• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I sold a couple of extra 2011 magazine tubes I had laying around yesterday evening. This morning, I ordered some once fired 9mm brass (I don't sort my normal 9mm brass, but I specifically need new or once fired brass for 9mm major), a 170mm magazine, mag gauge, and some more pasters. I still need to buy a caliber conversion for my 650, but I'm going to hold off until I get a couple more things sold this week.

The gun will be delivered to the FFL today, but it's looking like it'll be later on this week before I can pick it up. As much as I want to get it ASAP, I won't get a chance to shoot it for a couple weeks, at the earliest.

madeSICC88

Master
    Drop it off to me. I'll take it out and give you a report. Seems like the best thing for you to do.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Drop it off to me. I'll take it out and give you a report. Seems like the best thing for you to do.

It's not necessarily for lack of time. I've just got to wait on all the stuff to get here. A couple mags should be here tomorrow, but I've got to wait on the brass before I can load for it. I might give it a shot with some of the minor 9mm loads I shoot in all my other guns, but I'm not sure if it will run with those.

pcolagunner

Master
    I haven't shot it yet, going Wed after work to shoot. BTW, Tennjeep I used your YouTube video for reference on the trigger install!

pcolagunner

Master
    It thought it was well done. Thought it was good to see you run into the safety issue. Helps seeing the possible snags. Only thing I would say was the audio wasn't great.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    It thought it was well done. Thought it was good to see you run into the safety issue. Helps seeing the possible snags. Only thing I would say was the audio wasn't great.

The audio is bad. I was trying to use a shotgun mic on the camera and it just didn't work very well. Since then, I bought a lapel mic and it works much, much better. The $35 trigger job video is the only one I've shot since then.

madeSICC88

Master
    Ordered the last stuff for my 1911 I needed. Waiting on the guy that Kennys Gun Room recommends to give me a call so i can get that all agreed upon and get that over to him asap as soon as the last of my parts get here.
    Still trying to figure out the colorway I want to go with.

I told him TennJeep referred them to me and he paused and said he has to double charge me now, so that sucks.

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    ^
    Black over sniper gray with black vz operator II grips and all black small parts.

madeSICC88

Master
    That was my original plan, I also thought about doing a dark blue instead of grey as well.

I also like the look of a single color frame and slide and then small parts a different color.

Dan1612

Master
    I've seen black and blue and it looks like mismatched black. I personally like black and black and gray. Bronze seems to be en vogue at the moment. Not my cup of tea, but neat of you just want something different.

madeSICC88

Master
    I cant see colors for shit so that probably makes my judgment a little different then what most people see, I really like the darker colors, there wont be anything crazy or too unusual about the color scheme that I end up choosing, Black and grey is definetley in the front running though.
    I was looking last night and saw one i really liked thinking it was a really dark grey and green, showed my wife and shes like that freaking blue and brown. haha so she will be double checking the colors i pick before I put the work order in.

madeSICC88

Master
    No sir, I have a Colt Gov that my dad had given me a few years ago that he had for quite some time.
    The blue is wearing pretty thin and I noticed some rust. I'm going to get it cerakoted to keep it clean and do a little bit of changes/reconditioning to it.

Installed a new WC grip safety and hammer, also have a full pin set and spring set to replace the old stuff when it gets all done.

After it gets cerakoted I'll get some matching VZ grips and possibly change out the sights and call it good.

Last edited:

rtprthd

Master
    No sir, I have a Colt Gov that my dad had given me a few years ago that he had for quite some time.
    The blue is wearing pretty thin and I noticed some rust. I'm going to get it cerakoted to keep it clean and do a little bit of changes/reconditioning to it.

Installed a new WC grip safety and hammer, also have a full pin set and spring set to replace the old stuff when it gets all done.

After it gets cerakoted I'll get some matching VZ grips and possibly change out the sights and call it good.

Now I remember the posts. Let us know how it turns out. I've got a sweet 16 my grandfather gave me that needs some TLC.

Dan1612

Master
    A Colt is a fantastic place to start with mods.
    I would've sent it to Berryville for frame tightening and the whole package, but that's just me. Regardless, I'm sure it'll turn out great. Keep us posted.

madeSICC88

Master
    I really considered getting it professionally tuned and refined but for as much as I have/ will shoot it, I just don't think it would of been worth it for me.
    As long as I never shoot a high end 1911 then I won't know what I'm missing out on right??..

Top Bottom