• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Self check outs, AI, digital currency, the future of the world!
    When you call customer service, you get an AI bot and they are getting “smarter” but for now, after you waste time with it, you get a girl from the PI making .50 per hour!
    Why is Bidum’s handlers letting millions of illegals in? New voters and cheap labor!
    There is a Bill in Congress now that will force them to use the materials purchased to build the border wall! So the elected criminals are selling it all right now for pennies, so there will be not materials left!

.22 cents

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1
    There are McDonalds and gas stations with no workers now. Just robots to hand you your food. Its trash food anyway. Stores like Whole Foods are starting to go no cashiers. Just walk in with your digital ID and AI knows everything you put in the cart and bills you. After they replace all cashiers they’ll replace shelf stockers with bots. They don’t care about people. They call it “The Fourth Industrial Revolution” and your job will be gone someday too. Go to a living cashier’s aisle :) F the robo checkout.

SGT58

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    They're making money buy replacing people with machines, so they think. Gone is the day of the "expert" in any area of the store. If i see gray hair, I'll ask. Otherwise, I'll just figure it out. Yeah, HD has gone the same way....
    Makes me think of the old Crankshaft comic strip. Mega Mart came to town and the Hardware store closed as a result. Crankshaft goes to buy a single bolt and finds nothing but plastic bags of multiples. He opens the bag and gets the one bolt he needs. Takes it to the young girl at the checkout. She’s baffled. "Wasn‘t this in a little bag or something?" He says "yeah". She says "Well where is it?" "Back there on the shelf with the other 5 I don’t want."

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I do the same thing at Home Depot and Lowes as I do at Walmart.

I buy online.

With Walmart I choose home delivery but with Lowes and Home Depot I do the curbside pickup.

I know its not always possible but when it is feasible that's what I do.

The less I go into these places, the less I have to deal with their excrement.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    More fun with FUBAR online inventories. Had to buy some parts for an irrigation timer that HD carried, but were only available at the Pensacola HD. Being in the Destin HD for another reason I thought, WTH, let's have a look. Sure 'nuff, freakin' bin of 50. My experiences with Lowes have been similar. Takeaway, technology is only as "smart" as the people who manage/maintain it. If you've asked an "expert" at either store, you know.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Last time I was there I had a cart full of lumber so I had no choice. The line kept growing with lumber carts as a karen was trying up the checkout with some karen BS, I mean it was on going for 20 minutes. Finally they opened another check out and everybody moved there. I was third in line when I was finally heading to the door, looked back and the karen still had the check out tied up.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    if i need to do self checkout, i do the job same as the stores employees would. if they complain, i'll explain to them they don't pay me enough to do the job well...

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I do the same thing at Home Depot and Lowes as I do at Walmart.

I buy online.

With Walmart I choose home delivery but with Lowes and Home Depot I do the curbside pickup.

I know its not always possible but when it is feasible that's what I do.

The less I go into these places, the less I have to deal with their excrement.
    Having ordered, inspected, and refused several "heavy" items, I will not buy anything over 20 lbs without opening the box and inspecting it from all angles.

Theory: the people they hire at these places can barely lift themselves off the couch. Anything they consider "heavy" is dropped/rolled around, and usually damaged in some way. The standard "manager" excuse is it came off the truck that way. So you put it out on the floor for sale? W-T-F?!

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I was in the Lowe's in Pace today, same number of self-checkout as before and plenty of cashiers.
    that is just not true. not one bit. i was there today. as the photo shows, the main checkout has had new self checkouts installed. one representative was there to help if there was a problem in any of the checkouts. there is now one regular checkout on the far east side. when i was there it was not manned. i also noticed that several of the checkouts were card only.

i dont care how you fall on this subject. some people like self checkout and some dont. i respect that. what motivation you have to say it isnt so when it obviously is...i dont know.

Attachments

• 20230903_152810_resized.jpg
      20230903_152810_resized.jpg
      512.2 KB · Views: 35

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    that is just not true. not one bit. i was there today. as the photo shows, the main checkout has had new self checkouts installed. one representative was there to help if there was a problem in any of the checkouts. there is now one regular checkout on the far east side. when i was there it was not manned. i also noticed that several of the checkouts were card only.

i dont care how you fall on this subject. some people like self checkout and some dont. i respect that. what motivation you have to say it isnt so when it obviously is...i dont know.
    So what you're trying to say is…

iu

<HUMOR people, HUMOR!!!!>

jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

You took this picture at the Lowe's in PACE FL? (Pea Ridge?). Or one of the other area Lowe's?

Top Bottom