• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Khaot1c

Marksman
    I get those from time to time. The last one took me straight to my knees and I felt like I couldn't take a normal breath for about 10 minutes. Nothing fun about them, for sure.
    Pretty much why I quit playing so much golf. And the fact that I never could really get Good at it. Not that I'm great at this shooting thing but at least a day of shooting doesn't cause massive back pain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

shootnstarz

Master
    I get terrible side cramps when I've been on my feet a long time. Those also send me to my knees. But, pain is just weakness leaving the body !!!

RH

Pheww, off topic a tad but man. Finally got my lunch break & I came home to chicken drumsticks & fruit waiting for me. So happy & blessed to have a job so close to home. ♥

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Seanpcola

That's what I'm going to miss about the big work move. 1 mile to work, 1 mile home for lunch, 1 mile back to work, 1 mile home. Less than 50 miles a week total and better food.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I hate you all. I drive about 70 miles round trip every day back and forth to work, not counting driving out of and away from Prichard to get lunch most every day.

I told myself it would be worth it due to the great deal we got on the house, but the hours I spend driving every day add up very quickly. Our next house will be closer to work, for sure.

Last edited:

Khaot1c

Marksman
    11 Miles with 1 traffic light to contend with. That I seem to always catch when it's red

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    60 miles round trip to where I sleep but 300 miles round trip to home.

MAXman

Master
    30 lights between home and the time clock if I go 90. I can go 10, for more miles and uh, jerk semi trucks.

Could be worse though. I mean, i could catch every rush hour every day except Sunday. Wait,
    No the ac in the mini could be acting up.
    Wait, no.....ok, got it: i could be a genetically mutated turtle living in the sewers of New York City and be forced to fight crime with a wooden stick, because, in order to have a permit in New York City, one must be a politician, a city employee, or be rich and have friends that are politicians and city employees.

bohica793

Master
    I hate you all. I drive about 70 miles round trip every day back and forth to work, not counting driving out of and away from Prichard to get lunch most every day.

I told myself it would be worth it due to the great deal we got on the house, but the hours I spend driving every day add up very quickly. Our next house will be closer to work, for sure.

Prior to my move to Fairhope from Atlanta, I drove 70 miles EACH WAY everyday in Atlanta traffic. Did that for almost 20 years. Commuting in and out of Mobile is nothing.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    56 to 60 mile round trip for me, only 4 lights....it is mostly woods nice drive

MAXman

Master
    Prior to my move to Fairhope from Atlanta, I drove 70 miles EACH WAY everyday in Atlanta traffic. Did that for almost 20 years. Commuting in and out of Mobile is nothing.

Within six monthes if most likley pull a falling down(except minus the whole violence spree to make my kids birthday party). I spend 10 minutes yelling at the lawn mower in the shed every evening as it is.

Last edited:

Seanpcola

The most I've ever driven back and forth to work was about 15 miles one way when I was doing the Naval Aviation Museum aircraft resto gig. I'll admit that I've been fortunate. I can't even wrap my head around those work commutes you hear about for people in NY, riding trains and subways for hours each day.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    11 Miles with 1 traffic light to contend with. That I seem to always catch when it's red

Similar scenario, but since navy federal started building they put up 2 more lights. I'm going to hate when people are actually working in the new facility. The increase in traffic will be crazier than the fruit loops that work there now.

MarkS

Master
    Been a lot of years but I worked on a job in Panama City Beach that was around 200 mile round trip but the boss gave me a company van to drive and paid me 3 hours a day riding time. That was a long 10 months.

Seanpcola

I've gotten spoiled and I know it. Between a ridiculously low gas bill for my truck, eating cheap at home and wear and tear on the vehicle it's saved me a ton of money. Oh, and I get a discount on my car insurance too. Also, I get a lot of stuff done on my lunch hour like mowing the yard, tinkering on projects and such. It's not going to be too bad even after the change at work but I will probably not have the free lunch time.

Khaot1c

Marksman
    When I first got here i rented a house in Crestview and worked on Eglin. That daily commute on the Crestview 500 got old fast. After my lease was up i moved to shalimar. Even with the hike in rent it was still a pay raise with a mucher lower fuel cost.
    It dawned on me in that year that Florida needs the equilivlant of a Dexter for asshole drivers.

Top Bottom