• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Difference between me and the creepy old men with a dirty white beard and ghetto pony tail is…

I make this look GOOD…

iu

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i went to lowes today. they have now installed all new checkouts, ALL SELF CHECKOUT. there is no choice now, at least in the front of the store. i didnt look at the lumber checkout. i dont understand why they think i want to do the job for them. but i told the manager that i would be going to homedepot now. he said they are doing it too. then i will go to halls hardware and pay the extra price. and that is what i will do whenever possible. i hate this self checkout stuff. we are paying to do the job for them. and it will result in lost jobs and not one cent in cost savings for us. i have decided that if i do have to shop there, and i know i will sometimes, i will simply tell the person standing there that i have a learning disability and cannot check myself out. maybe if enough folks refused to do it they would think again.
    They're making money buy replacing people with machines, so they think. Gone is the day of the "expert" in any area of the store. If i see gray hair, I'll ask. Otherwise, I'll just figure it out. Yeah, HD has gone the same way....

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This is what you get when you demand more pay and benefits than your position can support.

They're all doing it. Stores, restaurants, you name it.

iu

hallb

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I bought a bunch of lumber the other day. I had to wait 45 minutes b/c they had big concrete filled boxes on top of the stacks of lumber outside and too lazy to go get the lift. She kept apologizing, they'll get you loaded up as soon as they get those off, we'll do all the loading. Well the two flunkies come out, one on the lift the other just walking along with him, get the concrete off and mosey on back in the store. Leaving me standing there to do all the loading. And load up I did, and load and load and load. Anyone need any lumber?

Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They also have software watching you, I know for a fact. Had 4 of the same items, threw 3 in bag, scanned 1 - 4 times. And beep, beep, beep alarm. Machine locks and Supervisor was called.

I thought this was interesting. Sounds like it stored the data and they charged her for everything when she got caught.

Police say 34-year-old TeddyJo Marie Fliam was using the self-checkout at an Alpena County Walmart when loss prevention workers noticed she wasn't scanning every item. Fliam became agitated and denied she was skipping items when confronted by a loss prevention worker and left the store, according to a report from Fox 2.

The incident caused the store to review its surveillance footage, which showed Fliam had stolen more than $1,000 in merchandise by not scanning it from the Walmart since April.

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They also have software watching you, I know for a fact. Had 4 of the same items, threw 3 in bag, scanned 1 - 4 times. And beep, beep, beep alarm. Machine locks and Supervisor was called.
    The bagging area has scales. Your cart has to match the weight in the bagging area, or you will have to wait for the supervisor to get back from smoke break.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I hate self check-out and would rather wait for a cashier than scan myself. As the OP says, stores make you do the work, cut jobs and don't adjust the price to reflect their reduced cost. I have tried self checkout a couple of times at Lowes because I was in a hurry but when it came time to reduce the price because of my Vet discount I had to wait for a person to come over to check my drivers license. The first time I did that I actually had to wait longer than someone that went through the checkout where there was a cashier.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The HORROR is REAL...

iu

I guess self-checkout is the "Manual Transmission" of this generation.

Some other generations just don't understand it… :p:p:p:p

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    I have mixed feelings about it. By putting in self check out, Lowe's is playing long ball. There is a substantial investment in new self check out machines. Lowe's hopes there will be a pay off sometime in the future by reducing their work force. Employees make up half if not more of a companies variable expenses. It's not just the wages that they are responsible for. It's medical/dental/eye/prescription drugs, vacation, paid holidays, paid sick time off, ya da, ya da, ya da. Side bar. I drive Langley from 9th to Scenic. There was a time not long ago there was one stop light and no yields between 9th and Scenic. However, there is an elementary school and the limit when going by the school is 20 or less. The rest of Langley was 30. Well for about a year a radar speedo devise was installed and monitoring traffic and letting the driver know they were over the limit. The speed limit was ignored so often that now that length of Langley has a turn around, a stop light, and two stop signs, and two yields. You know I'm getting to a moral. Drivers of Langley caused those interruption to be installed.by going over the limit. Did you think that employees would receive higher pay and more benefits and Lowe's wasn't going to do what they could to lower those variable costs? If drivers followed the speed limit on Langley would the interruptions been installed anyway? We'll never know for sure will we? Robots and AI is the future. Get over it.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Not me. If a self checkout is open, that's where I'm headed. Takes less time to check out and I get to skip painful small talk. Lol
    I definitely prefer it with groceries, so that I don't end up with frozen foods bagged on top of my bread, etc. (never put cold stuff next to your bread, since it will get condensation inside and start molding within a couple of days!), especially when I'm an hour from home and all the cold stuff has to go in an insulated bag besides : )

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I do know all the old men miss flirting with the women / girl cashiers - < hint, they think you creepy-AF >
    UNLESS you have a lot of money, then it's on like Donkey Kong! : )

Annaweb.jpg

Of course, you can always just wait until the old man croaks... and the chick is 10 - 20 years older... and clean up after him, if that's what floats your boat : )

Top Bottom