• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarkS

Master
    Went by my mechanic buddy's to see what else my 88 wrangler was going to need once he had it up on the lift and could check it out , almost wish I hadn't as my fund for a new AR 10 is going to be spent on suspension parts. Who ever put the 4" body lift under it threw the rear track bar away, an upper rear shock mount is cracked and almost broken off and the leaf springs are worn out only good news was very little rust under it Hopefully he can locate the leaf springs from another of his regulars who changed out leaf springs 3 times before he was happy with the height. Glad I went and bought some 22lr before going by his shop.

madeSICC88

Master
    Stopped at Walmart this evening after we went out to eat, to get some medicine for my daughter, needed to grab some beer for the UFC card tonight and noticed my wife didn't have her purse/wallet with her. They always card her when we buy beer so I was forced to act like I didn't know her and she had to go out to the car when we went to check out. Haha. They never card me but if she's with me they ask to see her card almost every time. She's older then me too.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Rapier

Marksman
    Hired a 16ft box truck and moved 45 cabinet boxes (base and wall) to the shop building. Now I will put a coat of Sander Sealer on them and get the boxes hung on the walls. Moving along towards getting the building ready for the rest of the equipment.
    Ed

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    The Constitution is silent on marriage, gay, straight or otherwise. The Supreme Court is injecting bench legislative opinion to infer the Constitution reserved marriage as a federal power.

Since its not a reserved federal power, it is relegated to the states by the 10th Amendment.
    Notice - States issue (or deny) marriage licenses, and have done so for decades.

Even if you believe federal powers rank supreme in all cases - the fact that Supreme Court justices presume to create law - doesn't make law.
    Only the Legislature (House and Senate) may make new laws - and made a law on the issue. Elected Representatives and Senators represent the people.
    The people are the seat of power in the United States.

And that law didn't support the gay marriage cause. The Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) enacted September 21, 1996, is a United States federal law that defined marriage for federal purposes as the union of one man and one woman.
    Congress defined marriage for the federal government. And backed off to let states do their job.

The Supreme Court essentially snubbed the US Constitution, the Legislature, and therefore the people.
    Can we imprison - without due process - a citizen who followed a 1996 law perhaps illegally changed by the Supreme Court.

From a legal standpoint, without opinion - Judiciary cannot make laws, Legislature does. And the Legislature defined marriage a decade ago.
    My opinion is - marriage isn't a government function at all.

If this recent case is any indication, there is no longer any division of federal powers or relegated states powers, and tyranny awaits us around the corner.
    Hide your guns. That's what this means. We are one SCOTUS appointment away from losing the 2nd Amendment too.

from another forum, thanks to conan the libertarian...spot on, regardless of what one thinks of gay marriage, keep your eye on the real goal....elimination of personal rights.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Streaming

I'm to lazy to start a thread but caught a mess of Reds with a buddy and our kids yesterday in the Mobile river on live shrimp Carolina rigged. Not that u gun guys give a damn!

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      72.6 KB · Views: 145
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      106.1 KB · Views: 146
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      75.4 KB · Views: 148

Viking1204

Master
    What quiet bunch past couple of days! Well had my big money Fantasy draft last night and think it went pretty good, for the first week I'm projected to get the most points of anybody in our 12 person league the first week but we all know how projections go! I'm projected to win my first game 129-111! I've been in this league for about 5 years and never won, even my teenage son has won so I told him it was my turn this year. He didn't agree with me and said he's going to take his second league title LOL!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Still stuck at work, over 12 hours now. Had a laser stop working and another that went out of calibration. Luckily most of the hard work is over, now I'm just waiting on the robot to do it's thing for a while, before I can finish up my part.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Got stuck working over today myself, at least today is Friday though. I get a four day weekend after working the last two.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Got stuck working over today myself, at least today is Friday though. I get a four day weekend after working the last two.

Nice. Yeah, I was supposed to get off over 2.5 hours ago and I've got at least another half hour, if not more. Right now, it looks like the robot doesn't want to cooperate, which means I gotta call out to Oregon. Ugh.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Still here. The guys in Oregon can't figure out what's causing the problem. I've still got the last half hour of work to do once we can finally get past this step. And I'm hungry.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Dangit man, somebody bring my man a sammich! I hate getting stuck on a job and can't eat. Usually cause I ate my lunch for second breakfast but... Well I hope it ends soon anyway.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Ok, finally done. 15hrs+. I will NOT be going in at my normal time tomorrow morning.

I finally couldn't stand it. I ran over to my office about a half hour ago and grabbed a granola bar while the guys in Oregon were having a conference call about how to fix the problems. Gonna grab some fast food one the way home, as well.

madeSICC88

Master
    Working at a customers house this morning and he had Tue QVC channel or one of those shopping channels. This lady is selling some unknown type of emerald of something that sounds cheap and fake. Haha she drops this line
    " We just got done with a meeting with the owner of the mine that these gems came from, the price of these have skyrocketed and he wanted the buy back our lot. We flat out told him NO, we want to offer our customers the best price/profit they can get" haha
    Its nuts that they can sell this stuff.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama has directed his administration to prepare to take in at least 10,000 Syrian refugees next year, a White House spokesman said on Thursday.

JUST WHAT WE NEED...

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    How many of them will be terrorists?
    10%
    30%
    I'm sure he has a quota.

Viking1204

Master
    Wow, Odumba really is trying to destroy this country from the inside out.

Well I'm going to get a way from it all for the weekend, heading up to the no internet and cell phone hunting camp as soon as I work another 6 hours and 2 minutes!

shootnstarz

Master
    Working at a customers house this morning and he had Tue QVC channel or one of those shopping channels. This lady is selling some unknown type of emerald of something that sounds cheap and fake. Haha she drops this line
    " We just got done with a meeting with the owner of the mine that these gems came from, the price of these have skyrocketed and he wanted the buy back our lot. We flat out told him NO, we want to offer our customers the best price/profit they can get" haha
    Its nuts that they can sell this stuff.

Yea, I watch the coin guy a lot just for educational purposes. After he prices one of his coins I go on feebay and usually find it for half what he's asking. "We only have a few hundred of these sets left and when they're gone they absolutely will never be available again"............................until the next show.

Rick

Top Bottom