• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well, just got back from Lowes in Pace and it's official, 100% self checkout now...and you would be surprised I had to sit there and wait on help.
    I'll be sure to check the registers BEFORE I try to buy anything there again. I'm not gonna patronize any establishment that makes me check out my own s!!t. You can PAY me to do it maybe. Maybe.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Just buy it online and scan the barcode at the locker. All the stuff is there waiting for you.

ratio411

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    i went to lowes today. they have now installed all new checkouts, ALL SELF CHECKOUT. there is no choice now, at least in the front of the store. i didnt look at the lumber checkout. i dont understand why they think i want to do the job for them. but i told the manager that i would be going to homedepot now. he said they are doing it too. then i will go to halls hardware and pay the extra price. and that is what i will do whenever possible. i hate this self checkout stuff. we are paying to do the job for them. and it will result in lost jobs and not one cent in cost savings for us. i have decided that if i do have to shop there, and i know i will sometimes, i will simply tell the person standing there that i have a learning disability and cannot check myself out. maybe if enough folks refused to do it they would think again.
    I haven’t been in a Lowes for several months, but since I work for a builder I use the contractor’s register. I assume they are not going self checkout for the contractor register. Just go to that side and check out.

The only time I use self check is when the lines are long and one of the people that monitors self check tries to lure me over. Usually if you refuse they offer to check for you, so it’s like a regular register at that point. Otherwise I refuse to check myself. Screw that.

hallb

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Just buy it online and scan the barcode at the locker. All the stuff is there waiting for you.
    The lowes in Pace removed that for some reason. Looks like they are getting ready to put some Fall display there. Can still go in and pick it up.

LordPorter1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Plus Lowes online now charges $80 for shipping so you can’t order and select ship to home anymore for a decent price. So angry about that. Checking out at Lowe’s has always been terrible. I buy my paint from the discount rack and the price difference is more than the associates can waive so I have to wait for 20 mins while they try to find a store manager. What joke, people wonder why Amazon is taking over.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Adding insult to injury, anyone else notice that you only get a military discount on select products now? Lowe's and Home Depot.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, Lowes / HD are sick of the "I served 2-1/2 years forty years ago" discount crowd.
    Damn near 40, DRGAS about Lowe's and HD, and FYVM. Proud to still be serving where others can't/won't. Yep, 99% are undeserving takers. :cool:

Last edited:

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Regardless if someone served in the military for 2 years or 40.... they served. They swore the oath and put in their time. I hold no ill will to those who served their Nation for a short term and walked away with an Honorable Discharge. Unless they walked into it with some letter from the POTUS saying they would never have to lift a finger or risk their skin, they had the same chances of Armageddon starting on their shift. They are part of the, what... 4% of the US population who are US Veterans?

4% of the population, as of the last stats I could find. That percentage will only get smaller as more of our honored elderly pass on, and that’s simply because this Nation isn’t recruiting or drafting like it used to for “global conflicts”.

If you’re an honorably discharged Veteran, you deserve whatever token of appreciation is offered.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Regardless if someone served in the military for 2 years or 40.... they served. They swore the oath and put in their time. I hold no ill will to those who served their Nation for a short term and walked away with an Honorable Discharge. Unless they walked into it with some letter from the POTUS saying they would never have to lift a finger or risk their skin, they had the same chances of Armageddon starting on their shift. They are part of the, what... 4% of the US population who are US Veterans?

4% of the population, as of the last stats I could find. That percentage will only get smaller as more of our honored elderly pass on, and that’s simply because this Nation isn’t recruiting or drafting like it used to for “global conflicts”.

If you’re an honorably discharged Veteran, you deserve whatever token of appreciation is offered.
    Disagree. Some 2.5 year Air Force nonner finance troop that did the M-F 8-5 job and got out is no where close to any of us that deployed and had boots in the sand.

jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Disagree. Some 2.5 year Air Force nonner finance troop that did the M-F 8-5 job and got out is no where close to any of us that deployed and had boots in the sand.
    Respectfully disagree. I went into the USMC specifically asking for a non-combat role (logistics) and very quickly found myself not only deployed to the Persian Gulf but also participating in the Operation Eastern Exit NEO op in Somalia, none of which I envisioned when enlisting basically to make some money for college. Most of us in my company were of the same mindset. I remember one particularly erudite lance corporal (I called him a warrior poet) said that were were basically "on standby to die." I say if you served, you served. Unless you are in a completely undeployable job, you can be placed in harm's way. And ask the deceased at NAS Pensacola or Ft. Hood about how safe serving stateside was.

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I prefer the self checkout because I can bag my stuff how I like, don’t want to talk to people, and it’s all around just more efficient for me because I rarely need assistance unless buying a restricted item like spray paint. If I’m doing that I’ll just save it until the person is free and call them over to punch a code a move on.

Also, for anyone worried about the facial recognition stuff, it’s everywhere and already unavoidable in any urban setting. Your phone has a camera taking front and back pics all day long of you, your private moments, your kids, and pretty much has every inch of urbanized society mapped out if it wanted to. Also, sunglasses and hat don’t stop facial recognition. Just ask anyone that uses it for their phone. iPhones even have an option to recognize different features with a COVID mask on. Your already cataloged and have been longer than you want to know.

Anyways I prefer self checkout. And don’t care if the idiot at the door asks for my receipt. Now if they start doing more crap like target and putting that trans crap in the stores then I’ll boycott them. Already boycotting target and Disney for their bs.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Based on data available through the alimighty internet, I concur. Information I saw says out of the living population, only about 5% will have ever served in any capacity, to include gaurd and reserve. Certainly the number that endure/survive long enough to earn a retirement is much less. Not one to fly my flag without good reason. Back on topic, if lowe's and home depot want to reduce the number of items they offer discounts on for military, ok then...

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    We use walmart delivery for things that walmart is good for like cleaning supplies and jars of spaghetti sauce, not much fresh vegetables or meat. I was dead set against it for a long time and then my wife won. I don't have to step foot in walmart for those things anymore and that's been great.

The people who deliver to us aren't walmart employees afaik its some third party company. We have some regular drivers that do a great job. I'm sure walmart sells her shopping data to advertisers or whatever but I don't think there is much that's nefarious about it besides that. Anyways just pointing out that not all new things are bad. Ideally though we would be self sufficient somewhere in bfe but then there is reality.
    I like going, bee line to sporting goods and scoop up all the 12ga! She tricked ya. Those women are smart!

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom