Have you seen the specs on that thing?
    Really impressive.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

then we all should be driving a KIA.

besides, specs can change. just ask Eotech :lol:

Last edited:

madeSICC88

Master
    Haha I drive a Daewoo that Chevy tries to pass off as their own. Much worse.

Didn't do much gun stuff today. Talked with the Cerakote guy today and went over what I was expecting and some color ways I might go with and his thoughts. Going to meet up with him this weekend to look at some of his work and make sure I'm happy with his work before we move on with the job.

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I ordered some more stuff yesterday and today to prepare to load 9mm major. If all goes well, I ought to have everything in hand by next Tuesday.

This afternoon I went stopped by the range to confirm the POI for a couple Glocks I'll be shooting at the GSSF match this weekend. While I was there, I learned 2 things. 1) I dislike factory Glock sights at 25yds. 2) My longer distance "match mode" sight picture wasn't what I thought it was. I'll explain more in my training journal thread tomorrow when I have time.

Also tomorrow, I'll finally get a chance to pick up my open gun from my FFL. I can't wait!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Skippy02

Marksman
    Swapped some scopes around, listed some items for sale and planned a shooting date with a buddy for tomorrow to diagnose an ejection/extraction issue on his new Matrix AR 10

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Rapier

Marksman
    I ordered some more stuff yesterday and today to prepare to load 9mm major. If all goes well, I ought to have everything in hand by next Tuesday.

Are you doing 9x19 major just to do it or are you running the longer than 19 in 9mm? I understood years ago, all disciplines banned 9x19 major, plus increased the power factor to stop 9x19 making major. I ran 9x19 major for several years when it was legal, in IPSC. Gun I used was a Tarus 92 single action that was substantially altered, load was hard cast 160 RN 38 Super bullets over AA-#7 w rifle primers.
    Ed

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter

Are you doing 9x19 major just to do it or are you running the longer than 19 in 9mm? I understood years ago, all disciplines banned 9x19 major, plus increased the power factor to stop 9x19 making major. I ran 9x19 major for several years when it was legal, in IPSC. Gun I used was a Tarus 92 single action that was substantially altered, load was hard cast 160 RN 38 Super bullets over AA-#7 w rifle primers.
    Ed

I'll be loading normal 9x19 at around 170-175PF in a 2011 platform. It is currently legal in USPSA. I'll be using either 115's or 125's going very fast and with enough gas to work the compensator and they'll be loaded out to probably 1.160-1.170" OAL. I've got HS-6, Autocomp and VV 3N38 as powders to try. I'll be doing some experimenting with different types of primers as well. The Federal GM SPP's I've been using for all my other competition loading might be a little too soft for the pressure.

Idoono

Master
    That's pretty sick!
    I think David has these. If I grabbed one, and once my can got out of jail, I could be as cool as Sawman.

Skip the x-sight. I was going to put mine on my 308 but it is too bulky for that type of rifle (AR).

Idoono

Skippy02

Marksman
    Off to the range to plink and try to figure out my friends AR 10 random failure to eject & extract issue.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Rapier

Marksman
    "I'll be loading normal 9x19 at around 170-175PF in a 2011 platform. It is currently legal in USPSA. I'll be using either 115's or 125's going very fast and with enough gas to work the compensator and they'll be loaded out to probably 1.160-1.170" OAL. I've got HS-6, Autocomp and VV 3N38 as powders to try. I'll be doing some experimenting with different types of primers as well. The Federal GM SPP's I've been using for all my other competition loading might be a little too soft for the pressure."

This is the 9mm I spoke of.
    Ed

Attachments

• image.jpeg
      image.jpeg
      25 KB · Views: 159

madeSICC88

Master
    That's what I was kind if thinking when he had first asked the question yesterday, I've only ever shot AR 10s that were set up for +1000yd so they were heavy bastards. So me picturing a red dot on it seems weird.
    Maybe its a HD rifle?? Haha

Dan1612

Master
    There's a T-1 on it right now. Keeps the weight down, it's very light for a 308 with its fluted 14.5" barrel. The logic is that I'll set up all three of my Wilson ARs with micros and grab a magnifier to play musical rifles, depending on when, where and what I'm shooting.
    I've never shot beyond 135yds, so really, magnification isn't really needed, but I know I'll need some for PTAC, and it would be good to have for my Georgia deer trip. This way, there's no swapping optics, just the magnifier, and all weight is kept to a minimum.
    This is will be the host for the T-2 (with the T-1) it'll be in a Wilson mount though.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444961621.997646.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444961621.997646.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444961621.997646.jpg
      42.8 KB · Views: 214
    Had a busy last couple of days. Yesterday, I sold the Norinco 1911A1 to a guy that drove all the way from Orlando to buy it. Today, I picked up some .223 and 5.56 ammo that was for sale on the forum. I also just returned from Pace where I traded the Mitchell Arms Gold Series '95 for a SIG P238. I had been wanting one of these for a while. It has been a good couple of days. Not to worry guys, I still have eleven 1911s left. Now, if I can just get the G1 and the PTR-91 sold.

Another good day in the gun world. I sold another 1911 (Israel Arms Ltd M-5000) I had. At least someone else can have more enjoyment with it. I rarely ever shot it.

Snow Bird

Master
    Installed a extended mag release,extended saftey and a magwell on the Springfield Range Officer, Now to shoot it tomorrow.

Shot a little today. Cleaning some brass now.

Last edited:

Hossfly72

Marksman
    Fluffed and buffed my Keltec P-11 almost a year ago and haven't had time, money or enough ammo to blow on test firing it since then. FINALLY got to the range today and ran 100 rounds down it's throat.
    50 115gr Tula Brass- 2 failures to return to battery
    50 Remington 115gr- zero problems
    10 hollow points- no problems

If I can get it to take 100 of whatever I try to choke with, I'll call it trustworthy and put it into carry rotation.

The Sar B6P Compact functioned flawlessly with the 50/50 mix and also the hollow point testers.
    It's also dead nutz accurate and is fun to shoot and still my EDC.

Top Bottom