• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    pace. pea ridge. milton. sunday. 3 september. 2023.
    Brother I don't know what to tell you. My wife and I were both in the Pea Ridge / Pace location on Saturday and I certainly do not remember the full service registers having been converted to self checkout only. I asked my wife and she said she also saw the normal registers, as well as like 6 of the self checkouts on the right near the bathrooms. But then we also checked out in the garden center. So I don't know what to tell you. Maybe I was just seeing what I wanted to see because I've been going to that Lowe's ever since they first built it and the Walmart there in Pea Ridge.

Tommytwotone

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i dont see it as contradictory. He is willing to pay a little more to prove a point and not let the computer age be used for profit and job deletions. If more people stood up for their beliefs we would have a stronger voice...easy way out and free money has an incompetent person leading our country. Its kind of like downsizing our government jobs, at a lower level mind you, to be able to afford to send billions of dollars to other countries so they can build a corrupt government just like we have!!
    +1. Lowes is a disorganized mess, then they make you an unpaid employee. Been doing way more business with lical hardware stores lately.

hallb

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Lowe's in Pace still has non self service checkout lines....but rarely are they manned last few times I've been in there. The only one manned is the one that has a person working it in the self service checkout area...you know, to fix it when that shitty system doesn't work right.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Just leave your gun at home...

Not to derail the thread, but not necessarily.

Hurlburt Field allows you to bring it on base, if you have your CWL. Sure, you’ll leave it in the vehicle if you want to exit the vehicle... but that’s better than go without for the entire trip away from the house.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not to derail the thread, but not necessarily.

Hurlburt Field allows you to bring it on base, if you have your CWL. Sure, you’ll leave it in the vehicle if you want to exit the vehicle... but that’s better than go without for the entire trip away from the house.
    Duke Field is the same way

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Imagine not shopping at the Commissary and Exchange, where everyday is tax free, and no self check out.
    I grew up an Air Force brat in the ‘60s and ‘70s. Back then you didn’t hafta shop around, the base had the best prices.
    I recently went with a retired military friend to the shops on Eglin. I was shocked. No deals to be had (including the gun shop).
    I could beat those prices in several civilian stores.
    No taxes on groceries in civilian stores either.
    Probably best to get out and look around before assuming that the base has the best prices because they don’t anymore.
    I heard they used to be subsidized and several years ago they made them carry their own weight.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ^^^This is very true!^^^ When I got my PCS orders to the 20th SOS it said Eglin AFB Aux Field 9 (not Hurlburt Field). Duke was Eglin Aux Field 3 as I recall from 40 years ago. :rolleyes:
    Still is for both, installation commander's discretion as I mentioned above. Then again we have a new one on Eglin and no one has asked.

hallb

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Lowe's in Pace still has non self service checkout lines....but rarely are they manned last few times I've been in there. The only one manned is the one that has a person working it in the self service checkout area...you know, to fix it when that shitty system doesn't work right.

Well, just got back from Lowes in Pace and it's official, 100% self checkout now...and you would be surprised I had to sit there and wait on help.

Top Bottom