• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kvwillmsn79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I was thinking about trying 350 legend before all the craziness hit. May look back into it. Seems to be ammo available for a good price

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hunted today. Saw a 6pt. Lined up the shot, waited, shot and missed... or the deer absorbed the 6.8 rd. No blood, no hair. Either the asshole shooting, building or the 10.5 barrel dosent make enough power to exit the deer or I bopped the rifle scope in the last week.. Strike 2. Running out of time. I'm betting it was me. Maybe the guys at the camp are right and I need to get a Fudd gun. Taking the C308 - 308 rifle tomorrow maybe I can make up for my bad skills by using a larger caliber. I think I need a 12ga with buckshot. Pissed.
    This the same gun that had a POI shift (loose) two weeks ago? If so and things are still tight you may have creeping crosshair/adjustment slop-jump: minor tap can cause shifting! Make sure the screws under the scope W/E caps are secure (little ring screws, if present are finger tight only) If possible, do a boresight: 1."Box" Check. 2. Write down the crosshair center location shown in the borsighter, give the scope a few mild thumps you'd expect Zero to be maintained. Check that Zero is unchanged with the boresight. I do this after every installation. If good: SlipMark the fasteners and from Ring to scope tube. At a glance you will know if anything backs off or shifts externally as slipmark will show it by misaligned lines or cracks.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    This the same gun that had a POI shift (loose) two weeks ago? If so and things are still tight you may have creeping crosshair/adjustment slop-jump: minor tap can cause shifting! Make sure the screws under the scope W/E caps are secure (little ring screws, if present are finger tight only) If possible, do a boresight: 1."Box" Check. 2. Write down the crosshair center location shown in the borsighter, give the scope a few mild thumps you'd expect Zero to be maintained. Check that Zero is unchanged with the boresight. I do this after every installation. If good: SlipMark the fasteners and from Ring to scope tube. At a glance you will know if anything backs off or shifts externally as slipmark will show it by misaligned lines or cracks.
    No this is the 6.8 upper, scope issue was the 450b. Very good idea on the slip marks. The 6.8 has a nikon p tac with open turrets. It's set on the same #'s as it was when 0. I'm guessing it's just me. I should have installed the mbt2 trigger, using the psa enhanced trigger. Not bad but definitely not the mbt2. Thanks!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Caution: - -> I have tried to help James in the past. BUT . . . ??
    Don't make me show the pic's of the 277 and 268 pound bore hogs that I shot thru the shield with my 10.5" 6.8 . . . PLEASE !!
    Given the scope is mounted properly (??),the problem is you are anticipateing recoil or the lack of "follow thru".
    ANY shot at deer deserves a through and complete tracking job. Hands and knees lookng for blood,the white hanky trick,etc,etc. A clean miss is great,especially on a nice deer. A flock ( murder ) of crows or circleing turkey vultures is not. Especially if you see them coming to ground.
    TRUST ME . . . been there,done that. --- SAWMAN

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If it was easy, it would be called "Gathering". Lol. I've done everything right (my belief) and been skunked. Alternatively, I've dropped trou, leaned on a tree taking a dump and had a gang (20+/-) of elk come from my 6 o'clock and leisurely stroll by on both sides, a couple close enough to touch! Had a nice bull sneak up a babbling creek bed while I was shifting gear for a better field of fire. We both froze at seven yards, rifle too far and pistol too questionable. I finally moved, he did the cartoon like legs flailing but not going anywhere until he fell down: he still hauled ass before I could get him in the scope, would have been an iron sight kill, maybe. Lol

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Now, I've seen enough movies to recognize Were-beasts when I see them. Well I've got a treat for em. They messed with the wrong redneck!! :)

Attachments

• 20210207_200915.jpg
      20210207_200915.jpg
      1.5 MB · Views: 81

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oh, hell I left my stand at 930 for a camp bsing break. Oh, now I gotta stay till 1030. Fyi one of the guys at the camp brought his lever action browning 308... :p that thing is cool.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    With those "Forcasts": I dont think the swings are that dramatic. For animals Sun rise/set, weather/barometer rise/fall; for fish add Tide where appropriate. Years and years ago it tracted the tables during full day outings: never saw an uptic in game movement, for fishing it was never enough to change what was the season norm for the spots. I'll leave those activity Tarot Cards for others to play with. Lol.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Now, I've seen enough movies to recognize Were-beasts when I see them. Well I've got a treat for em. They messed with the wrong redneck!! :)
    I saw a coin show selling real silver bullets once, as a gimmick. I was all about it until I realized they were making fun of me. I said something along the lines of "You old farts believe in God, angels and demons, but not werewolves, blood sucking night walkers or sasquatch.... just you wait. All myth and legends are based in fact somewhere along the way. I prefer to have all my bases covered."

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Too light. I've got a 450 Bushmaster side charger upper 16 inch I'd turn loose for 425.
    Have you seen the numbers on 350 Legend?! There's some impressive stats. Its a 308 style projectile weight with a 556 powder charge. It's not too far off from serious knock down power. And you can still fit 30 of them in a mag

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Have you seen the numbers on 350 Legend?! There's some impressive stats. Its a 308 style projectile weight with a 556 powder charge. It's not too far off from serious knock down power. And you can still fit 30 of them in a mag
    Yes, it's 308BO. If I want that I'll just load 50% less powder in the 308!!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    James, do more reserch on the 350L before you jump in.
    I have limited expierance,but can refer you to a friend that has a bunch. --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom