• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    it's more competition geared over the carry holster. nobody's gonna conceal this type of holster with just a t-shirt....lol

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    The second set of sights were delivered yesterday afternoon, so I installed them while watching the Lady Vols disappointing basketball game. It's kinda goofy putting Dawson Competition sights on a Glock 26, but I REALLY like the sight picture they give. I ought to be able to get some decent precision at the GSSF match in a couple weeks.

Then, I did some research on whether or not its worth upgrading my Dillon 650 to a 1050 while watching the Super Bowl. I'm still undecided.

I got a new muzzle brake in for my multi gun rifle last week and I realized that I don't want to remove the optic in order to clamp the upper in a vice to install the new brake. I've heard great things about the Magpul Bev Block and saw that Primary Arms has them on sale right now for $41 shipped, so I just ordered one.

After almost 2 months, I finally installed and tuned the Ares Armor Effin-A MKII for my multi gun rifle. I didn't follow the directions to begin with and found that I was chasing my tail trying to get it dialed in, so I went back and removed all of the plugs (per the instructions) and fired 2 shots before starting to add plugs where they were needed. Once I got it just right, I found that I REALLY like it. At 4x, the crosshairs never leaves an 8" paper plate at 25 yards during recoil (shooting standing, unsupported). At 10yds, I can shoot 10 rounds as fast as I can pull the trigger and they are all in a 3" group.

I'm going to order one for my 16" backup comp rifle as well. I can get a better deal if I order 5 or more, so let me know if you're interested so we can get a group buy going (http://www.graniteridgeoutfitters.com/Ares-Armor-EFFIN-A-Compensator-556-MKII-EFFIN-A-MKII-556.htm).

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    May I please ask,what is your "theory" for using a Glock 26 in a GSSF match ?? Is there a special category for that size pistols ?? --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Understood .... I did not know that. Thanks --- SAWMAN

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    In addition to installing and tuning the new comp on one of my rifles, I did a lot of other gun stuff this weekend. I used one of my new (expensive) punches to remove the old (cheap) punch from my SPO1 frame, installed the new CGW trigger pin and reduced power trigger spring, swapped most of the parts out in two different AR lowers so I could install them in different rifles, then I fought through an out of spec gas block or gas tube to install a new ARP barrel in my backup competition AR. I also installed a +8 magazine extension tube and new front sight on my new Stoeger M3K, in prepration for some 3 gun matches sometime soon. I still need to open up the loading port a little and learn to quad load first, though.

madeSICC88

Master
    That's good that the stuck punch didn't stretch out the hole any. Did you get that Ares comp from Granite Ridge? They had them on sale a while back, not sure if they still are.

No gun stuff for me lately but I should get off here pretty soon and hit the range up finally.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    That's good that the stuck punch didn't stretch out the hole any. Did you get that Ares comp from Granite Ridge? They had them on sale a while back, not sure if they still are.

No gun stuff for me lately but I should get off here pretty soon and hit the range up finally.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    Yes, I got it at granite ridge. They are higher now than when I bought mine.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Ahhhh My eyes!!

Thats uhhh...... interesting. Just kidding, Its pretty awesome. Whats it for?
    I built it for GSSF Unlimited mainly, but it could be turned into a USPSA Open gun with just a recoil spring change and extended basepads. I'm waiting on a new spring/guiderod from Carver because the factory one won't work with the comp.

Mainly I had some money in the gun fund and saw the magwell, barrel, comp and cmore mount pop up for sale and thought "eh, why not? "

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Ahhhh My eyes!!

Thats uhhh...... interesting. Just kidding, Its pretty awesome. Whats it for?

did you not read the other thread? it is clearly a hammer, for nailing small pictures up, with a level built in. saw an article about it...

I think...

Top Bottom