• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    its Photoshop until you get a holster built for it. Too many bites of the Glock apple and you may be cast out of the Garden of 1911. Lol

Probably not going to get a holster for it, because I'll have to go with one of these due to the optic mount: http://w.iwebcenters.com/bbenterprise2/ecommerce/cr-speed-holsters-accessories/cr-spd-wsm-ii-hlstr-modified-glock-xd-mp.cfm

GSSF doesn't require a holster, so no worries there. The Garden of 1911 is too pretentious for me. I won't miss it.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I tried to get to the range yesterday afternoon for one last live fire session before the match this weekend, but the Marine Police were still there when I passed by after work. Luckily the weather seems like it will hold out for me today, so I'm going to try again this afternoon.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    The rain held off and I was able to get in a good live fire practice session yesterday afternoon. I ended up putting about 250 rounds downrange. I'll talk a little about it and the last live fire session in my training thread.

Yesterday I also traded a gun, swapped some sights, received the battery needed for the C-More on my frankenglock, and put a gun up for sale.

Rapier

Marksman
    Got up to the shop today and delivered four plastic and two cardboard moving boxs full of tools, bullets, brass, etc. It started getting real black on the hozizon so I deeded. Got back in time to start loading more boxes with parts, more brass and more brass. I am beginning to feel like daylight is just over the next hill.
    Ed

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Packing the range bag and going thru some clean/check on the equipment for this weekends match. Super stoked about shooting in a big match, although a little nervous too. All the practice and prep goes out the window when the buzzer goes off...
    9ccd499bdc9377d9a9075bea62215df6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ryan

Master
    good luck. I picked up my new M&P9L Pro that's all ESPd out...except the range in my new town is voting to drop idpa for 4 weeks of uspsa lol.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    good luck. I picked up my new M&P9L Pro that's all ESPd out...except the range in my new town is voting to drop idpa for 4 weeks of uspsa lol.
    That'll still work in USPSA, probably Limited division. Just need a few more mag carriers.

Ryan

Master
    That'll still work in USPSA, probably Limited division. Just need a few more mag carriers.

from my keyboard warrioring on brian enos everyone says to shoot minor in limited/l10 isn't fun but I suck at shooting anyway so I might just do it and have fun. I'm waiting for my springfield professional to one day come in and i'll go back to the 1911 life lol.

I honestly might just swap the trigger so I can shoot production/SSP.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    That's an option for sure, I shoot Limited minor mainly because it was an easy and inexpensive transition from idpa.

madeSICC88

Master
    Finally got out to the range yesterday morning and was able to run 120 rounds through my new rifle. Don't have the funds to spend on some glass for it yet so I just swapped over the BUS off my other rifle to use for this trip.
    I've shot a few rifles with adjustable gas systems/ lightweight internals before but this is the first time I've ever really tuned it myself and once I found the sweet spot with the XM855 I was using, it ran so smooth. I ran about 90 rounds through it as fast as I could somewhat accurately squeeze the trigger and was able to keep them within 4-5inch group at 25yds, I was standing with my body and rifle preloaded with a 4x4 pole. No way I would of been able to stay on the plate without it, I had some mean coffee jitters.
    Now its time to save up the $$ for some glass before the end of May. Will most likely go with the Strike Eagle for now with a Aero Precision mount.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

MarkS

Master
    Bought a Savage 110 in 30/06 this afternoon was suppose to get it tomorrow but got lucky when the guy that had it came home early today.

MarkS

Master
    Picked up 1K rounds of 9mm from Carbmofo and the 44 mag fishingjean had for sale. Worked out great met them both at the same spot with Denny getting there right after me and just a few minutes before Carbmofo, was great meeting them .

Last edited:

rtprthd

Master
    Not as pretty as the one posted a page or two back. But I've been wanting one for about four years and finally got it. Now I just gotta make it to the range and to Jogans.

IMG_20160406_180238.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20160406_180238.jpg
      IMG_20160406_180238.jpg
      621.8 KB · Views: 185
    Top Bottom