• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ReelGunner

Shooter
    That's surprising to hear about straight talk. I have had a good experience with them along with many other family and friends for awhile. I just llike the fact that they don't have surprise charges like ATT, it was a guessing game what my monthly bill would be with them each month. Also the coverage of straight talk is nice considering the towers they use. Although, I have had to speak with a couple reps from straight talk that lacked the proper English language when I have needed some assistance. But I guess that's most companies these days.

MarkS

Master
    The wife had straight talk and because of where we live (Baker,Fl.) the data plan was useless as they had no internet service out here, She could make calls but if she wanted online it was wi-fi or nothing. When she switched carriers straight talk held her number hostage and wanted her to pay them to so she could keep the same number, after going round and round with the barely understandable straight talk service rep I told her to heck with them. Let them know they are being reported to the FCC and just go with a new number. Doubt reporting them did any good other than make me feel better.

Seanpcola

Straight Talk: wife decided to go that route a few years ago. At least 3 times in less than two years she would pay for three months and two weeks later her phone would get shut off for "non payment". Off to Wallyworld we would go and spend 45 minutes while the CSR called and straightened it out.

June 5, 2013. Wife paid for 3 months the week before. I leave for work and 10 minutes later she calls... I can barely understand her but make out that she's having some kind of seizure. I flew back home, find her screaming on the floor, get an ambulance and off to the ER. Aneurysm. Doctor say the only thing that saved her life was how fast she called me and everything moved, literally minutes made a difference between life and death or living a vegetable. Once they got her stabilized I grabbed her phone and started trying to call the kids. Phone dead. No time to think about it. Two weeks later she's getting better and wants her phone so I start checking it. Straight Talk cut it off for non payment again. I drove to the Wallyworld in NOLA and the girl there pulls up the bill. Wife paid for 3 months, they shut it off one week later, at 8:15 the day of her aneurysm. She called me at 8:09. 6 minutes later and she would not have gotten through to me. If she hadn't I would not have come home and found her till at least noon, 4 hours later. Doctors words were "If that had happened she would have been luckier to have died on that floor than live with 1/10th of what was left of her brain".

I learned that you can't 100% rely on a cell phone but I've never not made a connection anywhere else or had a phone cut off for lack of payment.

madeSICC88

Master
    Make sure she and anybody else knows that 911 will work still even if the phone doesn't have service. Just a good thing to know

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Rapier

Marksman
    Suggest you get a Verizon phone or IPad. My farm is 1.5 miles from the AL border, off 85, I can stand in my all metal barn and watch Netflicks straight out no buffering and talk to anyone. I have a steady 3 bars. Buy it with a free return privilege, you just pay for actual time used, if you do not like it in say in, 15 days.
    Ed

Viking1204

Master
    I have Verizon and they by far have the best coverage. I can go to the top of the hill near our hunting camp almost 20 miles off the interstate and get service. With AT&T service would drop 5 miles into the woods!

Seanpcola

Wife and I have had Verizon for a couple of years now. No complaints. Actually, I have had some complaints but I suspect it's my phone and not the service. Sometimes people call me, the phone doesn't ring and then voice mail pops up hours later. It's also decided to turn mobile data on when it feels like it and turns it's ringer off on a whim. Getting freezes too. It's a smart phone, Casio Commando II. I think it's just dying. I'm due for a new phone and since I always carry at least my 8" tablet I'm going back to a dumb flip phone.

Gas Port

Master
    Just saw on the news that Gene Simmons is going to visit Jared in the pen for 12 inch Tuesdays.

rtprthd

Master
    Wife and I have had Verizon for a couple of years now. No complaints. Actually, I have had some complaints but I suspect it's my phone and not the service. Sometimes people call me, the phone doesn't ring and then voice mail pops up hours later. It's also decided to turn mobile data on when it feels like it and turns it's ringer off on a whim. Getting freezes too. It's a smart phone, Casio Commando II. I think it's just dying. I'm due for a new phone and since I always carry at least my 8" tablet I'm going back to a dumb flip phone.
    That's just the phone. I've had a few that start to crap out after a year or so. But I've been with Verizon a long time and I have very few complaints.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I have been with Verizon since 1999. I have been to or through 46 of the lower 48 states plus Alaska and all over Canada. Never really had a complaint about the service. The only time I have had any trouble was in out of the way places like North Central Alberta or the backwoods of Mississippi and in those spots there was no cell service of any kind.

Seanpcola

Yeah, they're a little high but apparently you gets what you pays for. I'm adjusting my bill down though. Years ago I burned some major time monthly, 2000 minutes wasn't unusual. When I signed a 2 year contract 25 months ago I went unlimited on phone and text and of course data on two phones. Wife insisted because I'm the one that talks so much. Right. I just audited my last two years of bills. I have averaged around 600 minutes a month. I no longer have to make a lot of work related calls and i dont use enough mobile data to mention. I told wife to get her own plan and she can pay for it. She burns up minutes and her grandkids burn up the data.

Funny side note: I made a list of who I call and average length of conversations. The top three people I yak with on the phone by a wide margin are all GCGF members.:wave:

shootnstarz

Master
    "I, wanna rock and roll all day....and party every night, I, wanna rock and roll all day....and party every night, I, wanna rock and roll all day....and party every night, I, wanna rock and roll all day....and party every night, I, wanna rock and roll all day....and party every night, I, wanna rock and roll all day....and party every night, I, wanna rock and roll all day....and party every night, I, wanna rock and roll all day....and party every night, I, wanna rock and roll all day....and party every night..................................."

Yea, great lyrics, who writes that shit? Can't stand them. Wang Chung rules !!!

Rick

Rapier

Marksman
    List what you think are the top ten groups in R N R history for record sales, then look it up, you will be supprised. Most lyrics in rock songs are lacking any sense and are repetitive.
    Ed

Latest posts

Top Bottom