• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rtprthd

Master
    You'll definitely have to post a review thread for it once you get it in and mess with it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Rapier

Marksman
    There goes the $1,500 price celling, it only stings for a minute. Then it gets easier to swallow $2,000. Hope your desire and expectation come together in one scope.
    Ed

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    glad to see someone stimulating the economy....

with opm....other peoples money (other than mine)

I want to see the pimples on a gnat's hiney for that kind of jack..

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    There goes the $1,500 price celling, it only stings for a minute. Then it gets easier to swallow $2,000. Hope your desire and expectation come together in one scope.
    Ed

Yeah, I was originally trying to keep it under $1500, but to get a QUALITY 1-8, I found out that I was going to have to spend a little more. This one retails for $2300-2400.

glad to see someone stimulating the economy....

with opm....other peoples money (other than mine)

I want to see the pimples on a gnat's hiney for that kind of jack..

For that kind of money, I could get a very nice long range scope. This is going to serve a very differ purpose, however.

I currently have a Vortex Viper PST 1-4x on my main multi-gun rifle. While shooting a 2 gun match last year at K&M, I couldn't see if I was hitting the targets out past 200 yards and some of the RO's weren't calling hits. I'm upgrading to the 1-8x so I'll be able to see what I'm shooting at past 300 yards, in addition to seeing my hits. This type of low power, variable scope costs a lot of money if you want clear glass. It's by far the most expensive piece of glass I've ever bought, probably slightly more than the cost of the rifle.

Snow Bird

Master
    Tried to O the $80 dollar Bushnell scope on my 22 Want to be AR and there windage won't go far enought right at 25 yards to hit the dot so I will try to take it back.

Guess I should have got that 1750 Scope that TennJeep bought.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Nice TennJeep, What reticle does it have?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

It's got the 8C MIL reticle in the first focal plane:

88b3ae9f71d87d84ba3fb2c714a1da46.jpg

But what's really cool is that it's got a red dot that shows up a low magnification in the second focal plane. Seems like the best of both worlds.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

madeSICC88

Master
    Awesome. Sounds interesting. I'd like to check it out once you get it.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    I knew it...one of them there red dot lighted cross hairy thingamabobbers ..

that the official name....

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Detents and springs...will make you lose your ambition and motivation evrytime. Gotta pick up a spare parts kit tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Rapier

Marksman
    Curiosity got me, so I Googled the scope and there is a You Tube vid of a guy shooting what appears to be some kind of simulated sniper course with the scope. The vid starts with the shooter in a high tower and ends with him shooting out of a moving van, from the back. Appears to be quite a game layout on a big piece of property.

That is my favorite reticle, plain center, mill dot with a lit red dot that is not visible, until it is turned on. That dot should should give you a quick target acquisition in your comfort close range. Very nice long eye relief for that 1x8, seems like it has everything for the rifle action events.
    Ed

ksenter

Master
    picked up my rifle from Howard @ Rumble Wepnz today. He tuned my factory Rem700 trigger down to 1lb 14oz and it feels amazing. Also had him install a Badger oversize bolt lift knob and again his work turned out fantastic. The only nit-pick thing I have is the bolt knob is just off center, but only noticeable upon close inspection. His 1 week turnaround time was excellent in my opinion. Look the guy up if you need some work done.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    It's got the 8C MIL reticle in the first focal plane:

88b3ae9f71d87d84ba3fb2c714a1da46.jpg

But what's really cool is that it's got a red dot that shows up a low magnification in the second focal plane. Seems like the best of both worlds.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I got the scope yesterday and I need to amend my comment a little. It has a red dot that shows up in the second focal plane, but it doesn't disappear as you dial up in magnification.

For those not familiar with first vs second focal plane, this might not make a lot of sense, so I might try to make a video once I get the scope mounted.

So the reticle is in the first focal plane, which means the subtensions stay the same in relation to the target, no matter the magnification (the crosshairs get bigger as you zoom in, looking through the scope). The red dot is in the second focal plane (about 2.5MOA on 1x, I believe), which means that the dot appears the same inside the scope, no matter the magnification (like most typical hunting scopes where the reticle appears the same in the scope, no matter the magnification). The effect is that the dot appears smaller in relation to the target, the further you zoom in. I believe that this scope will be very effective for my purposes. I'm hoping that my exiting Warne mount will work, but I may have to buy an extended mount in order to get the eye relief correct. I plan on trying to mount it this evening.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom