• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    I think the book was "one second after" I read it a while back before the forum. It's a great book that covers all of this. The only thing I can add, is I think a lot of people just assume something's going to happen while they are at home... Chaos can break out any second and if you are 15 miles from home all the supplies in your safe don't do a bit of good. I keep a 3 day kit in both vehicles along with a long gun and ammo. I also don't let any of my vehicles get below half a tank.

jbrian420

Shooter
    Overtime that is a good book. I also recommend patriots and survivors by james wesley rawles.

If anyone wants a copy of the ebook or audiobooks send me a pm.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

CCHGN

Banned
    .... The only thing I can add, is I think a lot of people just assume something's going to happen while they are at home... Chaos can break out any second and if you are 15 miles from home all the supplies in your safe don't do a bit of good. I keep a 3 day kit in both vehicles along with a long gun and ammo. I also don't let any of my vehicles get below half a tank.

Yes, also, afa stocking alot of stuff in your house, a tornado, fire or flood can wipe it all out in a minute. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Have outhouses and sheds( I won't even mention cache, that's another myth that sounds good on paper, but doesn't work in practice around here. If some one doesn't find it, animals or Nature will.).

Last edited:

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Overtime that is a good book. I also recommend patriots and survivors by james wesley rawles.

If anyone wants a copy of the ebook or audiobooks send me a pm.

Not a PM but i would like a ebook of it as long its a story and not a report.
    If u could post a link to ebook that would b great. Thats how it was on here then?

jbrian420

Shooter
    That's very inportant without power. Also a mop ringer can double to get most of water out before hanging. Useful tips like this is what we need. Negatively doesn't help anyone. If you don't believe a total collapse can happen then you dont have to pay attention or respond. Every great civilization has failed throughout society and see us no different. Every fiat currency has eventually exploded into hyperinflation.

I pray not in my lifetime but am a realist. I choose to look at the facts.

Snow Bird

Master
    You would have to build that thing like Ben said. I can remember the old wringer washing machines that my Grandma used and you could rig something like that up to it.

Just a note, If the power grid is off you wont have runing water so it will be find the nearest river and boil your drinking water,unless you can find a well in the country and hook a gen to it.

It's fun to talk about all this total collapse thing but we only keep enough food in the motor home for 2 weeks and then rice and beans for another month if things get rough. Living in this thing we can start it and move. There is enough water in the tank for 2 weeks if you just wash off and don't shower and 75 gallons of gas so I don't worry myself alot about anything but a twister.

Short of a nuke attack I really think things will be ok untill after I die unless the chinese buy this country out.

Last edited:

jbrian420

Shooter
    That's if you have enough gas to move it and there's not looters and gangs raiding the streets. Water isnt much of a problem in Florida but still wouldn't be fun collecting it. I plan on getting a 1200 gallon tank or so and collecting rain water. In the short term I would like to use the water to feed the garden. And if needed I would have a water supply in a hurricane or disaster or worse.

CCHGN

Banned
    That's if you have enough gas to move it and there's not looters and gangs raiding the streets. Water isnt much of a problem in Florida but still wouldn't be fun collecting it. I plan on getting a 1200 gallon tank or so and collecting rain water. In the short term I would like to use the water to feed the garden. And if needed I would have a water supply in a hurricane or disaster or worse.

Right now, we have 55 gal drums catching water off the roofs. We also have 5gal buckets, as they're more mobile. You gotta have mosquito donuts and lids( to prevent evaporation).

As said, we can't know what kind of crisis it will be, nor how to prepare for it. Just plan on being self sufficient for a length of time and a plan for when that runs out.

Afaik, trouble goes in pockets. I was in L.A., Ca during a riot. Most of the city didn't even know anything was going on(except for tv), at ground zero, buildings were being burned down and folks killed. Unless you went down to South Central, you were in no danger.

Around here, if there's any trouble, it will be localized. IMO, RV parks will be vulnerable. Right now, a neighborhood over in Pensacola is having a rash of burglaries and home invasions. I don't see it. Out here, some crack heads are stealing metal ( or whatever they haul off), I don't see it. Our dogs( cattle dogs outside, chihuahaus inside) alert to anything that moves around us.

IN any kind of evacuation the roads look like parking lots.
    A08NJ4MCAR5CTW8CAOJFH36CA1FAWV5CA73DHKKCA0SWVQMCAZYWCHYCA61GUVRCAMYCJ9GCA3A9DVXCA2ATZGLCA7153G9C.jpg

Attachments

• A08NJ4MCAR5CTW8CAOJFH36CA1FAWV5CA73DHKKCA0SWVQMCAZYWCHYCA61GUVRCAMYCJ9GCA3A9DVXCA2ATZGLCA7153G9C.jpg
      A08NJ4MCAR5CTW8CAOJFH36CA1FAWV5CA73DHKKCA0SWVQMCAZYWCHYCA61GUVRCAMYCJ9GCA3A9DVXCA2ATZGLCA7153G9C.jpg
      6.7 KB · Views: 115
    Last edited:

CCHGN

Banned
    No one should be telling anyone if their "secrets".

There's no secrets, it's all out in the open, that's the whole point, hiding in plain sight. That's my plan( and most everyone elses' out here). I'm just an old farmer and I ain't got nothing worth dying for.

CCHGN

Banned
    As far as a single family defending there homestead., In my mind that is a dream also. To many suppressors out there now and I don't care how good of a shot you are you are still a good target from 500 yards away..

There's not any 500 yrds open to do any shooting, we're surrounded by woods and farms and families. Like I said, once the first family is murdered there will be witch hunt.

CCHGN

Banned
    Originally Posted by FrankT
    Military and LEO would certainly not be there to help you, some may be your worst problem along w some neighbors...LOL

Amen
    The only military or police left would be the ones that did not bail out and go home to protect their families. The ones left would be either 100% government followers or else be raping and pillaging.

I just don't believe that. My experience in hurricanes and tornadoes and wild fires and earthquakes and riot is that folks stick together and try to survive. They still want to be human and be ruled by law and the rules still apply. A lawbreaker, no matter who, is still a lawbreaker and must be dealt with immediately. Whatever their profession, they WANT to do their jobs to bring normalcy back.

There's thousands of military at Eglin and NAS, I just don't believe they'll all jump ship. I don't believe that LE will bail. Those few LE at NOLA who bailed were the exception and were convicted harshly. I've not seen ANY instance where anyone would have that opinion.

Snow Bird

Master
    Jbr, I said I have 75 gallon of fuel on board right now.

CCHGN, RV parks may well be BUT at least 50% of the 60 rv owners in this park are armed and we TO are like neighbors.Spaced Much closer than your neighbors are together so It would be a mastake to start looting here. Most grew up with guns and hunted so the south isn't the only place people hunted. Some are vets ans served in South East Aisa and know how to fight. Look at John Al singature. Even though some of us are only together 6 months out of the year we are a close knit group and like your farm place no one comes in or out without being seen.

CCHGN, I have often wondered if you have a well on your farm or drink runoff from your roof as you have stated several times you boil your drinking water? At home we called that a cistern(spelling) and many people used those years ago but now most people have a well or the city has run water along all the through roads.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    CC, we are talking a complete breakdown, I hope you are right but almost know you are not...it will be madness. They certainly will not respond to your call for help as no call will go out with power and communications down.

jbrian420

Shooter
    I don't think road travel would be possible.

Cchgn there's actually 3 main roads to get in American Farms and I would cut trees to block all outside traffic and feel others would have same thoughts and main routes would be impassable.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Brian, if you did that they may start eating their own...LOL Besides w no fuel they could not farm or get water out of the ground. and IF it is a dirty bomb all surface water would be contaminated

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    I wonder how Zombie Jerky would be?

jbrian420

Shooter
    Dont need fuel to farm. If its a total collapse, the more separation I have from the outside world the better. I strive for self sufficiency. Not there now but would be a good goal.

Snow Bird

Master
    Can your wife pull a plow or do you even have one?

Top Bottom