• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Some will make it, most will fail, others will just be outright killed by gangs of marauders. It will be sheer luck to stay in one place waiting for a crop to come in or holding your supplies for yourself.

CCHGN

Banned
    Some will make it, most will fail, others will just be outright killed by gangs of marauders. It will be sheer luck to stay in one place waiting for a crop to come in or holding your supplies for yourself.

So, the gangs that are killing each other in their neighborhoods right now, will decide to suddenly branch out, unopposed? I seriously doubt it. At the riots in L.A., Asian store owners were on their roofs, shooting looters.

Katrina spawned alot of crisis laws, things have changed.

IMO, there WILL be pockets of places that outsiders should not go and that applies to both sides. The unprepared sheeple will make the wrong decisions, trust the wrong folks and get taken.

Also, after all the threads we've had lately, look at us now: So when it gets right down to it, you think our 'beloved' military/LE will turn self centered and spineless and bail/turn on us in a crisis and I don't. Imagine that.

Last edited:

Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    The biggest obstacle will be rallying behind a leader. Look at this thread, we can't even DISCUSS a disaster without arguing. Do you really think we would get along DURING a disaster? And we are all like minded people,imagine throwing in a couple democrats. Lol. Just on this forum alone there are of many chiefs and not enough Indians, which will probably be the case with other neighbors/families. Just something to think about....

Snow Bird

Master
    CC IF you were LE would you protect your family or mine. Consider I don't own guns.

Seanpcola

I've got 3 months supply of everything I can think of at home. Part of living in hurricane central. I've lived without power for 2 months and I was fine as far as "comfort" goes. Also have a mechanical well with a tested water source. Anything after that is all bets off anyway. I do have a plan B that I will not discuss here. However, I'm not so sure I would care to stick around much longer than that anyway. People will self-destruct down to the lowest common denominator. Hunting? I can do it, just hope someone doesn't cap me for the 20# pig I finally got a shot at. I'm sure a well setup community can do well, at least until a desperate army of a thousand killers, rapists and all around bad guys with no sense of the value of life shows up.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Individuals will have no chance and stationary folk will not have much of a chance unless part of an organized group w a small army. you don't know real gangs I am guessing, like militia groups raping and pillaging the countryside...LOL

Snow Bird

Master
    Sean and Frank. Sean you are set better than 95% of the people here and I think would do better than most. You both bring up great points.

CCHGN

Banned
    CC IF you were LE would you protect your family or mine. Consider I don't own guns.

If I was LE and I WAS military, I'd do my job. Period. Btw HUGE difference between going home to protect your family and going out pillaging and raping, as has been suggested. I hope deserters will be shot on site. Btw, we still are officially at war.

Also, I have full confidence that any LE or military that DID go home, wouldn't sit at home, they'd organize a group and defenses and make plans for offensive defenses, etc. Same as I will.

I seriously hope that if anything happens, that the first thing the military does is blow the bridges in Escambia Bay.

Snow Bird

Master
    Then when I sell my guns I KNOW I CAN COUNT ON YOU. That makes me so much more at ease.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    No sir, you do not know what you would do because you have never had to do it...Besides those in charge will not be you so there goes that theory!

I am just saying it will be more brutal and difficult than any of us are ready for, some will survive and adapt, some will not, plain and simple. With no power or communication there will be no rally call or someone to tell people what to do or come to your aid. The Military will protect their assets first and so will LEO's, it will be a LONG time before they help others unless you go to them and then, good luck.

Seanpcola

Sean and Frank. Sean you are set better than 95% of the people here and I think would do better than most. You both bring up great points.

I've had some discussions with my neighbors. We have a rough outline too but as was mentioned before, we're all trustworthy discussing this in comfort of our homes with the AC on and something showing on TV while the wife cooks a nice hot meal. I'm banking on "all bets are off" when SHTF. I've lived a great life, my kids are doing well and have some peetty good preps set up. If it wasn't for a wife I wouldn't give this stuff a second thought.

Seanpcola

Of course I do use this subject as an excuse to use with momma when expressing the need for one more gun or "We really need a Jeep".:violin:

CCHGN

Banned
    Individuals will have no chance and stationary folk will not have much of a chance unless part of an organized group w a small army. you don't know real gangs I am guessing, like militia groups raping and pillaging the countryside...LOL

well, I'm thinking that you're not in touch with reality too much.. The mayor, city commissioners, county officials, et al will do their jobs and will want restore order ASAP. There's City PD, County sheriff and State troopers, Fl wildlife, etc. They will call the Govenor asap and deploy the NG. They are in constant contact with local base Commanders, who will want to help all they can. They will go after any organized, armed groups ASAP. They will likely set up roadblocks, instil curfews and control traffic. I pity the fools who think they'll come out here and do any harm.

I've talked to a team of Rangers who were practicing in those woods over by the Yellow River. We were kayak fishing. Every chance I get, I ask LE/Military direct questions: If ordered, will you fire on Americans? If ordered, will confiscate private guns? All answers were no. Question: will you, in a crisis, desert and go home? answer: depends, if a total breakdown in leadership, yes.

I went to NOLA right after Katrina and pockets of folks survived and defended themselves.

Last edited:

Seanpcola

It would be great if you could actually believe those guys but again, it's all academic discussing this when all is right in the world. Sorry CCGHN, you speak like a true liberal, all kind of faith in the human condition which sounds wonderful in on line discussions or running for political office but always, ALWAYS falls completely apart in the real world.

Aaronious45

Master
    I haven't read through all these posts, but who the hell would want to live through any of that?

Snow Bird

Master
    I thought everything fell apart after Katrina with LE and there was looting and for the most part the gunfire was coming from thugs. Guess you watched diffrent news than the rest of the country.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Well, we(us) here on the forum need to find a central meeting spot so we can defend what we have or what we will call ours. From the scenarios I've read, we may be fighting each other. To avoid that we need colors, flags, signals or something to let each other know that we Are the good "Guys". I'm sure we don't want to kill one another??????

Seanpcola

I haven't read through all these posts, but who the hell would want to live through any of that?

My point exactly Aaron. It would be one thing if the world was full of honest, normal people but the reality is that a large majority of survivors that made it would be ruthless, psychotic maniacs that would kill you and your family for entertainment and a minth old slice of moldy bread. I might feel different if I was 20 YO but let's face it: I'm almost 60, about 20 years past the average lifespan 200 years ago before modern medicine........ which will go out the door on week one.

Snow Bird

Master
    Hell i'm afraid to go to the next 3 gun match.

Top Bottom