• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rtprthd

Master
    I hate you all. I drive about 70 miles round trip every day back and forth to work, not counting driving out of and away from Prichard to get lunch most every day.

I told myself it would be worth it due to the great deal we got on the house, but the hours I spend driving every day add up very quickly. Our next house will be closer to work, for sure.

Closer to Prichard?!?! I'm terribly confused. I drive to MIMC everyday, I know it's not as far, but the Eastern Shore really is that much better. I used to have a less than 5 mi. trip to work when I first moved to Mobile. But I wouldn't trade that shit back ever. Have you been to that Wal-Mart in Mobile? One of the only two times I open-carried(other being on motorcycle for comfort). I'm sorry but that whole city is awful. You either have to move 40 min west, 40 min north, or 40 min east. It's kind of a take your pick type of situation.

Seanpcola

If I wasn't so attached to my house I would most likely move to Baldwin Co. when I retire. I'm well in the black on my place and would make a little money if I sold but, we will see. If it wasn't for this house I would plan to move that way. Love Daphne, Spanish Ft. and Fairhope, even down to Magnolia Springs. I would be happy there too.

But, I would have to find and secure a house I really REALLY liked that I could afford first.

madeSICC88

Master
    Just got home from my 3day/ 2k mile journey from Idaho. Fuckin sucked due to all the construction throughout Colorado.
    Had a great time and was hoping to take another day off to clean up my yard and do some errands but I got to get back to the daily grind first thing in the AM.
    Whooo!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

rtprthd

Master
    There is not a bad area west of 59. Since this is stream of consciousness..."It's Shark Week!!" I've looked forward to this week every summer since I was a kid.

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    And all this time I thought I had made you mad when I said.... " I think I may have had all I can stand of the city of Pensacola !!! "....Baldwin County does have some beautiful areas.....and some things are a lot cheaper in Alabama than Florida.....I have wanted to move over to Alabama for a while ....

If I wasn't so attached to my house I would most likely move to Baldwin Co. when I retire. I'm well in the black on my place and would make a little money if I sold but, we will see. If it wasn't for this house I would plan to move that way. Love Daphne, Spanish Ft. and Fairhope, even down to Magnolia Springs. I would be happy there too.

But, I would have to find and secure a house I really REALLY liked that I could afford first.

Last edited:

Seanpcola

And all this time I thought I had made you mad when I said.... " I think I may have had all I can stand of the city of Pensacola !!! "....Baldwin County does have some beautiful areas.....and some things are a lot cheaper in Alabama than Florida.....I have wanted to move over to Alabama for a while ....

Shoot no you didn't make me mad, check PMs.

I agree Pensacola is going down the tube. You live where I grew up and I love that place, just not most of the people there. I bought my house particularly because it got me as far away from the populated area as possible.

Idoono

Master
    65 miles one way every day. Thank God for diesel VW's that get over 45 mpg. Course I do have the every other Friday off thing now so that helps.

Idoono

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Closer to Prichard?!?! I'm terribly confused. I drive to MIMC everyday, I know it's not as far, but the Eastern Shore really is that much better. I used to have a less than 5 mi. trip to work when I first moved to Mobile. But I wouldn't trade that shit back ever. Have you been to that Wal-Mart in Mobile? One of the only two times I open-carried(other being on motorcycle for comfort). I'm sorry but that whole city is awful. You either have to move 40 min west, 40 min north, or 40 min east. It's kind of a take your pick type of situation.

I basically work in Prichard (technically I'm nestled in between Happy Hill and Toulminville). I currently live in Fairhope, but I would like to be in the Spanish Fort area, or somewhere up 225, south of 65. Given that I'll soon be travelling between Mobile and Fulton, I'd probably be better served to move up toward Saraland, Satsuma or just north, but then my wife would have to commute about the same distance I currently do, and that would mean I live in Mobile County.

Viking1204

Master
    It's about 6 miles from my house to work on Hurlburt Field. For the past couple of years the traffic has sucked due to them building a flyover for the straight through traffic on 98 and by July 22nd that Flyover should be finished. I received an email today that West bound traffic would start using it July 15th and then East bound traffic would start using it July 22nd! That will make my drive a breeze when that opens up!

Shark week has been awesome, been watching it every night sine it started! Some amazing new technology being used to monitor them but some of those marine scientists are still pretty damn brave! I saw one show where they attached a GoPro to a Great White fin by hand as it swam up to the boat, crazy!

rtprthd

Master
    I basically work in Prichard (technically I'm nestled in between Happy Hill and Toulminville). I currently live in Fairhope, but I would like to be in the Spanish Fort area, or somewhere up 225, south of 65. Given that I'll soon be travelling between Mobile and Fulton, I'd probably be better served to move up toward Saraland, Satsuma or just north, but then my wife would have to commute about the same distance I currently do, and that would mean I live in Mobile County.
    I do like the areas up 225. But depending how far up you go the drive isn't good either. Saraland seems to be alright. But like you said, its still mobile county.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Seemed appropriate

Glad I found this pic for this appropriate time

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      71 KB · Views: 125

rtprthd

Master
    From what I've seen, Semmes is very wrong.
    I did see a bunch of goats on the side of the road when I drove through. And this was the main highway. Then a woman in a Z71 with truck nuts hanging on the back. Frightening and confusing at the same time.

Top Bottom