order.

JW, I got that hat too. My son took it somewhere in the house, I will find it and give it to TennJeep, you guys can fight over it.

kendive

Master
    Re-Scoped the Browning A-Bolt .30-06 and Got the Barrel Shroud and Magpul Grip for the Keltec CMR-30

14880553501185_zpskc2pfxcl.jpg

14880553500044_zpssnqe131d.jpg

14880536067451_zpsxmxjsc0h.jpg

Daezee

Master
    I reload day after day for hours in the cool months. I reload until my leg hurts from the standing than take a break. Midway just emailed me they have S&W M&P 9 mags on sale, so I’ll probably order an extra and a holster for the M&P 9.

kendive

Master
    I reload day after day for hours in the cool months. I reload until my leg hurts from the standing than take a break. Midway just emailed me they have S&W M&P 9 mags on sale, so I’ll probably order an extra and a holster for the M&P 9.

Think I need to buy you a nice chair to reload with. :)

Last edited:

Daezee

Master
    I do have a bar stool and will experiment further with my technique. I get sore or tired of doing 1 task a long time, so often I have 3 or 4 things going on at the same or nearly the same time. Example: My RCBS charge master is weighing out a powder charge, I measure about 12-15 cases to see if they need trimming, separating the measured cases, sizing or belling cases, and priming other cases. In other words, I'm moving among tasks. When the charge master beeps, I finish that short task I'm on, walk to the charge master, transfer the powder charge, tell it to weigh the next charge and go back to one of the other tasks. When it comes to seating bullets and making sure each case has powder, I do those separate without distraction. Meanwhile, out on the porch, 1 or 2 tumblers are running if I have cases ready to be tumbled, either to clean fired cases or to remove sizing lube from cases. I know it sounds like I'm in a race...no, I take my time. I shoot 2 or more days per week.

kendive

Master
    Other than rebuilding the .22 Cricket Airgun today. I swapped out some sights. Took the Acog off the 10.5" .223 and put the EOTech on and took the lucid off the CMR-30 and put on the Trijicon MRO was gonna do the Trijicon RMR but maybe a little small for it...

Hey Daezee were gonna have to sight in the CMR-30 again. LOL

14881649448350_zpst2z2oewr.jpg

kendive

Master
    Reloaded 5 rounds of 35 Rem because Jason has been bugging me for years to do so. Just did five to run on the Chrony and I do own a 35 Rem The Marlin 336D Guide gun with Ported Barrel. I do believe they only made a 1000 of these. The deer that is on our wall was taken by this gun at 80 yards.

Also loaded some more 220gr 300 Blackout Subsonics while I was out there in the shop.

14882070796964_zpsfp9vhcri.jpg

14882070796723_zpszns7zizl.jpg

14882070799465_zpsymdo3jct.jpg

I know no pic it did not happen. Here is the my first buck taken when I lived in Lawrenceville, GA. I was spoiled with access to 100 acres with a 5 acre lake within 2 miles of the house and private property.

14882083395496_zps4hack94c.jpg

Last edited:

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Love that Marlin. A 336C in 35 Rem was my first centerfire and killed my first deer. I have a 1976 model but it's not my original.

07stuntin6r

Marksman
    Got a BCM mod 3 handle today from precision for my 308 build now I can keep my nitride bcg in the upper . Just waiting for Aero to get some lowers in so I can order...maybe a blemished one to save some $.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    67a202bfebf4ab1fd7ac11f50e81ed82.jpg

madeSICC88

Master
    Oh OK just though you were waiting for stock anywhere, a lot of places are out of stock on them.
    I would wait too for that price.

Daezee

Master
    Kendive called. Asked me to bring my Sterling L2A3 over. A friend of his had sold his 9mm pistol and had 9mm ammo to shoot up. Heck yes I'll be there when there's free ammo. We only got to fire it 200rds when the pin holding the locking lever (holds the stock in place when extended) fell out along with the locking lever. Ken found the locking lever, but the pin was too small to spot in the grass and leaves. Not to worry...I have 3 parts kits from when the "getting parts kits was good" time. When I got home, I replaced the pin and put in a couple of small dimples to help hold it in place. Still had a great time with grins on all faces. I did find my Sterling will feed hollow point ammo too.

Top Bottom