• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Well...Unfortunately I don't think this USO SR-8C is going to work out. Even with it mounted as far forward as possible in the extended mount, I still can't quite get my desired eye relief without moving my head slightly backwards. And on top of that, the magnification ring is right in line with my offset irons and it has so much magnification adjustment that I don't believe I'll be able to use a switchview lever without it hitting the upper on both sides... I guess I'll stick it up for sale and look for a Vortex Razor 1-6 or something along those lines.

SAWMAN

Master
    I am not familiar with your course of fire. Would you please explain to me why you guys seem to need offset irons ??

My only guess would be accuracy and/or speed of target acquisition at the extremely close ranges. ---> ?? --- SAWMAN

madeSICC88

Master
    Dang that's a bummer. What's the advertised eye relief? Thats weird it has to be that far forward.
    Could you extend your stock just slightly to make it more natural to place your head a little further back but still be comfortable?

FWIW I saw a Vortex Razor HD 1-6 on the equipment exchange on AR15

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I am not familiar with your course of fire. Would you please explain to me why you guys seem to need offset irons ??

My only guess would be accuracy and/or speed of target acquisition at the extremely close ranges. ---> ?? --- SAWMAN

It's all about speeding up transitions. If the courses of fire contain 300 yard targets and 10 yard targets from the same position, you don't want to take the time to dial your scope in between. It's much faster to rotate the gun 45 degrees and use the irons for the close targets. If there is any movement in between, then you're probably better off dialing the scope. I got these offset irons for my birthday a few weeks ago and I haven't decided if they'll make a difference to me or not. Even without the irons, I still believe a switchview would be basically useless due to the large amount of magnification adjustment. The adjustment ring seems to rotate about 270 degrees or more.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Dang that's a bummer. What's the advertised eye relief? Thats weird it has to be that far forward.
    Could you extend your stock just slightly to make it more natural to place your head a little further back but still be comfortable?

FWIW I saw a Vortex Razor HD 1-6 on the equipment exchange on AR15

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I run the stock 1 notch from the furthest out. I tried extending it that one extra notch, but then it felt like I had a hard time mounting/dismounting it and the eye relief still wasn't quite right.

This scope has a weird shape that doesn't allow it to have a very large adjustment fore and aft, seen below:

us_optics_sr_8c_h50_1_8x27_sr_8c_riflescope_horus_1061881_zpsxqhwxohl.jpg

SAWMAN

Master
    Yeah,the 270deg rotation you mentioned is waaaay too much for the speed thing. Could you put any kind of "stop" on it or is it beneficial to go all the way up in magnification for the 300yd targets.

What size are your targets ?? COM,10 ring,etc. ?? --- SAWMAN

MarkS

Master
    Picked up 5000 SP Primers, 600 9mm bullets and 78 rounds of 55gr 5.56 from jdubya87 this morning, time to fire up the press.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Yeah,the 270deg rotation you mentioned is waaaay too much for the speed thing. Could you put any kind of "stop" on it or is it beneficial to go all the way up in magnification for the 300yd targets.

What size are your targets ?? COM,10 ring,etc. ?? --- SAWMAN

The whole point of me buying a 1-8x is to be able use the full range of magnification, so if I were to only dial up to 6x, I might as well have saved $500 and bought a Vortex 1-6x.

The target sizes vary anywhere from 4" square steel targets to full size IPSC "torso's" and the targets can be anywhere from about 3 yards out to 300 or more, depending on the match.

Dan1612

Master
    Mail call!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461798671.309695.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461798671.309695.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461798671.309695.jpg
      57 KB · Views: 139

Snow Bird

Master
    Anyone else get pissed trying to order over the internet? Of course you have. I have been trying to order 2k rounds of 223 for the last 2 days before the election and won't even think about the new cuss words I have invented.
    Finally got 1k ordered after emails back and forth. Tell me they don't haave a order for me and I keep telling them that there site won't let me finish it. Get to where it says review and pay and there damn site won't go any farther. Got a phone no so I can just call you. NOOOOOO.
    Well finally got that one done and being a glutton for punshment here I go again and try another site. They must use the same server because this one starts doing about the same thing except this one stops where they figure the shipping charges for you. Well horse hocky....But I do get a phone no to pop up. Call it and get a damn answering machine and to leave a message, well I didn't leave the message I would have liked to but you can talk to a real person sometime during the day.
    Tomorrow I guess I will try to order another 1k Wish me luck.:frusty:

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I don't trust any online company that gives me that much hassle when most now are easy, too easy. I would go somewhere else.

kendive

Master
    Got and installed the FDE Magpul Stock and Mag kit for my Rem 700 16.5 .308

14615204429540_zps7tzwo0bd.jpg

TK5o

Master
    I have been thinking about that exact stock. What mags will it take and how does the magpul bedding block compare to a chassis system?

kendive

Master

kendive

Master
    I find it pretty comical that everyone has there own version of FDE. Even Keltec can't decide on one shade of it. Yes the two bottom guns are made by keltec and two different shades of FDE. WTF...

14618622561210_zpsry5vcgvm.jpg

Top Bottom