• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CCHGN

Banned
    and a farm would be my first stop when the going gets gone! just sayin!

Better bring LOTS of help to take out hundreds of well armed, like minded folks,,,,,lol

Map out American Farms and see how big it is, filled with active and retired military and good ol' boys and girls,......I know a (military) widow woman, has her own farm, that I'd put up against alot of men.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    There are a lot of weak targets, people ill prepared, beside you might be surprised how many would welcome an armory moving in prepared to defend.

CCHGN

Banned
    Just put a grenade in the barrel and you're good to go.

????? Really? Chamber closed, blast goes back out barrel, Am I missing something here?

CCHGN

Banned
    OK, I've been reading the post and had to sleep on how to respond, so here goes.

Folks have different ideas about how it will go down, but mine is more realistic( IMO)(maybe, Frank and Snowbird, it's my Marine Corps background).

In my reality, I don't need a militia, don't want one. Consider this, the LE has weapons and armor, including helicoptors. The govenor has the NG, including armor and helicoptors. We are surrounded by military bases, including fighter jets, helos, bombs and Vulcans, etc. Just who in the heck does any local ragtag militia think they're going to fight and win? LE will go after law breakers first. The NG will go after looters and "SO called" murauders. The NAS PC and Eglin will protect this area from a marching army. What do I need a militia for?

Here's another reality, IF( and that's a big if) a gang or bad ass militia decides to start raiding, folks will get wind of it and fight back. The quickest way to get folks up in arms is to start home invading, murdering and stealing from folks.

Here at American Farms, there's a couple of hundred farms out here. There's only 2 ways in and one has a bridge( natural kill zone). If anyone thinks they can just waltz in here and begin murdering and stealing from folks, they're in for rude awakening. They'll have to do it a couple of hundred times and I'll guarantee that they won't make it out alive. Nope, imo, we'll get LE, NG and local military help, so then it's just a matter of surviving with food and water.

My thing is this: IF you want to survive( for years, not weeks or months) you have to be doing it right now. There's alot of bugs to be worked out. Animals won't reproduce it if they're not happy. They get sick easier and die.

we do everything out here by hand, we boil and filter all of our drinking water right now. I have barrels and 5 gal buckets collecting rain water, so the animals and plants have water all the time. we have 5 acres out here that will sustain all the animals indefinitely. Getting and being here is not by accident.

HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    I'm all ears.... Ready for a good joke.

Its the one where the gal is all crying and boo hooing standing at the edge of a cliff ready to fling herself off cause she just can't stand living anymore.

So this hobo comes up and says "seeing as you're ready to end it all, how bout we do a little shagging".

She gets all indignant and says "get away from me you filthy, disgusting pig"!!!!!

And the hobo says.......... "have it your way, I'll just go down to the bottom and wait like everyone else".............................

Seanpcola

Its the one where the gal is all crying and boo hooing standing at the edge of a cliff ready to fling herself off cause she just can't stand living anymore.

So this hobo comes up and says "seeing as you're ready to end it all, how bout we do a little shagging".

She gets all indignant and says "get away from me you filthy, disgusting pig"!!!!!

And the hobo says.......... "have it your way, I'll just go down to the bottom and wait like everyone else".............................

Sick!

Love it.

Snow Bird

Master
    CCHGN,Looks like you have things pretty much under control for now. Every one has there own fantasie on how this would go down. A malita might win out and might not and everyones idea is diffrent on how they would be when ever this stuff goes down. Even where you would be living at the time.

I agree that 3 or 4 familys together would be the way to go. In my mind it would be just to get food. Mostly meat and that is pretty easy to do. Even your farm would be pretty easy to poach on unless your livestock lives under your house like some did in overseas years ago. Don't know if that still happens or not. One family would be pretty easy pickens for poaching enough meat to survive on. You don't need the whole cow and a single goat is easy to carry off..

As far as a single family defending there homestead., In my mind that is a dream also. To many suppressors out there now and I don't care how good of a shot you are you are still a good target from 500 yards away.

Now in my little dream world this all goes down up north(dirty word) where farms are from 100 to 1000 acers and livestock (all kinds) are pastured and there are huge field of crops to steal. Corn, beans and such.

Since this is all a dream it is fun to talk about and your farm is a good one think about and what could be gotten there since every one knows from your posts. Guns ,ammo,food,gold,silver. Remember you aren't the only one who is a good shot and you do have to get some shut eye and feed your livestock.

Then there is the whole barter thing. Have to go somewhere to barter unless they come to you. Both are easy ways to get shot. Then there is the whole thing of who do I trust? Are they comming to barter or to take what I have. Now are they really my friends or are they going to turn on me? Friends have turned on each other. All of this would wear a person out .

Myself,the most important for me to survive something would be meds. Where are you going to get them? Can't just go to Wallie World and I dont know any doctors that will give you a year or two of them for when the shit hits the fan.Inslin for the wife is the most important thing and you can't go to many doctors and get enough for that length of time. It,s aginst the law and we don't break the law do we. Then there is the shelf life of some meds.

This is almost like playing a video game. Lots of fun and a fantisy.

Snow Bird

Master
    Reply to the joke,Do any of them,Blind,cripple or crazy and not dead over 10 hours.

FNHman

Marksman
    Even with out taking gun violence into consideration I'd guess that half the population would die the by the end of the second month from starvation, lack of medication, and no air conditioning. The rest of us survivors would have to stay inside to keep from getting the plague. 1/100 of the population would survive the 1st year.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    We read a book in this forums book reading club that existed for a bit. It covered most all these concerns. Think it was called : the day after tomorrow? (Someone correct me I wrong?)

CCHGN

Banned
    CCHGN,Looks like you have things pretty much under control for now. Every one has there own fantasie on how this would go down. A malita might win out and might not and everyones .... This is almost like playing a video game. Lots of fun and a fantisy.

well, this is reality to me, as I live it every day.

Btw, I would LOVE to hear how a militia would 'win' around here. Btw, Win what? Win against Santa Rosa LE? NG? A ( ground, artillery, air support) unit from Eglin? Heck, they could send armed drones over and wipe out any militia unit and not even break a sweat. Besides the fact that it'd be stupid for a militia to try to force themselves on anyone, I'd say they's the dumbest short timers in the world. The ONLY thing a militia is good for is to defend a place.

I'm close to the center of this place. I'm surrounded by familes, who's surrounded by more families, who's surrounded by more families, etc Raiders would have to defeat the armed roadblock getting in here( who'll be telling outsiders to move on) and then kill dozens and dozens of families and word would get around fast and they'd have the rest of the folks on them like white on rice.. NO one could sneak in here, everyone has outside dogs and inside dogs and Goats and chickens and Turkeys and Geese and Peacocks and Jennys and Mules, all great watchdogs.

Most out here barter already right now( another reality). In the spring and summer, we even have a farmer's mkt. Alot of folks have lived out here all their lives and everyone pretty much knows everyone else. News travels fast, folks stop and report anything new right away.

Yeah, the worst off are folks in town who have to rely on grocery stores and walgreens, etc. They'll be looted and closed soon after any trouble. Then the strong will fan out and prey on the weak. I'd say there will be curfews and roadblocks. I wouldn't want no part of that,.

Last edited:

Idoono

Master
    No one should be telling anyone if their "secrets". Just my .02 worth!!!

True this. And I am not sure if LE, NG or even the military would be around depending upon just what kind of s%&t hits the fan. Remember they have families also and will want to protect them. When Katrina hit the first thing to go was LE and the NG had to come a while later from other parts of the state. You have to protect yourself from everyone, even your so called friends in your neighborhood.

Idoono

Snow Bird

Master
    Like I said lots of fun and a fantisy.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Military and LEO would certainly not be there to help you, some may be your worst problem along w some neighbors...LOL

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Military and LEO would certainly not be there to help you, some may be your worst problem along w some neighbors...LOL

Amen
    The only military or police left would be the ones that did not bail out and go home to protect their families. The ones left would be either 100% government followers or else be raping and pillaging.

Fathertime

Marksman
    My own opinion but I think this is why all the fuss is about zombies, take a look at the walkers with the pants to their knees can you imagine what is going to happen when the food stamps stop? Head shots with a 22 easy kill!

Top Bottom