• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ryan

Master
    If I got 4x4(which I reallllly wanted) I'd be deciding on which 35s and how much lift to get...which defeats the purpose of trading the Jeep in. I sold both 1911s today so I almost have enough to pick up a used TJ for fun. I'll never have a toy vehicle that I have to depend on for work....

jeep is yours 4x4? I'm pretty sure you got the everything package.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    If I got 4x4(which I reallllly wanted) I'd be deciding on which 35s and how much lift to get...which defeats the purpose of trading the Jeep in. I sold both 1911s today so I almost have enough to pick up a used TJ for fun. I'll never have a toy vehicle that I have to depend on for work....

jeep is yours 4x4? I'm pretty sure you got the everything package.

Yeah, mine is 4x4 SL with some nonsense chrome package that is slowly starting to grow on me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Ryan

Master
    no I got a used one..I didn't want to add anything to my payment since I only owed 9k on my 12 jeep when I traded in. I have $1000 saved for when I find the "used gremlins". I figure every used car at a car lot has issues so I'm not really freaking out as I already knew something like this could/would happen to me. It's a 2011 with 46k miles. my Jeep had 46k so everything was pretty equal with it except that I was surprised I didn't crash and die from death wobble on the way to the dealer.

My kenwood touch screen, backup camera, and other junk was supposed to show up from amazon but for the first time ever the package is jammed up in ATL and won't show up. I scored a nice under seat sub box for the rear for 2 tens...he had 2 new kicker 10s in the there and said forget it i want it out and sold it to me for $50...score.

madeSICC88

Master
    That's cool, that guys sound like me when I took the system out of my truck. I had 2 500watt Rockford amps and similar 2x10" sub box under my rear seats too. I gave the amps to this teen that lived in the same apartment building as me and then I asked a guy at work if he knew anybody that could use the subs and he called me saying a friend wanted to know how much. I just said come pick them up.
    I lost interest in audio stuff a few years ago, I just don't listen to music at all anymore. I do like to install that stuff though. Helped a friend a year of so ago and all that was as fun as it's always been.

Last edited:

Seanpcola

I don't care much about absolute thumping bass but I've always been a bit of an audiophile. I love clear audio and enough low end to get the point across. My Silverado is an LT with the complete Bose package and it's great except on Sirius which is a major disappointment. Took me a while to figure it out, compressed signal. That ticks me off because I love the selections.

Speaking of getting a new truck:Boss bought a 2008 Silverado new, drove it 10K and parked it in the back of one of the hangars at work. It's been sitting since 2010. Not good on a vehicle except it has been in a climate controlled environment the whole time, no sunlight exposure, never rained on even. It's white and pretty much a stripped edition, single cab, lwb. Only problem with it is he backed into a tree just hard enough to break a taillight and kink the corner so it rubs the tailgate. Never claimed it on insurance. Lets just say I can get it for close to zero. I think I'm gonna do it. If so, I'm gonna keep the miles off my "fancy" truck and drive the snot out of this one. I'll get the body work fixed and maybe splurge on wheels and tires and go all out on the sound system. It's a V6 so a little better mileage too. I just want something to play with plus it has vinyl interior and rubber floor mats, so, I won't worry about getting it trashed inside.

Hossfly72

Marksman
    I was thinking about your problem with Sirius the other day, Sean. Are you running a portable radio thru a car kit or do you have the satellite already on your radion, like another band? If it's a car kit, you may be in luck. Your truck is pretty new so you could just run an Aux cable from your output on the kit to the input on the radio, without "broadcasting" it onto an empty station on your radio.

Seanpcola

I was thinking about your problem with Sirius the other day, Sean. Are you running a portable radio thru a car kit or do you have the satellite already on your radion, like another band? If it's a car kit, you may be in luck. Your truck is pretty new so you could just run an Aux cable from your output on the kit to the input on the radio, without "broadcasting" it onto an empty station on your radio.

Nope, I think it's just poor quality from Sirius. My truck came with sat radio. I used the broadcast to empty channel setup in my old truck and it was about the same. I also listen to it through the Internet on Bluetooth and even direct from Internet hardwired from my Echo router to the surround system you sold me. The audio quality just isn't there compared to air broadcast or CDs. I really think it's Sirius/XM.

SAWMAN

Master
    Speaking of Sirius ......... I got the free(demo)Sirius when I bought my Toyota. After that expired,I paid for a whole year. Costly,however not too too bad. NOW ........ I hear that when my year has expired they will be raising the price .... considerably !! That will be it for me. I only listen to several channels anyway so ......

I have Pandora on my phone and a couple of "AUX" jacks on my console so figured I would subscribe to the no commercial Pandora and run it thru my trucks speakers. Will be listening to the Irish music,Cajun music,and Blugrass pretty exclusively.

But ..... will have it on the hippity-hop,slap yo hoes,kill the cops shit for Sean when we are headed to eat mullet. --- SAWMAN

Seanpcola

The secret to Sirius as far as cost goes is to get on the phone and negotiate. I started my subscription in June of 2004 and every time they announce a rate hike I call and tell them to shut it off. I have two radios and complete internet service from them for $17 a month.

And the hip hop rap comment is silly Sawman. When you and I ride together I'll be jamming on Chinese opera, volume dial pegged.

madeSICC88

Master
    Wish I was asleep right now. Fuckin allergies got my nose plugged horrible and I hate breathing/sleeping with my mouth open so I'm stuck browsing the web and watching tv until my allergy pill kicks in.

Hossfly72

Marksman
    I've been on allergy shots for about 4 or 5 years. This is the first year since I moved here in 2004 that I've been able to breathe. Heaven!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    My wife and I spent 2 hrs and 44 minutes of the phone with Straight Talk Wireless last night, plus an additional hour or so on Monday night because her phone stopped working on Monday after she re-activated it with the next 3 month's worth of service. At the end of it all, they're stating they have a tower issue in the area and that it might take up to 72 hours to fix the phone (not counting the 72 hours that she's already been without service). I'm going to see if there are any other contract plans out there that are even close to the price.

Seanpcola

My wife and I spent 2 hrs and 44 minutes of the phone with Straight Talk Wireless last night, plus an additional hour or so on Monday night because her phone stopped working on Monday after she re-activated it with the next 3 month's worth of service. At the end of it all, they're stating they have a tower issue in the area and that it might take up to 72 hours to fix the phone (not counting the 72 hours that she's already been without service). I'm going to see if there are any other contract plans out there that are even close to the price.

And yet another company in an ever expanding list of companies that Sean had to tangle with. Gotta get to work but later I'll share a Straight Talk story that will freak some people out.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    And yet another company in an ever expanding list of companies that Sean had to tangle with. Gotta get to work but later I'll share a Straight Talk story that will freak some people out.

From a cursory glance, it appears as though Straight Talk isn't head and shoulders above the contract plans anymore, like they were a couple years ago when she started using it. The biggest problem is that this is her first week of school (teaching 23 kindergartner's, I can't even imagine...), so she's super stressed and doesn't have time to go the any of the stores and pick out a phone and sign up for a plan. I'm going to try to convince her to go today and I'll call Straight Talk tonight and get them to refund the service that she hasn't been able to use.

madeSICC88

Master
    Have her check out best buy, a lot of times they will have better deals for new contracts than going through a carriers store. Like none of the BS activation costs and all that surcharge crap that they usually slap on at the carriers stores. That's how its been for me when I last switched carriers at least.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Have her check out best buy, a lot of times they will have better deals for new contracts then going through a carriers store. Like non if the BS activation costs and all that surcharge crap that they usually slap on at the carriers stores. That's how its been for me when I last switched carriers at least.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'll pass that info along.

Stagman

Master
    +1 for Best Buy, I signed up for Verizon there a few years ago and couldn't be happier with the service. Also the phones are a lot cheaper at Best Buy as compared to the Verizon stores.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom